“Park, sleep & fly package” 5 of 5 stars

Noris Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bucherstrasse 125, 90419 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #72 of 130 Hotels in Nuremberg
Arad, Romania
“Park, sleep & fly package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Me and my husband have slept at Nestor Hotel for one night. We have booked our room, and payed it when we got there. The package we have booked was 1 night accommodation, breakfast, 15 days parking and transfer to the airport and back to the hotel. We got all the things they had promised. We got a rooms with two floors: on the first floor, the living room, with TV, a desk, an armchair and a bathroom, and up the stairs was the bedroom with another TV, and a door that leaded out the balcony. In the morning, the traditional German breakfast: cheese, salami, butter, bread, gem, cereals, milk, coffee, orange juice, eggs, and further more.
We left our car there, in their parking, under the hotel, parking covered and locked. We also left there our car keys, just in case. They told us that they are putting them in the hotel safe. They payed our cab to the airport.
On return, we took the cab from the airport to the hotel, got the receipt and they gave us the money back on the spot.
The girls from the reception are very nice, they speak English perfectly, so even if you don't know German, you'll be OK.
Bye bye now!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

PLUS - It's pretty close to downtown and the rooms are nice and clean.
MINUS - It's close to a hospital and you have sirens up and down the street on a regular basis. :-( Furthermore 2 tramtracks are located directly in front of the hotel, also very LOUD. I was in room 325 (located toward the front/street) and it was way to loud to get a good nights sleep. I will not book this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Fernandina Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

We stayed in this hotel in order to enjoy more time in Nuremberg and the Christmas market after a Viking River cruise. I selected the hotel as it said it said it was walking distance to the market, etc., and was ranked 4 stars. This is not a 4-star hotel. There is no help with heavy luggage which should not be an issue except to reach a room on an upper floor (even if you take an elevator) you will have to go up and down stairs. The Christmas market is a 9 euro taxi ride from the hotel. The location is very isolated and far from everything, including other restaurants. The food in the hotel is very good but expensive. We paid 55 euro for a nice dinner - no wine, just hot tea and water. Service in the restaurant was good - a little slow but that is to be expected in Europe. There was no washcloth in the bathroom - silly little detail but important to some. Instead of replacing the glasses in the room we found the maid rinsing them with hot water in the sink. There are so many nice hotels in Nuremberg to choose from at decent prices, it is not necessary to stay somewhere like this. We definitely would not have stayed a second night except the hotel was paid for in advance through hotels.com. Lesson learned! The internet is 12,50 euro for each 24 hours. Ridiculous..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

The hotel's location is not so central but very convenient for the direction towards the airport. The hotel's building is along the road, so vast parking possibilities - and it is not noisy in the rooms, so a good combination!

The rooms are not exactly like in very modern hotels - they give an impression of being a bit old-fashioned. But generally, very very neat and well maintained, with lots of space (sometimes on two floors).

The receptionists are friendly, and there are no queues.

It is also typically inexpensive w.r.t. the service and quality you get.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
shrewsbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

it is a bit of a walk from nuremberg. but there is a tram very close to hotel. avoid the rooms overlooking the main road its one of the main roads into nuremberg and therefore i suspect to be noisy.
the room was modern and clean and to a very high standard. the only negative of this hotel was the breakfast was not included in the price and i felt for 64 euros a night it should have been. i had the misfortune of being in nuremberg during a convention called powtech and all the hotels in nuremburg put up there prices due to the demand for rooms at that time. but all in all you cant really fault the hotel i just think they are mean for not including breakfast in the price.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

- Only a short tram-ride into town (& located close to a tramstop).
- Onsite bar/restaurant (if needed).
- Room was clean and comfortable.
- Staff are helpful & speak English.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

Fairly speaking, the location is just right if you need a night to stopover close to airport, if you won't have much to deal with the reception, you don't drive a car, and don't want to spend twice the price in Airport hotel. But after my stay I regretted I did not spend twice the price somewhere else.

- The hotel marketed as in a villa and the photo could mislead you that it is like a much spacier hotel with open car park, so does the 4 star rating. As a matter of fact it is another packed city hotel by the street with no open parking at all and a very small underground garage.

- The garage has an alternating double layer park, you have to drive in with specific direction, your car need to be limited to a specific dimension (better meter it upfront), and the dimension limit is according to whether the first or 2nd layer is connect to the drive way.

- It was my fault I did not meter my rental Mercedes A (which is not a mini bus nor SUV), it was my fault though I indeed drove in as indicated but I did not notice the layer was altered since I drove out , the antenna was smashed. Without blame, I gave the advice to the reception to make the sign more recognizable, response from two reception personnel:

1: "Sorry we can not make the garage larger"
2: "If I were you, I would read the manual of car"

It was just irritating as a service personnel to say first of all it is not our fault, secondly your advice is useless, we can do nothing and you are stupid.

- I tried to purchase the voucher of internet access with reception, the conversation went on as "How does it work?" "You can buy 1 day voucher and you can login and log off" "good, so you mean 24 hours total and I can login and log off" "Yes" "I'll take one" "here it is" "Wait, it says until tomorrow the same time?" "Yes, until tomorrow the same time you can log in and log off"

Great, I know I can log in and log off, and I can also switch on and off my computer...

- The elevator is in between two floors of hotel room, so if you are with large suitcase, wheel chair, be prepared to a little physical inconvienence

- While the outside temperature was 6 degree, the hotel room, when you enter, is freezingly cold with windows open. It eventually does not raise to the comfortable temperate when I woke up the next morning, with heating to the max during entire night.

I have been traveling year round and this is one of the only few 4 star hotels, if not the only one, that made my feel I am not valued at all.

It might well be individual experience and incidents out of the distribution. Up to you to judge but I won't take the risk next time knowing there are many hotels that just behave consistently and bare very clearly in mind who is paying the bill.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Noris Hotel? Share your experiences!