“Wurzburg Ibis” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Wuerzburg City

Save Saved
You added Ibis Wuerzburg City to your Saves list
Ibis Wuerzburg City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Veitshoechheimer Strasse 5B, 97080 Wurzburg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #10 of 49 hotels in Wurzburg

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
d
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

good place to sleep 1 night drawback that no decent environment to take dogs outside, good snack choices for instead going out to eat nice clean room, sufficient breakfeast parking was not easy to find

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was the same standard Ibis as all around the world. The location is 10 minutes walk from the main square of the city. The room was silently and clean. There is a parking place for 8 euros per day on a 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jarrow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Arrived at the hotel and found the parking across the road ok after reading previous reviews. Shocked however to find it was 8 Euros where most towns of this size would be free.
Check in was ok apart from the miserable staff on reception. I was advised that there was no restaurant at the hotel but was advised I could eat at the restaurant in the cinema next door or another one called Lumen which was a little walk further.
After dropping my bags in my room which was a basic IBIS room (although not one of the most modern ones I've stayed in) I headed out to find some food.
The choice in the cinema restaurant was totally uninspiring so decided to go and find Lumen only to find it was shut. Went back to reception to get a map and ask how to get into town and eat.
Eventually after a 10 minute walk I found a few shops and restaurants amongst which was Joe's which is a latin american style place. I found this very good and had decent service and the food was excellent.
Heading back to my room I tried to get onto the wifi which I had payed for as part of the business/breakfast package but I could not connect as I was on the third floor and probably too far away from the router. Next problem was I was sat at the desk with my laptop planning on doing a bit of work and needed to plug in my power lead but there was no plug socket avaialble anywhere near the desk. I eventaully ended up having to unplug the TV and use that socket altough it was a bit of a stretch.
Sleep quality was not too bad and next morning breakfast was of good standard. At checkout I was told I needed to pay for the bottle of water I had ordered the night before but was advised by the snotty receptionist that I couldn't add it to my bill and would have to pay separately. I was also told I would have to pay cash as the minimum card payment was 10 euros. After I advised I had no cash and much humming and harring she finally put it through on my card and added it to my bill.
Overall not the greatest of hotels in a country where one is accustomed to poor service anyway. Further to the check out issue, I since found that my card was charged twice for the one bottle of water I had.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ibis Wuerzburg City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ibis Wuerzburg City

Address: Veitshoechheimer Strasse 5B, 97080 Wurzburg, Bavaria, Germany
Location: Germany > Bavaria > Franconia > Lower Franconia > Wurzburg
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 49 hotels in Wurzburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Ibis Wuerzburg City 2*
The Ibis Wuerzburg City Hotel is located close to the Convention Centre, 1.5 km from the railway station, the centre of Würzburg and its theatres. Close to numerous cafés and restaurants, it has 110 air-conditioned rooms and also a bar open 24/24 which serves light meals and snacks. You have access to public covered parking close to the hotel. Guests on a business trip will appreciate the Wifi wireless broadband Internet access. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Ibis Wuerzburg City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ibis Hotel würzburg

If you own or manage Ibis Wuerzburg City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.