“really nice food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Athens, Greece
“really nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Well, in that small restaurant we had very tasty spare ribs and an amazing roast goose...the service was very good and the atmosphere the same...recommended

Visited December 2013

88% Recommend
Derby, United Kingdom
“No good for vegetarians !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a meal there. My partner who eats meat LOVED the meal there. I am a veggie and I had a lovely bowl of pumpkin soup !
The atmosphere was great and we had a great night but it is a very traditional Bavarian tavern.
I wouldn't have missed it despite being hungry.

• Visited December 2013
“Matched the reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

The staff were really friendly and the food was great. I had ribs that fell off the bone and my wife had a skewer with perfectly cooked pork and steak with a great pepper cream sauce. Do yourselves a favour.....

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Huge portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We too found out about this restaurant from the Night Watchman and made reservations the next morning for that night. It is very cosy and charming and the food was delicious. We had the skewer and the ribs and either one would have been enough for 2 people. I'd like to say we didn't finish but it was so good be just couldn't stop. The skewer had a filet mignon, 2 pork tenderloin filets and lots of vegetables. The sauce was so good I could have eaten with a spoon!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Charming Restaurant - Great Food Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We found this hotel by using the internet and we weren't disappointed. The restaurant is down a lane that isn't very busy and as we walked to it from our hotel we were not sure if we were headed in the right direction. My understanding is that this is the oldest building in town, approx 900 years old. When we opened the front door we were surprised to enter right into the dining room, it seems like a pretty small restaurant by American standards. We were warmly greeted by a woman who I think may be one of the owners. She spoke very good English and upon confirming that we did not have reservations (I'm thinking you should for this very popular, small restaurant) said 'no issue' and found a lovely table for the two of us. We were there the last week of November and the restaurant was decorated very nicely for Christmas. The place settings are custom to the restauratn which feature a stylized version of their logo. The server wasn't particularly good at English but that's our problem not hers as we were on her territory. The menu featured their traditional Christmas specials, my husband had cream of horseradish soup which was outstanding while I had the cream of pumpkin soup which was also very good. For the main course my husband had the roast goose which he had never had before and would now highly recommend at this restaurant. I just had traditional sausage and sauerkraut which were also very good. I would definitely recommend a visit to this very nice restaurant.

• Visited November 2013