“Great food and decent rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Furstenhof

Hotel Furstenhof
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fussen
Hotel Furstenhof
You added Hotel Furstenhof to your Saves list
Kemptenerstrasse 23, 87629 Fussen, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #38 of 38 Hotels in Fussen
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and decent rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was in Kempten on business and didn't have any information on the hotel prior to my arrival. I found the dinner in the basement level to be excellent and worth a visit. The rooms were simple but clean, and the internet access worked fine. There were about 60 channels on the TV in German. Breakfast was basic but had all the essentials. I didn't spent much time in Kempten but would return to this hotel if I come visit again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here only because we got to the city late and all of the good hotels were full. The man working there who seemed to be the owner was not initially overly unpleasant until we decided to stay there. After we got to our room and found the internet to not be working properly he refused to re-start the router and said no other guests had issues. Then told me that the common area pictured on the website was not for guests (because he was eating dinner and watching tv there).

The breakfast was ok, but it appeared like he treated other (non-american) guests better than us.

In 2 months in europe we never received this rude of service at a hotel, I am just glad it was only for one night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

The person that greeted me was remarkably unfriendly. He did not cross over into rude, but I felt about as welcome at this place as a wet skunk. I'm American. I speak enough German to check in at a motel. I thought perhaps he may have had a bias against Americans but I observed him at breakfast and he did not discriminate for nationality. He was fairly unpleasant to everyone. The room was simple, a bit outdated but I did not care about this. I was very tired and just wanted to sleep and then be on my way the next day. If you are thinking about staying in Fussen for more than that, go somewhere else. The lack of warmth in the rooms matches the lack of warmth in staff. The bed was fine. Bathroom was fine. Free parking was good. Internet worked only in restaurant and was spotty there. As I looked for an outlet to plug in my laptop the unfriendly guy crossed into rude and came out and said "Can I help you?" in a tone that communicated extreme agitation. I wanted to walk out then, but decided to take a bunch of food for breakfast that I didn't eat to just to cut down on his profit margin.

Room Tip: Cheap hotel, unfriendly. I do not recommend.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
kefalonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

stayed at this hotel very recently, travelling through europe on motorcycle, got absolutely soaked due to heavy rain, knocked on door and was immediately welcomed by owner and a key for his garage to put motorbike in out of the rain, we didnt even ask for this!! later that evening we were given an unberella each so we could go out and take in the sights of this beautiful place, our room was clean ,comfortable, nice views and the heating dried out our gear nicely, breakfast was sufficient, all in all this hotel satisfied our needs!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

We spent a night at the end of our trip to Switzerland - on the way to munich. Free parking was great, close to the town "center" with plenty of restaurants near by. Breakfast was very nice, rooms were clean - but a bit outdated. All in all - good value for our 68 euros.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Lisburn , N Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

The door was answered by a very unfriendly male owner but my partner’s ability to converse with him in German seemed to smooth a few early difficulties. The building is very old fashioned but the rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was simple with plenty of eggs, bread, cold meats etc.We did feel that we were being watched throughout our breakfast and in fact dared not ask for any additional coffee and virtually cleaned our own table. Check out was at 10am and the cost was 80 Euros which we had to pay by cash. Plenty of car parking outside which helped keep costs down and we where only located about a five minute walk away form the centre of Fussen.Served our purpose for one night but would not have stayed any longer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Lancashire, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

On the last day of our tour through Germany that had seen us stay at some wonderful family-run Hotels and Guesthouses, this last Hotel was an example of how not to run a Hotel.

From the indifferent greeting (despite the Hotel being empty and no wonder) we should have gone straight out of the door. Instead, we retreated to the cold and damp-feeling hotel room. This appeared to be a miserly-run establishment.

The breakfast in the morning was equally miserable. Take care as you sample the five slices of cheese or ham - the hotelier (or his elderly mother) are watching your every move from the kitchen. They may be assuming you both might take more than one bread roll each - no need, there were only two on offer. Orange cordial was the only cold drink available apart from water.

Upon leaving, there was no greeting, no thank you, no goodbye. Just take the money and hand the change back silently.

These Hotels deserve to wither and go out of business, if only because the owner clearly does not value your business. Go elsewhere in this town, you could not possibly find anything worse.

• Liked — Location, ample Parking
  • Disliked — Terrible service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Furstenhof? Share your experiences!