“Hate the staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of ArtHotel City

ArtHotel City
You added ArtHotel City to your Saves list
ArtHotel City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bauerngasse 32, 90443 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany (Gostenhof)   |
Ranked #95 of 130 Hotels in Nuremberg
dublin, ireland
“Hate the staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

very unpleasant staff.
not for family with children.
far from the center
not good position

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Piqua Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

I have stayed in literally hundreds of small, budget European hotels and the Arthotel is one of the best values ever. It is super clean, tastefully decorated, and priced for budget travelers. The rooms are newly renovated. It is within walking distance of the old city and provides free parking for guests with cars. The owner speaks excellent English and could not be more helpful. Our room overlooked a pretty courtyard and there was no traffic noise. The one negative is the uncarpeted hallways which created a lot of loud noise when a neighbor with high-heeled boots repeatedly walked past our door.

Make sure you book THIS Arthotel -- Nuremberg has two hotels with the same name.

• Liked — Pretty, comfortable rooms -- a budget European hotel that is decorated!
  • Disliked — The loud hallway
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2007

We were participating at the BRAU fair 2007 as exhibitor, staying at the ArtHotel city. The hotel is laying very central, just a short walk to the old town. The staff was extremely helpful and the rooms quite large for a 3*** hotel. Parking was free of charge (but maybe only during fairs due to the pretty high room rates).
Breakfast was a normal buffet.
The only thing: the hotel has no own restaurant, we would have liked beeing able to take dinner in the hotel. Anyways the staff recommended us good places around.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Liked — staff, location
  • Disliked — no own restaurant in the hotel
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Madrid
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

That’s how they work in this hotel. They attend it like a supermarket and leave you alone there. When you reserve here you must to know they have “supermarket hours”. We have a problem with the incredible noise of a water pump, and waited for the one in charge to come from his own home where he was sleeping, to switch it off and let us sleep. Without any apologize!!!
In our bedroom seems to be the kitchen, really food smelly.
Consider another where you don’t feel like stupid when you pay.

Reservation number: 350882
two nights on 20th Septeber 2007

• Liked — Situation
  • Disliked — Noisy, smelly, no attention
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I booked it last minute and my main concern was central location. I found the hotel to be an oasis of quality in an otherwise shady neighborhood. But more on that in a moment.

The hotel gave some pretty poor directions on Hostelworld.com. It simply says, "Metro (Subway) Stop 'Plärrer' just a 300m away from the hotel." What they don't mention is that you have to exit the subway, cross the street to Gastonhofer Hauptstrasse, follow that street until it ends, then take a left onto Bauerngasse, and follow that until you come upon the ArtHotel City. It took me at least half an hour to find, and I can speak German. I would've hated to be a non-German speaker trying to find it.

The area is also a bit sketchy. It's not somewhere I would feel safe walking in at dark, but during the day it's fine. Convenient access to the metro, and the metro is just two stops from the Hauptbahnhof (main train station), making getting to anywhere in the city very easily. Buses at Plaerrer also run to the Doku-Zentrum, so you can visit the Nazi Party Rally Grounds very easily.

Now, the hotel itself. As I said, very modern art. Lots of whites, some abstract art, very rich mahogany furnishings. I was a huge fan.

The receptionist I spoke to did not speak English, unfortunately, but I think another receptionist I spoke to when I was checking out did - either way, I'd come prepared with a few phrases in German.

Internet seemed decently cheap but was only available via WiFi, so you need a laptop. Breakfast is not included, and I didn't sample it, so I don't know how it was.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay. I'd probably stay someplace a little more central next time, but I have no complaints.

• Liked — Luxurious decoration
  • Disliked — Location - Somewhat sketchy neighborhood
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

We stopped here for one night during a driving tour of Austria and Germany. We were surprised to find free parking available, which is unusual for such a centrally located hotel.

The rooms are good, very clean and have all you need. There is a telephone in the room and WiFi for a reasonable fee, but we found the cyber cafe 100m away (turn right out of the hotel entrance) to be a much better deal. We didn't take breakfast as it was quite expensive, but it looked good when we checked out.

It's quite well located just outside the city, it is a 15minute walk to the centre. We would glady stay here again if we were in the area.

• Liked — Free Parking
  • Disliked — Expensive Breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Check out the Italian Ice Cream place near the foot bridge in the centre, it's magic.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to ArtHotel City? Share your experiences!