“I loved this hotel, will be back.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Fantasia
Ottostrasse 1, 87629 Fussen, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Fussen
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“I loved this hotel, will be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I loved this hotel, its not expensive I payed like less then 40 euros per night. I arrive in Fussen by train at 0:30, so I had to go pic my key. The reception on this hotel close at 21:00 pm, so if you arrive after 21:00 send a email to the hotel to let them know that you will arrive late. They will tell you that the key is at Sonne hotel, but the key is there until 0:00 so how I arrive at 0:30 my key was at Luitpoldpark-Hotel. When I arrive at Sonne Hotel was a sigh saying where my key was. Those 2 hotels Sonne and Luitpoldpark-Hotel its very close to the train station like 5 minutes, and I say 5 minutes because I was dragging 2 suitcases on the snow! From the train station to this hotel is a close 5 minutes walk, you can take a shortcurt by the park on the right side of the train station. This hotel its close to everthing, by the way Fussen its a small town you can walk to anywhere from the Lechfall to Neuschwanstein. If you like to walk, otherwise you can take the bus, they give you this Fussen Card, is for you to take bus, and recive discounts on the entrance to the attrations. The bus stop is on the train station. The staff are friendly, they give you tips on where to eat, they help you on everthing you need. On this hotel they have washing and dry machines and are free of charge, they give you the soap. So you can wash all your clothes then you don`t have to drag dirty clothes all your trip. They have a snack machine, with cola, water, cookies, candy, toothpaste. The breakfast are great have everything from jams to breads, eggs, bacon, cereals, cheese, fruits, juice, etc. The room are big enought for 3 people, the bed is good accually can sleep 3 people on this bed, 2 on the big bed and 1 on top. The only thing I did not like is the pillow its too soft, so I had to put all the pillows together to have my head hight. They have a safe box, but its not inside the room, its near the reception. Sleep Quality I sleep like an angel, but I have a deep sleep it could have an war outside my room and I woulnd`t know. It is very quiet you don`t hear the people next door. There is only 1 problem, this lovely hotel don`t have elevator (lift) so if you don`t wanna clinb a bunch of steps ou your luggage is too heavy just ask one room on the ground floor. When I retorn to Fussen deffinly would be back on this hotel.

Room Tip: I stay on room 16, its a front room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here for two nights Fall 2012. Not only was it was the most reasonably priced hotel I stayed at during my solo trip, but one of the most memorable. This hotel was very easy to find from the train station and the staff was warm and welcoming. The staff helped me with my laundry and even delivered my clean clothes to my room. I enjoyed the comfortable and cute room. Would have loved to stay longer! Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Gottingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night with our almost two year old son. We had a fantastic clean room that had a double bed, a twin bunk bed above the double, another twin in the room, and they provided us with a pack n play. A lot of beds for two adults and a toddler but I can imagine it would be really nice for a larger family or a group of friends. The staff was nice and informative and the breakfast was really nice. We liked it so much we are planning on returning in May with the in-laws. The hotel is less than a 5 min drive to Neuschwanstein and is in walking distance of some good restaurants- try Zum Hechten, serves bavarian food at a good price with large portions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We received a warm welcome at the Hotel Fantasia and were lucky enough to get the last room. It was a large room with glassed in balcony - quite romantic. Just a few minutes walk into the centre of town and with ample parking, this hotel was very convenient. The breakfast was the best we had in our 2 weeks touring Germany. Plenty of choicees of delicious food and served in a very stylish, though somewhat quirky dining room downstairs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The staff at this hotel consistently went that extra mile when we stayed there with friends in January2013. Nothing was too much trouble, even insisting on doing our washing when we asked if we could use the machine. We went out for dinner, and our clothes were washed, and put in our room upon our return. Breakfast was quite substantial, and the chef went to considerable lengths to keep replenishing the stock. Great coffee - even if it was from the machine! Will be staying here again for our next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here 1 night in Jan. The hotel is 1 street over from the main shopping/dining area in Fussen and convenient to the train station. There is a grocery store about 5 minute walk from the hotel.
The room was very big (I think we were upgraded to a larger room that had space to sleep 4 people). Everything was clean and comfortable. This being winter, the heater worked well and the room was neither too hot nor cold. The flatscreen TV had no English language channels. The wireless worked great (we were at the end of the hall in #17). The room seemed to open up to a balcony, but I think they had it locked off with it being winter. But the view of the town and mountains was nice.
The receptionist was very friendly. The reception desk seems to close at 8 or 9PM but your room key will work to enter the hotel. There were numerous on site parking spaces for 4Euro (all outside). For the price, this was a great room and was just as good as rooms costing 10-20 Euros more.

Room Tip: Ask for room 17 if you want a good view, balcony and away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Love this place, value for money. The rooms were cute and comfy. Location was great as it was a short walk from the station and a short walk to the bus stop to get to neuschwanstein castle. The castle was amazing! So worth the visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Fantasia? Share your experiences!