“While passing thru Nuremberg....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Victoria

You added Hotel Victoria to your Saves list
Hotel Victoria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koenigstrasse 80, 90402 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany (Altstadt - St. Lorenz)   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #3 of 130 Hotels in Nuremberg
Franklin, TN, USA
“While passing thru Nuremberg....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was touring through Germany on my way to a conference in Italy. I picked Nuremberg as one of my overnite stops, mostly because I wanted to see the courtroom where the War Crimes Trial was held and the Nazi Parade Grounds.

I couldn't have picked a better place to overnight. When I got off the train, I asked the info desk at the station the directions to the Hotel Victoria. The girl said to go out the door and across the street. There it was. Too convenient.

The hotel is very nice. The room was a fair size for a single, as European hotel rooms go. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. And I had one of those large square pillows. Since I was there one night, it was OK.

There is free wifi in the lobby that has great speed, as free wifis go.

Jenny and Bianca at the desk were very helpful. They helped me get to my local sites easily. They were extra nice.

The breakfast was traditional European. Lots of food. Very good.

The only downside: the room had one of those tiny showers. You know, the one where you can't bend over to wash your feet. But that's European showers for ya.

Overall, an excellent pick for my stop.

Room Tip: My room was in the front of the hotel. There happened to be a football game that night. I think so...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Vic1896, Manager's Assistant at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear GeepaUSA ,
It is very nice to get such a kind feedback. Thank you for the time you have taken for all the details. If you want to visit us in the future we offer different pillows mabe you want to choose another one. Also we have different room categories. For example all our Relax Rooms have a bath in the bathroom and the Comfort Rooms offer more space. So we want to offer for each guest with his own wishes a service which is as individual as possible. We look forward to welcome you again in the case you want to come back to Nuremberg.
Best regards, Anja Tiefel - Managers's Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I can recommend this hotel to any visitor to the city, may it be for work or vacation. Nice location, nice rooms , friendly staff, nice breakfast. Only downside maybe if you travel by car regarding the parking space. It's ca 200m away from hotel and costs extra 11€ per day. Room rates are very different depending on the travel dates and if there is a fair goin on.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Mangkut1970,

Thank you for visiting us and for the time you spent to write this postive feedback.
It is nice to hear that you like the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. It is true it is not easy to offer a car park in the middle of the Center of Nuremberg. However we are happy that we have the possibility to offer a carpark in a walking distance from about 100 meters.
We do our best to offer an idividual service and take care about everyone who stays with us.
Once you return to Nuremberg we look forward to welcome you back!
Kind regards,
Anja Tiefel - Managers's Assistant
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Victoria on 9/5/12 and really felt the hotel was 1st class. Here are our Pro's and Con's:

--- PRO's ---

1.) Location - Nuremberg really is a beautiful city. We did a 8 day tour of Germany, and stayed in Nuremberg for a night. We regretted staying only one night because we felt Nuremberg was one of the highlights of our trip (in addition to Heidelberg which we absolutely loved). Hotel Victoria is located just inside the 'old city' walls and is in walking distance to just about everything - several cathedrals, tons of shopping, the castle, etc. We really felt it was the perfect 'home base' for exploring Nuremberg.

2.) Staff - The staff were so incredibly nice. My girlfriend was a bit under the weather during our stay and they put together tea for us and coordinated with the restaurant next door for some soup as well. They were very attentive, kind and accomodating.

3.) The Hotel/Rooms - The hotel is in the middle of being refurbished and they have really done a tremendous job. We were on a floor that was in the middle of being renovated, and admitedly we weren't too keen on that considering they were remodeling the room right next to us. However, the rooms were sound proofed so well that once you closed the door you really couldn't hear a thing they were doing. I was rather impressed with that. And even with the renovations, I didn't feel it detracted from Hotel at all. They've done a very nice job in redesigning the interior of the hotel.

4.) Breakfast - The breakfast was excellent. Both hot and cold food - eggs, sausage, bacon, pastries, croissants, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereal, you name it. The lounge where breakfast was held was obviously newly redesigned and had fresh flowers on every table. They really seemed to take pride in the hotel which was something I truly appreciated.

5.) Parking - the parking garage was very close to the hotel and made me feel comfortable in how safe and secure it appeared to be.

--- CON's ---

1.) Water Pressure - if I recall correctly, I believe the water pressure was just ok. That's about the only knock I can give to this hotel.

