“Pretty good Italian” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta
Red Deer
“Pretty good Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This restaurant serves basic italian. Lots of pasta and serves the meat and fish courses in a traditional trattoria style i.e. grilled, tomato sauce, lemon, etc.. The prices are low but thats not what we were looking for. We didn't feel the fish or meat dishes looked very inspired based on the menu descriptions so we stuck with tortellini, canneloni and taglietelli. The pasta dishes were good but not great. The patio overlooks a busy road. We ate at Il Pescatore in the old town a few nights ago which was excellent in all ways. We may be being a bit harsh on this restaurant since the other is fresh in our minds.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Miami Beach, Florida
“Excellent Italian restaurant in Fussen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

My wife and I visited this restaurant after we saw the reviews on trip advisor and thought it was great!. The pasta was really good and would definitely recommend for anyone to go and eat here. The service was great and they were really nice.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Italy
“The food is FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

After traveling around Germany, my husband and I found ourselves in need of some Italian food. After reading tripadvisor.com, we decided to visit Bella Vista. It was absolutely, the BEST Italian food I've ever had. It beat any of the restaurants back home in Florida.

I had the rigatoni putanesca, which was to die for! My husband had the rigatoni four cheese and of course we topped it off with beer! I would absolutely recommend this restaurant !This is a gem that deserves more recognition.

Visited May 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious! Inexpensive! Eat with the locals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Having had a good German meal the prior night at Ritterstub'n, we were in the mood for Italian. The #1 rated restaurant for Fussen on tripadvisor (Pizzeria il Pescatore) was closed for the week, so we headed out for Bella Vista. It's a little off the beaten path -- not in the Alstadt -- about a 10 minute walk from the tourist area. It was clear when we arrived that this is where the locals eat. The server seemed almost puzzled to be serving a couple of tourists, but very nice nonetheless.

It's a small place -- maybe 8-10 tables. The food was fantastic! My boyfriend and I ordered an antipasto and one pasta dish and had plenty of food for the two of us. A tip: The appetizers come with your choice of bread or "pizza bread." The pizza bread is basically a small pizza without the cheese. With a glass of wine and a couple of beers, our bill was about $25. We left full and happy! Well worth the walk!

• Visited February 2011