We stayed one night in December 2010 at the NH Nurnberg City Hotel to visit the Christmas market. We choose this hotel because of its location, near the historic city center and because my husband wanted to pay for the nights stay with his NH points. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the train station and 12 minutes to the old city walls. It was a good location to visit the Christmas market, German museum, cathedral, restaurants and historic sites; however the immediate area around the hotel is uninspiring looks at the train tracks and looks a bit drab. Check in was fast and efficient. Parking was very convenient; attached to the hotel, covered and luggage carts are provided; it costs 14EU/per day. Our room was typical for business hotels, moderate size, modern and very clean. Water pressure fluctuated as did the hot/cold water from warm to near scalding temperatures in the shower. There was a mini bar, but no coffee making service. The TV was not flat screen. The room had wired internet service at 15EU/24 hours and was very fast; cables are obtained from reception.
The gym has 6 cardiovascular machines, no free weights and is very small. There is a nice spa with a sauna, showers and stone beds all very well maintained. Breakfast was not included in the room rate and was 20EU/pp, rather expensive for someone who doesn’t eat a lot and it’s not possible to order a al carte so after inquiring they offered me a “small breakfast” from the buffet at half price, which we thought was very fair. If you can’t find something to eat, nothing will please you! It was a very extensive spread of food and beverages. Over all a good stay until we checked out. My husband attempted to use his NH points to pay but “the computer wouldn’t accept them: just 43 points”. Rather than solve the problem, off line, taking care of the costumer, they insisted on a credit card to pay for the stay and they were unable to explain why we couldn’t pay the total bill with points. As a long time NH costumer my husband felt this was very poor service and left us with bad feelings upon departure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NH Nuernberg City Center is located in the very city center of Nuremberg, just a two-minute walk from the central station (an important hub for ICE and long-distance trains) and a five-minute walk from the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, NHHotels, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your NH Nuernberg City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Nurnberg City Hotel Nuremberg
- Nh Nurnberg City Nuremberg