Overall the hotel is all you expect from an Ibis: basic, has all you need for your business trip.
The hotel is either newly built or newly renovated, either way it is new. The rooms are nice, clean and tidy. Same goes for the bathroom.
Didn't like on thing though, everything in the room was in German i.e the do not disturb sign. I had to actually translate the text online to figure out which side to hang the sign on the door. Pretty strange for Ibis where everything is usually in local language plus French and English.
The tv had a huge number of international stations, so that's a new thing for me at ibis.
Has a slight problem with the reception staff, for some reason, most of then don't seem to be much excited about helping guests. Didn't like their attitude.
Breakfast is very nice and fulfilling, has a large selection of things to choose from. Do not compare to ibis hotels in france where breakfast is very limited.
WIFI in the rooms is free. But the free WIFI is limited... ie it blocks VOP etc... To get unrestricted internet you will have to pay.
Location is excellent; a minute walk from the city center and the train station.
For the smokers: the hotel is an all nonsmoking hotel!
Overall the hotel is great for business trips. I was attending a congress at the Messe, and had a rental. The hotel does offer underground parking. Driving to the Messe takes about 10-15 minutes. Not sure about the cab cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New comfort, new design: The ibis Nurnberg Hauptbahnhof will be closed for renovation from March 23 to June 15, 2013. We can accommodate guests at the ibis Nurnberg City am Plarrer during this period. Until March 22, 2013, the 152 comfortable rooms at theibis Nurnberg Hauptbahnhof are available for guests, offering a place to work in peace. The hotel is ideally located just 328 yards (300 m) or a 4-minute walk to Nuremberg main train station as well as the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Nuernberg City Hotel Nuremberg
- Ibis Hotel Nuremberg
- Ibis Hotel Nuernberg City