“10 minute walk to Hauptmarkt/ Christkindlesmarkt” 4 of 5 stars

Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bahnhofstrasse 1-3, 90402 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #31 of 131 Hotels in Nuremberg
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“10 minute walk to Hauptmarkt/ Christkindlesmarkt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

- Centrally located
- Very friendly staff: taught us how to make spatzle, called our cab, gave directions to hotspots
- Located directly in front of train station
- Only 19 euro taxi ride from airport and 13 euro on the way back
- Rooms were very clean with good heating and great water pressure

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear LostinHI
Thank you for your review and the nice description about the hotel. Just for your informationthere is also a tube running from the airport to the main train station just opposite the hotel. The ride takes 10 minutes and cost only 3.00 Euros.
My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back.
Jürgen Sziegoleit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Tempe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had to stay at The Grand for a business trip, but added a few days to enjoy the Christmas Festival. I've been to Germany several times to Munich and Berlin and love coming here; Nuremberg was no different. I can't list all the reasons that Germany is superb, just come and enjoy it.

However, The Grand should not be high on your list. They unreasonably up-charge for everything: internet, breakfast. The rooms are not modern; the walls and doors thin, letting in outside and inner noise (bring ear plugs). The staff is generally nice, but in accordance to the cost of the hotel.

I was disappointed. I'm a preferred guest with this hotel chain, and that meant nothing. This may sound like I'm crying in my bier, but if I spend my money with this hotel and they don't recognize my loyalty, then what good is it?

Anyways. This was the last hotel to fill up in the city during a trade show and I can see why.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear ThisIsntMichael
thank you for your review, even if it is not as good as I wished for. Xmas time is a peak season for us and high demand has an influence on the end price we charge, I am sure you know that since we all adopted this strategy from the air lines. As a Starwood Prefered Guest you should receive special attention and if that was not the case I want to sincerely apologize for that. We are aware that some rooms can be louder than others and we have it on our agenda. I hope you will give us a second chance and remain
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have been staying at the Meridien Nuremberg a few times for business reasons over the last weeks and it has been very enjoyable.
I did like the Grand Deluxe rooms, that are spacious, nicely furnished and quite. I was a bit afraid having a room facing the street, but the windows are great and block out the noise. Bathroom was old-style, but nice and clean. Internet service was fast and reliable.

The gym and spa area in the basement seem recently renovated and provided a small selection of equipment for an evening-workout.

The bar as well as the restaurant are excellent and the staff super nice. Breakfast was good, typical European spread with eggs, fruit, cheese and much more. Definitely not at the level of an Asian-style Meridien, but good enough. Staff at breakfast seemed a bit overwhelmed and the restaurant was packed at times. It took long to get a coffee and to have dirty dishes removed.
The bar served good drinks and food (I very much enjoyed the burger) and the restaurant serves great dinner, even if on the more expensive side.

I would be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear SFLeonce
thank you for your review and the detailed description about the services on offer. It is nice to read that you liked the rooms and the sound proofed windows. You are right with the brekfast. The restaurant can seat up to 120 people and at peak times it can get crowded at times, but as you rightly said, we try our utmost to have a friendly service in place to compensate for this. My team and I hope that you will stay with us again and remain
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel ticked most of the boxes for me. It was perfectly located for the station and The Old Town. The rooms were most comfortable and clean and the staff very courteous. If I'm being picky, I would say that the rooms were very warm though, and having the window open was somewhat noisy. Also the breakfast at 24E was very expensive when for less that 5E, you could have a hearty blow out in one of the station cafes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear docfun
thank you for your review and the comments about the location and the room. I agree that the price of 24E for breakfast is not the cheapest, but we have the biggest choice in town to satisfy all of our international clients. My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in mid-November.
Very nice old hotel, lots of character, well maintained and in good condition. Check in process quick and efficient. My only criticism is that the room I was given was very small indeed, smaller than your average European hotel room. As I was only there for two nights I didn't ask to be moved. Other than that I found that everything was great. Really pleasant and polite staff, room service breakfast was good. I ate in the restaurant and in the bar, the food was exceptionally good.
I would return to the hotel (though ask for a larger room) if I was visiting Nuremberg again.

Morpeth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very conveniently placed across the square for the station and local trams and one of the entrances to the walled city. Staff at check in restaurant and bar pleasant and efficient. Room 432 looking out to inner courtyard quiet and very comfortable for our 2 night stay. Slippers, dressing gowns, nice toiletries and a hospitality tray. Excellent breakfast buffet lots of choice and to finish a glass of trocken. Bar area small and comfortable for a snack after busy days sightseeing. Voucher in room for complimentary water, coffee, glass of wine and nibbles, a nice touch. Lovely not overpowering perfume smell in corridors. An excellent stay.

Room Tip: Inner court yard rooms lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Collybean
thank you for your nice review and your comments about the hotel which is highly appreciated. My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back once you are in town.
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Le Meridien is located in a wonderful location for seeing all the great sites in Nuremberg. If you are arriving by train, you can easily walk across the street to the hotel. Even though the Train Station is so close, I never heard or was bothered by any train noise. On the other side of the street is the entrance to the walled Old City. There are so many shops, great restaurants and lovely cafes within a short walk. The Castle and Cathedrals are also within walking distance. Don't miss the market in the square! Lot's of great vendors selling local food products, crafts, flowers and produce. Check with the hotel for market schedule.

Our Grand Deluxe room was very spacious, actually very large for Europe! Comfortable King bed, big desk to lay out all your personal items, large bathroom and plenty of closet space to store your luggage. Our room was very clean and appeared to have been recently renovated. The staff was very friendly and professional, and their English is excellent. They made several great restaurant recommendations. We had cocktails and appetizers in the lounge one evening and the breakfast buffet one morning. The service was pleasant and the food was enjoyable, a little pricey though. You must try the city specialty, Nurnberg Sausages! They are small grilled sausages (actually the size and ingredients are regulated by the city) and they are something we talk about craving all the time! I wish I had some right now!

Special thanks to the valet who programed our Tom Tom! We drove onward to Prague without missing a single turn! I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Le Meridien. I was very impressed with how very kind and helpful the staff was.

Room Tip: The Grand Deluxe rooms are indeed "Grand!" Plenty of space to spread out and relax!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Lisatini1013
thank you ever so much for all the praise you have given us and you are a true ambassdor for us. You are right when you say that we have a beautiful and unique location. By train it takes you only 10 minutes from the airport to the hotel and as you rightly said we are just next to the main train station. I really like your comments what all can be done in Nuremberg and I hope it will encourage others to visit our beautiful city. You also made me and my colleagues very proud when stating that you received good service, this is our main aim and we try our very best to achieve that every single day for every single guest. Once again thank you for your review and the entire team is looking forward welcoming you back.