“Nice location to City Center and pubic transport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of art & business Hotel

You added art & business Hotel to your Saves list
art & business Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gleissbuehlstrasse 15, 90402 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #6 of 130 Hotels in Nuremberg
Berlin, Germany
“Nice location to City Center and pubic transport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here just before Christmas and chose this hotel for it's rating and location. It was a nice clean comfortable room. We wanted to be close to the city center and the Weihnachtsmarkt. Parking was very close in a large parking garage. The hotel staff provided a hand written welcome card in our room which was a very nice touch. We only stayed one night due to our continuing travel plans. I would recommend this hotel with out any doubts. Breakfast was provided in a very nice dining area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Scheuerecker, Geschäftsführer at art & business Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Wayne I, thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy that you and your wife had a great stay in our house and we are looking forward to welcome you again. Best wishes, your art & business hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at the start of the December. Perfect location for the old town and close to the main station. Efficient check-in and check-out. Friendly staff and a good balance of information available. Rooms were modern but perfect and comfortable for a short stay. Plenty storage and good to have free water every day of our stay - doesn't happen that often in places. Breakfast was wonderful with a full selection of hot and cold options with little touches of difference - the homemade apple bread was scrumptious!

Great value for the time of year and would recommend highly for business travel and tourists.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Scheuerecker, Geschäftsführer at art & business Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Flightsoc ..., thank you very much for your great command. We are very happy, that you had a great stay in our house and we are looking forward to welcom you again. Kind reagards from Germany - your art & business hotel team
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was my first stop on a trip by myself and the hotel ensured it started off great. First off the staff is great. Everyone at the desk was very friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was everything everyone says it is. One of the best I've had in any hotel. Huge selection and really tasty. The lady who runs the kitchen is wonderful and very kind. Took time to talk to me every morning which made me feel very welcome. They serve very good tea. The location of the hotel is great as well. Literally less than 5 minute walk to the old city and the train station. Even though it was near both of these it was quiet at night. I had a single room and it was the perfect size. The price I got for last minute during the holiday season was great as well. I would 100% recommended this hotel and hope to stay here again some day.

Room Tip: I was in the front and still slept well.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Scheuerecker, Geschäftsführer at art & business Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Jaz8610, thank you very much for your great review. It's wunderfull that you had a great stay in our house and we are looking forward to welcome you agian. Kind regard - art & business hotel
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

This was my first visit to Nuremberg, as part of a larger Germany road trip, and I wish I could have taken this hotel with me to my other stops. Should I ever find myself back in Nuremberg, I would not hesitate to rebook this hotel.

First, this is not a luxury hotel, so I wouldn't go expecting a gym, room service or other similar amenities. What it is is clean, comfortable, a great value, and with a staff that is friendly and responsive. The breakfast, as others have stated, is fantastic with a pretty impressive array of food (real food!) available.

The hotel itself is a very short distance away from the main train station, with a small street sign to lead you in the right direction (I appreciated that as I was a little disoriented leaving the station). I honestly didn't expect it to be that close, but I was more than happy to have a short walk in the December chill.

My room faced the street, and yet I had no issue with noise or traffic whatsoever. Certainly, you can still hear "some" traffic noise, but it's pretty muffled. Unless you're right next to the windows, you shouldn't have an issue. I had a single room,and, as I only had one medium-sized suitcase and carry-on bag, I felt it was spacious enough for my needs.

My main purpose for my visit to Nuremberg was to see the Christmas markets, and the hotel is a short walk -- maybe 10 minutes or so -- from the old town where the majority of the markets are set up. Even so, when I decided to go visit other parts of town or the Documentation Center farther away, it was an even shorter walk back to the main train station to grab a street car.

The only issue that I can see being a concern for some travelers is the size of the in-room safe -- it's a little small. It may fit an iPad or iPad mini, but definitely not a laptop. For reference, I have a 13" Macbook Pro that is pretty thin, and there was no way it would fit. Now, I wasn't really bothered by this -- I felt safe enough and sometimes carried my laptop with me. I mention it only as it might be a concern for some travelers.

All in all, I had a very pleasant stay and I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Scheuerecker, Geschäftsführer at art & business Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Tavvie, thank you very much for your great review and your commend. We are very happy about this. Also many thanks for the note with the size of the safes. We will make our thoughts, if we do not find a better solution for this. Kind regard from Germany - Stephanie Scheuerecker
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

After 31 years , I was again in Nurnberg , now I find this hotel from Booking.com. Me and my wife stayed two nights and enjoyed the hotel. Everything was excellent... Location very close to everywhere ........

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Scheuerecker, Geschäftsführer at art & business Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guray2013, thank you very much for great review and we hope your are not waiting so long to visit Nuremberg again. Your art & business hotel team
österreich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

best breakfast ever..............................
very friendly employees.......................
room size and style very good.............
location very close to everywhere........
close by public transportation..............
close to downtown...............................

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scheuerecker, Geschäftsführer at art & business Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Iris0815, thank you for your rating to tripadvisor.de. It is really very nice to read that you were completely satisfied. We hope to see you soon at our hotel again. Best regards from Nürnberg - art & business hotel
Cambridge, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. It is not a glamorous chain hotel but a modern, clean, simple and efficient residence. We opted for a room overlooking a small courtyard, the room having a bath. My only comment on the rooms is that I would have preferred brighter lighting in the bathroom.
The breakfast, which is included in the room rate, was first class with many individual pots of sweet and savoury items made by the very pleasant ladies that work in the breakfast area.
Very near to the station and a short walk to the old town, a hotel to be recommended..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Antarctic, thank you very much for rating to tripadvisor.de. Your praise for our loving breakfast makes us very happy and we hope to see you soon at our hotel again. Best regards from Nürnberg - art & business hotel

Been to art & business Hotel? Share your experiences!