“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg

You added Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg to your Saves list
Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Imhofstrasse 12, 86159 Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany (Formerly Dorint Novotel Augsburg)   |
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Augsburg
Ludwigshafen, Germany
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed on the 10th floor, so I had excellent views over the canopy of autumn coloured leaves to the direction of the city center. The breakfast was ok, not the best buffet, but enough variety. The only really disturbing thing was that the wifi is not included in the hotel price. It costs 9,95 € per 24h, which is not to be believed in these times.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor to get the best out of the views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear "Cattleya100"

thank you for your review.

We hope to welcome you again one time.

Your Team from Dorint Hotel Augsburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
weston super mare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a standard chain 4* hotel and has the facilities you would expect. The one surprise about this hotel is the large round tower it is situated in. Each room has a lovely balcony and on a nice day it's a lovely place to sit! The downsides are that it's a 15 min walk from the centre but we didn't find this an issue and a taxi was only about 7 euros. The only other negative was the overly expensive parking charges at the hotel. We did eat in the restaurant in the evening and the food was excellent. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Woney1979"

thank you very much for your nice review.

We are happy, that you enjoeyd the stay in our hotel.

istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was a very beautiful and well designed hotel.
The lady at the reception was extremely helpful. I had a very bad toothache and we arrived late at the hotel. I asked for help and she searched and searched and at the end found a very good dentist for me. I am grateful

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review.

We hope, your teeth are better now and the pain is gone.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was taking care of a large group and this was our base as they attended a conference in Munich. From memory it was 40+ rooms we had, and overall it was a great experience for all. I have to start with my negative so I can finish on a positive... 6 months after my group stayed the hotel contacted me about a bill for laundry, about 60euro from memory, fair enough, they should have paid, but the hotel should have realised their error at the time (or shortly after) and certainly with the number of people we had staying they could have let it go so long after the fact. That's it, that's my negative. Augsburg is a great town and the hotel is close to the train station, and a reasonable but easy walk into town. The town was having big overhaul's so I'd like to go back in a year and see it again as I think it would be a really lovely, larger German town. The rooms at the hotel were comfortable, reasonably sized and with large balconies for views over town. It's not the prettiest from the outside, but don't let that put you off! The staff were all sensational, and the food was really good. If you are trying to get into Munich I would recommend train over driving as the traffic was pretty terrible. As I said i'd love to go back to Augsburg and would definitely consider staying at the Dorint again...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your nice and fair review.

We are happy that overall you enjoyed the stay here and also would come back.

And we are very sorry about the handling regarding the invoice. This should not happen.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Dorint hotel is a round grey high-rise without a striking look from outside. But inside is much better than expected. Our room was clean, modern and spacious. It came with a balcony with a nice view to enjoy the greenery surrounding the hotel which is a big plus. The reception lady was very friendly and helpful and spoke fluent English. The hotel was a nice change for me and my wife after staying in other 4-star hotels in Wursberg and Rothenburg switching from the old world to the new. I definitely will stay in this hotel again in my next trip to Augsburg.

Stanley & Pandora from Singapore

Room Tip: Higher floors will have better views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your nice review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed the stay on our hotel.
And we hope to welcome you again one time.

Manchester, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The first thing that strikes you from the outside of the Dorint is the ugly concrete entrance and this is off-putting. However, don't turn away, go inside and you are met with a huge foyer and bar area. The staff are all obviously well-trained and are very pleasant and helpful. They all speak excellent English as well.
The rooms are oddly shaped due to the building design but are clean and comfortable. The shower in the room I was in was huge but disappointing in terms of power. Then again, I like a shower with the power of a water cannon! Flat screen TV but apart from news and business programmes nothing in English, so I'm guessing it wasn't satellite. They did have PPV movies though. Still, wasn't in the room long enough to watch it.
We didn't have dinner in the hotel but the breakfast was excellent with a chef on hand to cook omellettes (?) and eggs to order.
My only complaint was I did not stay long enough to enjoy the hotel and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your detailled review.

We are happy, that overall you enjoyed the stay in our hotel,
and we hope, to welcome you again sometime.

Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights at Dorint with my daughter and my friend. We chose Augsburg as a base for trips to Munich,Neuschwanstein and Legoland, and Dorint, because it seemed like the best hotel in Augsburg.
The hotel was pretty much as expected. Good size of room, very clean, nice balcony, quiet area, good staff, nothing to complain about. Extra plus for bathrobes and slippers, and for San Soussi bath products.

The only remarks is that the extras were a little expensive. 18 Euro a day for parking, same for breakfast, but I understand that these charges are not unusual for hotels in Germany. Nor is the extra you have to pay for Wi-Fi.

The breakfast was good, but really wasn't worth 18 Euro. During my two weeks of travelling in Germany, I ate similar breakfasts for both the same price, and half the price. I guess it depends on how much you eat.

But my overall experience was very good, so I would choose this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review.

We are happy, that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel.

Your team from Dorint Hotel Augsburg

Been to Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg? Share your experiences!