“My only complaint: my stay was too short!” 5 of 5 stars

Goldenes Lamm
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Lange Gasse 26, 91550 Dinkelsbuhl, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Dinkelsbuhl B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee
“My only complaint: my stay was too short!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I stayed at the Goldenes Lamm in Dinkelsbuhl during my travels across Bavaria and Baden to see the Christkindlmarkt. After experiencing the stress and strain of trying to park my car in Regensburg and Bamberg, it was pure delight to pull up to the Goldenes Lamm and have an easy place to park. Once my car was easily and safely parked, the Goldenes Lamm provided me a very clean, comfortable, spacious, well appointed room at a very fair price. The hotel is family-owned, and their attention to detail and service showed and was very much appreciated. Although I almost always dine away from my hotel during my travels, I was tired from a long day on the road and settled for dinner at the Goldenes Lamm. I was not disappointed. Both the service and quality of the food were excellent. Unfortunately, I did not get to enjoy breakfast because I had to leave earlier than expected to battle the snow back to Munich for an early afternoon flight. Although I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Rothenburg ob der Tauber during a previous visit to Germany, I found Dinkelsbuhl even more charming and authentic. My sincere appreciation and compliments to the owners of the Goldenes Lamm. I look forward to a longer stay next time.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sacramento,Cca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

If you are tall...don't stay on the top floor. My head still hurts

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Edmonds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

This B&B is family run and you can feel it! Everyone was welcoming and helpful. We speak very little German, but they all spoke very good English and worked very hard to communicate with us. Breakfast was HUGE! Enough food for an army, anything you could ever want, served buffet style. They also serve dinner here, and one night one of the girls came and asked us if we would like to see the night watchman and took us out the front door to see the old-fashioned watchman, dressed in costume, singing. She didn't have to come get us, but how wonderful that she did- we never would have known about it! We enjoyed our stay very much and we have all agreed that we would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Goldenes Lamm? Share your experiences!