I stayed 6 nights in this hotel, arriving to Nuernberg by train: from this point of view, the position was very convenient since it is very close to the central station. Be acknowlegded: even if close to the center (Nuernberg's wall and Koenigstrasse stand in front of the railway station), it is far from being sited in a romantic place. It is new and nice, but has a "cold" appearence and stands along a rather ugly street, in front of another "cold" pretty new hotel: the area seems to be a building yard that will be plenty of new hotels in the near future. However, Nuernberg seems to be a safe city, so I would not say it is unsafe to go back to the hotel even at late night. The street is very busy, but my rooms (the first floor, looking at the street) was well soundproofed, so I was not disturbed at all. The room as well as the bathroom were very nice and rather large, and I had everything I needed, including a safe. Only, for a quite odd (and nowadays stupid, I would say) policy of NH hotels that utilize the swisscom internet provider, you get a very slow connection unless you pay for a premium upgrade (9 euro per day, if I remember well). The basic connection is enough for checking emails, but the bitrate is not enough for a decent navigation, and even scrolling down the latest news was a real pain. If not for the internet connection, my stay would have been perfect: excellent breakfast, good quality of sleep and of service, helpful staff at the reception, fitness area available,cleanliness and so on. Getting a beer served by a waiter in the nice lobby is not more expensive than getting it at the bench in a Bierhaus. At 100 euros per night is a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NH Nuernberg City Center is located in the very city center of Nuremberg, just a two-minute walk from the central station (an important hub for ICE and long-distance trains) and a five-minute walk from the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your NH Nuernberg City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Nurnberg City Hotel Nuremberg
- Nh Nurnberg City Nuremberg