“A pleasant, well-run hotel in the heart of the Old Town” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Agneshof
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Agnesgasse 10, 90403 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #18 of 130 Hotels in Nuremberg
Minneapolis
“A pleasant, well-run hotel in the heart of the Old Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Agneshof Nurnberg is a tailored, medium sized hotel in an excellent location. The decor is very pleasant. The hotel has many business and has a professional coolness about. there are a number of very good restaurants nearby. Good food served in the attractive breakfast room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Hotel Agneshof, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Hello SandstoneSprings, thank you so much for your review of our hotel! It makes us really proud and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon at the Agneshof. Kind regards, your team of the Agneshof Nuremberg · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at Hotel Agneshof in December 2011. Like many others who visited at that time of the year, we were there specifically for the world-renown Christkindlesmarkt and some of the museums. Location (close proximity to most places) and value-for-money are topmost on our list, and in this respect, Hotel Agneshof fitted our requirements. It is located along a quiet street very close by the castle, and the Christmas Market was about a 5-10 minute walk away. The room and bathroom were very clean and well-maintained. And the high-speed wifi access was such a bonus!

I read of some minor complaints on the lack of air-conditioning in the room. Honestly, I wouldn't have noticed because we were there in winter, and definitely didn't need it. In fact I didn't even noticed if there was any heater in the room (although I'm sure there was) because my husband and I prefer to sleep with the windows open. Which brings me to the point of the window, my only little grouse with the hotel. We were on the 3rd level, with out window facing a small garden. The window didn't come with any grilles, and it did look like someone could climb up into our room (from the garden) if he wanted to. I felt rather insecured the whole night but between insecurity and a stuffy room, I prefer the former.

The staff were very helpful, and they spoke functional English enough to help us with all our requests, including getting a ride for us to the train station upon check-out. The breakfast spread was also rather extensive. All in all, we enjoyed our stay thoroughly at Hotel Agneshof.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello Inez T, thanks so much for the review of your stay at the Agneshof last year! We are so pleased you have good memories and enjoyed your stay with us. But you did not have any security concerns. In the garden you may only enter from the bar or meeting rooms. And it is not possible to climb up the facades. We hope it's any consolation for you. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you during your next visit to Nuremberg.
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel fronts on a very quiet street on the way up to the Castle. Our room faced this and we had no problems opening the large windows. The outside looks very in keeping with the Old Town while the inside is a surprisingly modern, comfortable hotel. Its true there is no Air Con, but few hotels in the Aldstadt seem to have it and you would pay a considerable premium for it. Rooms a fine size for a european city centre hotel. The large, good quality Breakfast buffets are the full German works - meat, fish, cheese, breads, fruit, - right up to the Sekt for those so inclined! Position is ideal, for tourists; less than 5 mins from the Hauptmarkt. Try Case Pane for a great light lunch as an alternative to all those sausages, and the Hausbrauerei Altstadthof, just up the hill, for excellent local beer and atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Hotel Agneshof, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Hello Hugh C, thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay and your recommendation. We are so pleased to see that we delivered the service you were expecting and that our location worked for you and your visit. We are looking forward to welcoming you back. Your team of the Agneshof Nuremberg · Partner of SORAT Hotels
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Small rooms but clean, well located and helpful staff, a little short on toiletries as not replaced when used but the oddest feature was the window between the bathroom and bedroom, directly in line with the loo. There appeared no purpose for this unless their aim is to attract a rather kinky sort of client.

Room Tip: Unless you are turned on by watching someone on the loo ask for a room without the connecting window...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We enjoyed a single night stay in this excellent hotel, located right in the centre of old town. Despite its central location, our room on the first floor was wonderfully quiet and we were even able to open both the large windows out and let fresh air in, but all we could hear was the lovely sound of birds chirping. It was just magic! The room itself, despite being small, was very well appointed including a complimentary bottle of sparkling water, and bath melts for the bath. There was welcome chocolates on the pillows and the staff on reception were gladly able to provide a bath robe for our stay. I didn't get time to make use of the spa facility or breakfast but I am sure they are both great. The rooms were very clean, and there were two pillows provided per person which meant we enjoyed a very good quality of sleep. The only aspects which may detract was that parking was charged at 15euro per day which is quite expensive, but given the location and the excellent value of the hotel overall we did not mind. All in all we had a great stay, would definitely recommend to all to stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Hotel Agneshof, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Hello AnnikadeBruijne, thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay and your recommendation. We are so pleased to see that we delivered the service you were expecting and that our location worked for you and your visit. We are looking forward to welcoming you back. Your team of the Agneshof Nuremberg · Partner of SORAT Hotels
Laramie, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The Hotel Agneshof was a perfect stay for me while in Nürnberg. First, the location was wonderful as it is located in the heart of the Old Town and made it easy to walk to the train station and all of the different sites to see. (The Dürer Haus is basically a block away from the hotel, as is the Toy Museum.) There were also several restaurants in the area so if you don't feel like walking far, you don't have to.

Second, the staff was incredibly friendly. I don't speak much German but that didn't phase them as they happily conversed with me in English. They also provided an umbrella for me on an incredibly rainy day and fixed my toilet after it didn't flush one morning. I was happily surprised when I came back later that day to see that it flushed!

Third, the cleanliness of the hotel was wonderful. I was always happy to arrive back to my room to see a spotless bathroom and clean bed. Also, the maid on my floor was extremely nice as we'd say hello every morning and she would always press the elevator button if she saw me coming. Wonderful interactions!

I didn't have a chance to try the breakfast as I was running around in the morning but it always smelled delicious. The WiFi is free and easily accessible in your room (unless a storm knocks it out; but it was back up the next day). I saw a few people come back up from the sauna and jacuzzi and I'll have to try that the next time I'm there.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Nürnberg. I know I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: There isn't A/C in the rooms but I found that my room was cool enough, especially when it rained...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Manager Online Communication at Hotel Agneshof, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Hello Meredith B,
thanks you for your most recent review of your stay. Glad to see that our location and our service worked for your visit.

Thank you for your most recent stay using your Diamond Honors points. We appreciate that you will choose our hotel back on your next visit to Nuremberg. We look forward to welcoming you.

Kind regards,
your team of the Agneshof Nuremberg· Partner of SORAT Hotels
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a few nights during our sight-seeing holiday in Bavaria. The room we were provided with felt small at first but it turned out to be big enough. It felt very cosy and comfortable. There was no air-con but thankfully the weather wasn't that hot in June. Bathroom was also small but everything you would need was there in good condition and very clean. There was a safe in the room but no tea&coffee making facilities. Also no minibar or water was provided. The staff was very helpful and friendly and provided us with enough information about the town as well as free wi-fi access codes. The breakfast room look very homely but we never ate at the hotel. It is located very close to the main square and cathedral, everything is within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Traveller1704, thanks for your rating of our Agneshof hotel in Nuremberg. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are happy that you appreciate our guest service. If you ever need more space: We offer comfort rooms with 25 - 28 sqm or our Kaiserzimmer room with 33 sqm. May be - book next time our comfort category. We look forward to welcoming you to the city on your next visit. Kind regards, your team of the Agneshof · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Been to Hotel Agneshof? Share your experiences!