“A true bargain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Nuernberg City am Plaerrer

You added Ibis Nuernberg City am Plaerrer to your Saves list
Ibis Nuernberg City am Plaerrer
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Steinbuehler Str. 2 | 90443, 90443 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #37 of 131 Hotels in Nuremberg
Trieste
“A true bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Take note of this hotel if you are looking for a bargain accommodation in Nuremberg. Just in front of the city walls, it is a short walk away the city historic center. My room was somehow larger than the Ibis standard. It was on the second floor and faced the maid road, but contrary to what I read in other reviews, I could hardly hear any noise from it. The reception staff was corteous and efficient, the room was clean. Breakfast was varied and of good quality. I did not try the restaurant - there are too many good "keller" just a few minutes away! For 49 euros per night, it is unbeatable. And you can park you car for 8 euros per day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Prague
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

It is the first time i met so awful staff. I have Accor gold card and always use accothotels to stay. Everywhere i met no problems with the staff but here in Nurnberg it was a great surprise. I have credit card issued in Russia and the currency of the card is euro. When i paid for my stay the woman at reception suggested me to pay in rubbles (there was a choice between rubles and euro by paying machine). I told her that my card is in euro and i want to choose euro. She strongly refused to choose euro and told me that she was told by manager in such cases to choose rubbles. It took me 10 minutes to solve the problem and at the end she said that she will have problems because of me!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

The staff were all very helpful and made us feel very welcome. I was travelling with my wife and young son and the staff were excellent.

The breakfasts were very good and the location and underground parking facilities were excellent

I shall recommend the hotel to friends and family and I hope to return to Nuremberg in the future. Many thanks.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Nice 'no nonsense' hotel downtown Neuremberg. Due to my late arrival, the parking cellar was full, but a reasonable alternative was just one block away for only 1 euro/hour.
Since a brand new Porsche and a Bentley were parked there I had no doubt it was also a reasonably safe place to leave ones car. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were like expected from IBIS, intelligent interior design and a competitive pricing. Thought the city noise was more than I had anticipated. But then I am not familiar to cities because I am a country lad, living in hte middle of nowhere surrounded by quitness. Maybe next time I will ask for a room at the back. Overall I am quite satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I am rarely disappointed by hotels since I do so much research before booking. This Ibis was a rare disappointment. The major issue was noise--I had a room facing the road, and the road was noisy all night--the streetcar rumbled by outside all night, cars drove by, and there was a constant flow of loud people walking by, talking and yelling. I am not a light sleeper--I can typically tolerate a lot of noise--but this was just crazy. So I had the window closed, but the room was boiling hot. I had the heat totally off but it was still hot. The bed was very bad--the pillows were too hard and thick and I had a sore neck from sleeping. They advertise free wireless internet, but it is only free in the lobby or in rooms close to the lobby--if you want it in your room, you have to pay. The room was also not very clean. I was there for four nights and it was a long four nights.

The only way to make this hotel tolerable would be to book a room in the backside (not on the streetside) and on a low floor close to the reception, so you can get the free internet signal.

Breakfast not included. Not a great location. No reason to stay there.

Room Tip: Backside (NOT facing the street) and on a low floor near reception, so you can get the free internet
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Co. Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We were looking for a relatively inexpensive hotel convenient to Nuremberg's Old Town, and this branch of the Ibis fit the bill. (The Ibis that's actually inside the Old Town was full on our dates.) This Ibis is a short (5-minute) cab ride from the main train station: it could have been reached using the U-bahn as well, but on a rainy day, with luggage, and on our first visit to Nuernberg, we decided that the cab made more sense.

Our room (on the Steinbuhler Strasse side) was perfectly acceptable: not huge, but perfectly clean, quiet, and with a decent sized bathroom with good well-pressured shower. Additionally, the room we were given was close enough to the public area of the hotel so that we could use the hotel's WiFi / WLAN without going downstairs to the bar / work area. (Normally you pay extra to use WiFi in the rooms.)

And here's another feature that's worth a mention. Just outside the downstairs lobby bar is a long, high double-sided desk affair with bar stools (three on each side) and lots of power points / outlets, so that you can plug in your computer to work. (Naturally the staff have no problem with you working inside the bar. Additionally, the bar is open 24 hours, which is useful if you need a little snack of something late: all-night food involves a very limited simple menu -- sandwiches, goulash soup, etc -- that's quite good enough for emergencies.)

And now for the exciting part. Due to a change of luggage that meant my husband was not carrying his laptop in the bag he normally uses, neither of us realized on departure that it had inadvertently been left behind on a chair after unplugging from its charger. The staff, however, found the laptop immediately on starting to service the room, locked it away in secure storage, and started trying to contact my husband. (Unfortunately the calls were going to our home number rather than to his mobile, so now we've learned a new lesson for the future: make sure to provide a mobile access number as well as the one associated with your credit card when booking.)

When my husband realized that he was missing his laptop, he called the hotel and was carefully instructed by the staff on what he had to do to recover the computer (make sure you have ID with you when you arrive, be able to confirm the number of the room you were staying in, bring your room receipt with you, etc). They were quite concerned to make sure that the computer was reunited with the person who really owned it. This kind of careful, courteous and (above all) honest behavior would bring us back to the hotel again even if we hadn't already decided we would be coming back because of the simple but well thought out amenities for business travelers. I shudder to think what the outcome of this situation might have been in some other countries or cities I could name.

Anyway, the Ibis Centrum is absolutely recommended -- and not least for the low price and how much you get for it in an almost-city-center hotel.

Room Tip: Nothing to suggest.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Ibis Nuernberg City am Plaerrer? Share your experiences!