“Huge suite of rooms!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Jakober Hof

You added Hotel Jakober Hof to your Saves list
Hotel Jakober Hof
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jakoberstrasse 41, 86152 Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany (Jakobervorstadt-Nord)   |
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Augsburg
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Huge suite of rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We made reservations over the phone, but when we arrived, the clerk said our original room would not have been comfortable for 4 people. They upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge!
We had 2 large bedrooms, one with a couch/coffee table area, bathroom and kitchen. We also had access to a huge balcony.
Downfall: no elevator and it was up 3 flights! But we had so much room and this room would have fit a much bigger family. It could have slept 7 people.
Staff was nice and let us keep our daughter's wheelchair/stroller in their office so we didn't have to cart it up those stairs.
Breakfast was the typical, wonderful German style with fresh rolls, cheeses, meats. Excellent!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Stayed here in May 2010. We needed a room for 3, so we stayed at the Jakober Hof. The front desk staff were friendly, but the room left much to be desired. The lighted headboard was dilapidated and looked as if it would fall apart. The beds were on cheap metal frames and rickety. We fought over who got the only decent duvet. I think our room was last updated in the 1970s. The TV did not work and the wardrobe was rickety. The shared toilet on our floor was frequently in need of toilet paper, and the shared shower room was nothing special. Our room was certainly a smoking room once upon a time, as the smell hung in the air. I wish we would've spent a bit more and stayed elsewhere. We are used to no frills so as to save money, but we couldn't wait to leave this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

I booked a single room, as it was a high season, it was about 55 euros. It is quite OK for the location and price. Just across Fuggerei. Personally, I don't think it is central, very far from the train station, you can walk from Europe bus depot, though. I would say that it is on the edge of central area.
There seems 2 buildings of this hotel, one is main building in where you check in/out, another one is annex (maybe). My room was in new one. It looks a bit dormitory, everything is very simple not fancy at all. However, you can tell that it was just renovated. Bathroom is shining ( no bathtub) If you just need a room for sleeping, I will recommend this place.
I needed to make several domestic phone calls. There is a telephone in the room, but it doesn't work. ( even extention !!!)Staff explained something but they can't speak English. What I guessed was, you have to buy telephone card-like elsewhere ( the hotel doesn't even prepare it for guests) first, then blah blah blah,,,,,,,, honestly that was very annoying, after all I had to run around in the city in the evening, looking for public phones.
After I called my friends from public phone, they called me back ( to hotel) many times leaving messages for me, but the telephone in room doesn't work, meaning I have to keep stopping by the reception to check or they have to put memo under the door of my room. When I stopped by the reception one time, the staff didn't give me anything and after all I didn't get any notes from hotel, but in fact, my friends left many messages. I didn't get any memos even when I checked out. What a horrible service ! When I finally met friends later, they told me what happened. ( they were so angry, you can imagine)
If you don't have to use telephone in the hotel, I recommend you this hotel. Good deal for tight budget and very neat.

• Liked — hot chocolate for breakfast
  • Disliked — reception service/no elevator
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Jakoberhof twice and will stay there if I'm ever back in Augsburg. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and up-to-date. It's in a great locations and within walking distance of all the sites of Augsburg. I've stayed in a lot of small gasthofs and pensions in Germany and I rank this one as one of the best. The staff is perhaps the best part for me. I will never forget all the pleasant conversations I had there with them.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — walking up stairs.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Regensburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2006

I stayed here from Feb 25th to Feb 26th and really loved this place with its familiar and informal atmosphere. The hotel is centrally located: Just a few meters from the fuggerei and a 5 minutes walk to the city center and the town hall.
Our room was in an adequate size and had new beds with the cushiest mattress I ever laid on. The bathroom was fully renovated.
The breakfast was basic but sufficient and with fresh products.

As we had only paid 54 Euros (by [----]) for our room (breakfast included for us both), this hotel is a great value. I would higly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Hotel Jakober Hof? Share your experiences!