“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 35 hotels in Fussen
Columbus, Ohio
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Nice hotel if exploring the castles in Fussen. The rooms weren't super large or the most modern, but the hotel is clean and very quiet. A short drive and decent walk to Fussen, but overall a good value. The breakfast was amazing! Huge selection of food to eat. Overall the hotel got the job done. We only stayed one night but nothing that would prevent me from staying at this hotel again. If looking for something that is very close to Fussen I'd probably go elsewhere, but if you have a car or don't mind a 10-15 minute walk to central Fussen this is a good hotel option.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
san diego,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Loved this place! Good value - big room -furnished nicely and clean, great breakfast and good beds. Our favorite hotel in a 18 day europe trip that covered 4 countries.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Parkhotel seems a little castle and our room was at the second floor, on the top and it was big and very very nice with nice furnishings.
People working in the hotel are very kindly and breakfast buffet is very good, and there is also the possibility to have breakfast in the garden in front of the hotel.
The area is very beautiful: very nice gardens, lake and woods, quite walks around and to go to Fussen city center (10 minutes).
About the spa I really don't know, cause it's not all day open and there is not a defined open time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

Sitting on the edge of a huge park with tennis, walking trails along the river, lakes, and beautiful Bavarian scenery, this place is still just a 5 minute walk to central downtown of Fussen. Biggest breakfast buffet we had in Germany, with nice lunch and dinner menus as well, though we didn't try those. Service was friendly and in English, "wellness" area comprised of spotless sauna, showers, hot tub etc. Room was nicely decorated with a new modern bath. The outside needs fresh paint, but inside was lovely.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

We stayed one night April 2008. We were told the rate was 77 euros when we checked into the hotel. The next morning we were charged twice that amount. We were told we didn't understand. We did understand. The other hotels in the area were about 77 euros. The room wasn't nice. The spa was 'not working'. The breakfast was the worst we had in Germany.
Stay anywhere but here.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dis-honesty
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

We were in Germany to go to Oktoberfest in Munich but then my wife and I got out of the city and drove into the German Alps. We visited King Ludwig's castle than found a room available at Parkhotel. We did not make advanced reservations and we were pleasantly suprised for the lost cost of the room the quality of the hotel. The room was large and clean and we had a balcony overlooking the park and a extra couch and sitting area. The bathroom was spacious for European bathrooms and had modern equipment with marble and tile. The hotel had sauna's and spa's on the ground floor that was clean and well maintained. The breakfast was excellent in a nice sunny room with a nice variety of eggs, meats, pastries, fruits, cereals and yogurts to chose from. We took a walk in the park after breakfast and it was a perfect way to start the day. The only negative was the dinner we had was not very good. If we had to do it over again we would have had dinner somewhere else.

• Liked — Size of the room and bathroom
  • Disliked — Dinner
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Placentia, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2006

My review is long over due. I have stayed at Parkhotel twice. The first time in 2002 when I traveled alone; and the second time traveling with a friend.

I love this place! Very clean, good service and quiet.

The B&B is at the end of a nature reserve that contains some small ponds/lakes and grazing land for cattle. I took a very nice, long walk on the road that leads from the hotel to a very pretty lake (1 hr walk to the lake).

Each time I have stayed, I have had a nice room. My more recent visit had me staying on the second floor in a large room with two single beds and a sofa. The room was very large. The room had a balcony. I was on the back side which borders other homes, but it was very nice. I awoke in the moring to birds singing.

Breakfast was great. I am not a big breakfast person but my friend is a little fussy and liked it.

The owners and employees are wonderful. Some can speak english and some are not as good but we managed.

The Hotel is just outside of Fussen. You drive on a road that has rock walls and enter Bad Faulenbach. There is one small road so it is very easy to find. There is a train stop in Fussen but I would recommend a car ride (unless you like to walk with luggage).

Castle Neuschwanstein and Hoehnswahnau are nearly and about a 10 minute drive. Very easy to get to. The hotel offers discount passes to the castles.

Like most places in this area, they have a small thermal health spa but I have not used it. Closed on Sunday and Mondays.

I love the Fussen area and though I have read reviews of other hotels, I will always stay at ParkHotel. I am very happy with this location and it offers everything I could need.

• Liked — Nice quiet location at edge of nature reserve
  • Disliked — Nothing. Everything was great
  • Tips/Secrets — Car recommended for this region, but you can arrive by train. Check on spa times.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Parkhotel Bad Faulenbach? Share your experiences!