“Modern hotel adjacent to the train station” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Nurnberg City

Save Saved
You added NH Nurnberg City to your Saves list
NH Nurnberg City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bahnhofstrasse 17 - 19, 90402 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Buffet Breakfast
Ranked #35 of 128 hotels in Nuremberg
Madrid, Spain
“Modern hotel adjacent to the train station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the NH in Nurnberg for one night to visit the Christmas market. The checkin was easy enough (the room wasn't ready, but they easily took our bags) and the room was furnished with modern accents. The beds were quite comfortable and the bathroom was new. Also of note, the fitness center had great cardio machines and there was a lovely and large sauna area, I had not anticipated...thus, I wasn't able to enjoy it. I encourage future visitors to anticipate this and enjoy it as it was quite cold when we were there!

My only complaints are the distance from the town center especially for walking in the cold as well as the location next to a large bus terminal and hostel. Often there would be hoards of people on the sidewalk and we would have to walk in the street, therefore I feel comfortable saying the location of the hotel wasn't as convenient as I would have liked!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the NH for 2 nights for a quick weekend trip to the city for the Christmas markets. We chose the hotel mainly for the location as it was just a short walk from the train station. It turned out that the location was absolutely perfect. To get to the hotel from the airport, you simply hop on the U2 for 20 minutes to the train station. From there it's just a 5-10 minute walk to the hotel. The cost of a one way ticket for 2 people was only about 5 euros, so it was cheap, extremely easy, convenient and quick! The old town was also very easy to get to and walkable. Not only is it easy, but the the walk to the old town is very charming with the city walls, turrets, cobble stone streets, and bars and restaurants line the streets. If you want to visit the Nazi Party Rallying Grounds, it is also very easy to get to from the hotel. Just hop on Tram 9 from the stop right in front of the train station to Dokum Zentrum. It's probably about 30 minutes from the hotel, including the walk to the stop.

As far as quality of the hotel, if you like modern materials and fixtures this is the hotel for you! The rooms are very clean, modern, but the beds are a bit on the harder side. The pillows are quite flat so you may end up with a sore back and neck in the morning. Our room was on the street side and you can hear the trams coming and going in the early morning. If you're a light sleeper, it may prohibit you from sleeping in. Although our room was also next to the elevators, the walls are very soundproofed as we couldn't hear anything from the hallway.

The buffet breakfast costs 20 euros/person, which we thought was extremely high. Therefore, we opted to eat at a cafe in the train station one day and the other at a stand in the market, spending less than 20 euros for 2 people each day.

The service of the reception was friendly and efficient. We had 4 hours to kill before our flight home. The hotel gladly held onto our luggage for us until it was time for us to leave.

Overall, this was a nice, clean, modern hotel in an excellent location. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
İstanbul, Türkiye
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have been there for the Brau Exhibition which makes the rates greater than the ordinary season. Still, the hotel doesn't meet the service expectations if you compare with their room rates (1.000 Euros for 3 nights only). There is no wireless internet on the floors, and you have to ask to reception for old fashion internet cables, so you are not able to have an internet connection from your room if you are an Apple user. I called to ask a cable, reception told that they were so busy and it was my first time that I have been invited to the reception to get the cable by myself. I changed my pajamas and went to the reception!!! Also it is not understandable why I should call the reception for max. 5 cents slippers. However, the food served was very good. The hotel is just walk away from city center. Beds are quite comfortable. So, if you can’t find another option, NH still can be an alternative place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was our sixth Hotel on our three week rail trip around Germany.
Was a very welcome two day stop - great sized rooms, with modern facilities.
As soon as we walked into the Reception area we knew we were going to enjoy it -friendly, helpful staff. The breakfast was great, and enjoyed having free internet access in the room - although I have to admit I didn't know where to to put the LAN cable. Am so used to wireless!
Wireless is available free on the ground floor.
Great location - a couple of blocks walk to the Main Train Station (HBF) and Old Town. At the entrance to Old Town is a great Information Office.
A big variety of restaurants and bars close by - walked everywhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My first stay at this hotel. I am not fluent in German, but the staff were all very nice and helped me out with everything I needed during my stay. The hotel is centrally located a short walk to the Old City and a quick car ride to the airport. I thought that the wireless set up was a little outdated (you have to request a cable and code from the front desk. A reservation charge is added to your bill). But there is free wifi in the lobby and restaurant. The room was very nice with a large bathroom, closet space and beds.
Overall, I thought this was a great stay for a business traveler. If I was vacationing in Nurnberg, I would probably try to stay closer into the Old City with a more historic feel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GREECE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Clean,5 minutes walking from the central station and 10-15 minutes from the center of the town. The size of the room is large enough but the bathroom is rather small.The staff reception is helpful.I did not try breakfast.If you find a bargain price - I got one- stay at it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

my first trip to Nuremberg was great thanks to the hotel we chose. the breakfast is excellent. the staff is very helpful. the housekeeping staff is also very warm. they have a gym on the first floor, with cardio equipment. its walking distance from most sightseeing points. the information office is very close. good bars and restaurants are ll walking distance. We walked to most restaurants without taking a cab. Shopping is great as well.

Room Tip: rooms are all quiet but one not facing the road are quieter at night