“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Klughardt Hotel

You added Klughardt Hotel to your Saves list
Klughardt Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tauroggenstrasse 40-44, 90491 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #5 of 131 Hotels in Nuremberg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coram, New York
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. The hotel sits on a quiet street, surrounded by residential homes. The room was spacious and bright. It had a nice bathroom with a roomy shower. The owners and staff were always on sight. Helpful in any way. Free bicycle renting was a plus. Breakfast was always good. It offered everything from fresh rolls, fresh German bread, an array of fresh fruits, different kind of cheese, anything you can think of.
We will visit the hotel again for sure at our next visit to Nuernberg.
Thanks again for the nice accomodation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

We were guests at the Klughardt Hotel from 14th to 18th August 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The hotel was spotlessly clean. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and did their utmost to ensure that we enjoyed our stay there. The buffet breakfast was delicious and was enjoyed by all the family. Only a few minutes walk away from the tram to the centre, ensuring easy access to the sights of Nuremburg. There were also several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We even took advantage of the hotel's bikes to go for a family cycle ride around a nearby lake.

We would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

It's always a pleasure to write about hotels that leave an exceptional impression in one's mind. Many compliments have been written about this exceptional hotel which has been in the hands of the Klughardt family since the mid 1960's.
That personal touch means so much when we are away from home. One never gets a second chance to make a first impression! I know that sounds like a quote from 'Voltaire'? However that first impression is so important. From the moment I arrived and met 'Yvonne' at the Reception I felt as if I was visiting an old friend. This is where the hotel scores very high with the personal touch. Elisabeth Klughardt and her staff are the perfect hosts. I spent some time having conversations with them.
I regret, I only had an opportunity to stay for three nights in room #202 situated at the rear of the property overlooking the parking lot. My room was truly immaculate, I note this word has been used by many other reviewers and it's so true. My room had a double bed with a walk in shower, no bath. I prefer a shower so that was no problem. Tea / coffee making facility in the room. Flat screen tv. No aircon, however a fan was provided for the warm weather. I always take my light weight fan with me in my suitcase just in case the hotel has no aircon.
This hotel only serves breakfast. The quality and presentation is first class with a lot of care and attention both to the food and personal service.
There is a computer at the front desk for use by guests. This being very useful for printing boarding passes etc.,
It's obvious that Elisabeth Klughardt, Petra and Yvonne have a genuine interest in their guests. Nothing is too much trouble. Their english is impeccable, I speak a little german, however this was not required. The hotel is situated in a quite neighbourhood close to the tram line, with only a short 5 minute walk to the tram stop, thereafter a quick 10 minute tram ride to the Hauptbahnof and gates to the old city.
I intend to return, hopefully before the end of this year. If you want exceptional Bavarian hospitality then look no further.
I really feel that this hotel deserves the number one place for Nuremberg hotels.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Stayed two night with two young children, large, very clean room, easy access to city centre 10 minute by tram, very helpful staff, real personal touch.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

We had 3 rooms at this hotel and really enjoyed our stay.
-Rooms were very clean
-We had a big room with a king bed, pull out couch, kitchen and bath which was great since we had 2 children with us.
-The other two rooms were very nice, too
-Bathrooms were new
-Hotel had a very nice honor bar by the lobby where you could get a snack or drink after a long day of touring...also free coffee/espresso machine
-The staff was super helpful...offering to go out of there way for us several times
-Parking behind the hotel was great and we took a very easy tram ride into the old town area
-Breakfast was great
-Free wireless internet
-No air conditioning and they did not have celing fans so be aware of this if you are traveling in the summer. It was 80 degrees (28 c) while we were there and a little warm for us at night.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

The staff were friendly and helpful at Hotel Klughardt during our stay. My German is not so good, and any help is appreciated. Most staff would assist in English whenever possible.

The location is in a quiet neighborhood with parking in the rear. This was quite a perk if you have a car.

Rooms were clean and quiet. There were no problems there. The bathroom in our room was always clean.

The breakfast included in your stay is nicer than others we had seen, buffet style, and will set you right for your day's adventures.

It is a short walk down the street to the train where a 15 minute ride takes you to the HBf.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

You really feel at home at Klughardt hotel in Nurnebrg. I have been there 5-6 times and all the rooms are very comfortable and clean. You can adjus temperature in yur room, they always change your linen and clean very deeply the room. Position is good if you have a car because of their free parking honestly I have always been there with car so I really don't knwo if is near to public transport, I saw anyway a tram stop just a 3 min walking from the hotel. Staff is always kind and available.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Klughardt Hotel? Share your experiences!