“It was okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Derag Livinghotel Maximilian

Save Saved
You added Derag Livinghotel Maximilian to your Saves list
Derag Livinghotel Maximilian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Obere Kanalstrasse 11, 90429 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #46 of 128 Hotels in Nuremberg
Budapest, Hungary
“It was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The rooms are clean and comfortable.
There is a mini-kitchen with a fridge that has some beverages in it free of charge.
I did not like the mattress that much, but I was the only one from our group.
The breakfast is nice, continental, but not too many fresh vegetables, that was the only thing I was really missing.
If you arrive by car and you want to park in the parking lot I would recommend first to have a look at the garage to check which spots would be suitable for because if you drive a bigger car (as I did) you might have a hard time. Some parking spots are in some sort of racks that are not too wide and made of steel that can easily harm you car's paint.
WiFi in the lobby is okay but in the rooms it's just useless. This is something that happened in aaaaaall the German hotels I have ever been to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DeragLivinghotel, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Maximilian, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
An 'o.k.' is not enough. We can do better! We regret that the mattress did not correspond to your wishes. did you inform us? we have the possibility to change the mattress. the missing fresh fruit on the buffet? that is really not acceptable. we all need vitamines! if something does not meet your notions, just inform us directly. then we can optimize our service and provide you a better stay. beside one little problem...the internet. very often it is up to the traffic in the house. to surf in the world wide web is always possible. to skype or watch movies that is stretching our network. unfortunately! but as you already mentionned, you made already the same experienced more frequently staying in a hotel and also do undertand the general problem. many thanks for that. we hope you might come back one day and then we try to take into account all your wishes.
is that 'o.k.'?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Como, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I spent two nights in this hotel in Nuremberg for the weekend, with my wife and our son.
We got a superior suite and a single room for 216 Euro (only 36 Euro person/day!), for a flawless four star experience.
Rooms are big, with a living room and a kitchen, with two flat screen Tv, one in the living room and the other n front of the bed, and you get also two bottle of waters and two of beers included in the price.
The position is quite good: just outside the inner city walls, so that in few minutes you can reach by walk the main monuments of the city.
Breakfast was not included, and I think price is too high (16 Euro person/day), almost half of the overnight accomodation. But there is plenty of café near the hotel, so you can have breakfast outside without hassle.
If you don't find a free parking slot in the nearby streets, the hotel has an internal garage for 10 Euro/day.
All in all a cost-effective accomodation for a nice weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
thank you for your rating and the comments. we really apreciate reading that you enjoyed staying with us and visiting nuremberg. we would love welcoming you again at the derag livinghotel maximilian!
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice location, just 20 mins walk from the main train station. Or just about 5-10 minutes walk away from the Plarrer with metro, trams and buses to different places. If you have time and you like a bit of walking, it takes you only about 20-30 minutes to the old town. You can take bus number 36 at Plarrer to the Documentary Centre. It's just so convenient. I had a single room with a single bed, I found it comfy. It's a bit warm at night as I closed all the windows. If not, it might be too noisy as my room was facing the main road. The hotel and my room were very clean, with modern facilities: wifi connection, hair-dyer, kettle, fridge and TV with various channels (well, I did not watch any). The shower was great. The cleaning service was excellent. Be aware that they started cleaning quite early (at around nine in the morning) so remember to hang out 'Please do not disturb' if you wanna get up a bit later than that. The reception service was also excellent. The girls at the counter were all very nice and helpful. They gave me tips to travel Nuremberg. The hotel does provide toothpaste and toothbrush or even slippers etc, but you need to go to the reception and ask.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Found this hotel fairly easy with our car. Great apartment like room, with a small kitchenette. It was in a great location, walking distance to the old town. Also had washing facilities and paid parking. The wifi was hit and miss though. The buffet breakfast was excellent. There were 2 supermarkets across the road with bakery. There was also a choice of restaurants. We dined in the hotel restaurant which was lovely.The only downside was that the rooms got quite warm, even in late October, so we had to have the windows open. This then led to noise from the road! But nonetheless a good choice for all the amenities we wanted.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

There was nothing hugely wrong with this hotel, but it was a little weird.

My bedroom had only a single bed, which was a bit of a surprise. OK, I was staying by myself so it was no big deal, but I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel and didn't get a double bed.

It also had very odd looking and dated decor. There was a little (and yes, I really really do mean "little") kitchenette with a couple of rather ancient looking electric rings. There was also a kettle. In theory, I could have attempted to make myself a hot drink by putting the kettle on the electric rings, but they looked so old and cranky I didn't really fancy it. Why can't they just supply an electric kettle like other hotels do?

Once nice feature was that there was a fridge with a couple of bottles of beer and a couple of bottles of mineral water, all of which were complimentary.

The bathroom also had a rather dated feel to it, but it was clean, and the shower pressure was awesome, so no serious complaints there.

Breakfast was adequate. Not brilliant, but adequate.

Service in the bar was delightful.

On the whole, I really can't make up my mind whether to recommend this place or not. I think I'll just let you make up your own mind after you've read my specific observations.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify a room with a double bed, if you want a double bed
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is among my favorite returning hotel in Nuremberg! Depending on your budget, room can be moderately sized to quite large (up to 2 floors suite). Location is excellent, near the old town and subway is within a stone throw. Not too many restaurant very close but old town has lots. Breafakst served in a glass house is always satisfactory. Nice sauna in the basement. Staff is more than friendly and gives excellent service and... wifi is now FREE!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

the room was small. no air condition. very small bathroom. formal kitchen but without any equipment and cooking s not allowed (you can only make tea or coffee). the street is very noisy. the only positive thing that it is not so far from the city center (10-15 miniutes walk)

Room Tip: try no to choose room with windows to the oberkanalstrasse
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Derag Livinghotel Maximilian? Share your experiences!