2.) The only other comment I would have is more of a suggestion to the hotel itself. What makes a hotel stand out positively in a customers mind in most cases are the personal touches. If I had any suggestion for the hotel other than the water pressure it would be to provide something of substance in each hotel room for the guests. Yes, there is usually a chocolate or small candy of some sort, but every hotel does that. What about a small bottle of wine 'compliments' of Hotel Victoria?

Personally speaking, I know I can buy a bottle of descent wine for $7 or 8 US dollars. If its a SMALLER bottle, I can probably get it for $3. Why not include this with each room and build it into the price of the reservation? You add a personal touch that most other hotels don't add, and it only adds $2 or 3 cost to the hotel room itself. Your prices are fair to begin with, so just a thought to set you apart from the rest. I know there is a bottle available to purchase, but every hotel offers the purchase option. I like to walk away from a hotel always thinking 'wow, they really went above and beyond'. That, at least to me, is the kind of thing that makes people promote you to others above and beyond your competition.

Ok, hopping off my soap box now. Loved your hotel. Loved Nuremberg and wish we stayed longer. If/when I ever go back to visit Nuremberg, the Hotel Victoria would be at the top of my list and I would be more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vic1896, Manager's Assistant at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear mjakes28,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor and for the time you have investigated.
It makes us happy to hear such kind words from one of our highly valued guests.
All the details you wrote are very helpfull and we will discuss your idea about the bottle of wine
with our team. We look forward to welcome you again once you return back to Nuremberg.
With best regards from our Victoria Team, Anja Tiefel - Manager's Assistant
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The location of this hotel was excellent. Right next to the railway station.

We received free breakfast with our room. The staff were really friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located within metres of restaurants, shops and Franconian architecture.

Only downside was no airconditioning in the room (but a fan is provided) and no coffee making facilities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vic1896, manager´s assistant at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Halcks

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about your stay in Hotel Victoria. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you that you recognized our efforts to give your stay the special Victoria touch. Coffee and tea our guest find in the lobby.

We would be glad to welcoming you again once a day in Nuermberg.

Manuela Schmidt
manager´s assistant
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights with a friend. From the first sight we loved the place very much. Everything is perfect - position in the city, comfortable room, fantastic breakfast and excellent service. As other travellors I was pleased to see smiling stuff at the reception and in the breakfast room. Besides that the hotel is tastefully decorated. I liked warm colors which prevail everywhere, flowers at the receprion and in the corridors. Instead of common reproduction there was an oil picture in our room, representing streets of Nuerenberg. All these details create a personal touch which made our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Vic1896, manager's assistant at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Cigalle,

We thank you very much for your comment on tripadvisor! We are very happy that you liked your stay at the Victoria and noticed all our special Victoria touches.
We would be very glad to welcoming you again if your way once goes again through Nuremberg!

Best regards,

Katharina Mirsberger
manager's assistant
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in a suite and were able to check in early, which was great after a long haul flight and two hour train trip to Nuremberg. The suite was a great size for a family of four. The children loved the gummi bears on the pillow. The room had a large bath-open plan, separate shower and toilet.

Breakfast was delicious-eggs, bacon, cold meats, cheese, yoghurt, fruit, salads and cakes.

It was quite warm in the room and very light, so a little hard to sleep and adjust to new time zone.

If you are going to playmobil fun park, a taxi ride is easy and costs under €25.

I would recommend this hotel for location and service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vic1896, manager's assistant at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Mikstiroony,

thank you very much for your comment and the time you took for it.
We are happy that you liked your stay at the Victoria and that also your children enjoyed it.

Our breakfast is one of our main concerns and it is great to hear that it was to your full satisfaction!

We would be very glad to welcoming you again once you return to Nurmberg!

All the best! Your Hotel Victoria Team
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I came out of the railway station looking for someone to ask how I get to the Hotel Victoria, and there it was right in front of me. So extremely well placed for the traveller, and also right in the middle of the city with lots of shops, churches and other interesting old buildings. T he hotel reception is small and nicely furnished but the brightest thing is the smile on the receptionist's face. Everyone seems so happy and helpful. The room I had overlooked the old village area - it was not too large, very quiet and very comfortable. I also liked the compact shower room, very clean and well designed. In fact this description applies to the whole hotel - it is a pleasure to stay there, and it is well above the official Superior 3 Star ranking. Well done to the management and staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear aintynice,

thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor!
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Victoria and that our team made to a special place for you. We are always trying to make the best out of our rooms and are glad that you realized the special characteristics of it!

We would be very glad to welcoming you another time here in Nuremberg!

With our best regards,

Your Hotel Victoria Team

Been to Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!