within easy walk of main railway/underground station, and even closer to one end of the old city main shopping streets, hence giving good access to the Christmas Christkindle markets, rebuilt ancient churches, castle and museums. Infamous rally grounds and documentation centre via train.
Freshly refurbished. Nothing looked old or worn. No problems at reception. Lot of smoking directly outside of the doors. Didn't have breakfast, went to Der Beck bakery/cafe on main street instead.
Clean all white room, compact, reasonable bed comfort, good size. No comfy chair. Window desk with 2 sockets. Ugly view over dull modern roof and adjacent modern building. Very small but effective shower/toilet layout. Good tv with Sky+BBC news.
A little bit too much noise ingress from corridor, not a major problem really.
Would be very happy to go back to this hotel for a repeat visit to Nurnburg, perhaps go further afield using the excellent railways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New comfort, new design: The ibis Nurnberg Hauptbahnhof will be closed for renovation from March 23 to June 15, 2013. We can accommodate guests at the ibis Nurnberg City am Plarrer during this period. Until March 22, 2013, the 152 comfortable rooms at theibis Nurnberg Hauptbahnhof are available for guests, offering a place to work in peace. The hotel is ideally located just 328 yards (300 m) or a 4-minute walk to Nuremberg main train station as well as the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Ibis Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Nuernberg City Hotel Nuremberg
- Ibis Hotel Nuremberg
- Ibis Hotel Nuernberg City