“without mistake” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 128 hotels in Nuremberg
budapest
“without mistake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent 2 nights in this beautiful hotel in Nurnberg. It is a traditionally old building at the edge of the main city center. The location is great, you don't need your car or taxi to go to the center. (It's walking distance.) Despite the train/bus stations are opposite the hotel, there is no any noise, we could sleep very well. (It's been an advantage for us since our little son could watch the traffic from the huge window.) Rooms are big - we asked connected rooms which were good choice. Comfortable, nicely decorated and furnished. I would emphasize the quality of the bed, (king size) wich was perfect. Bathroom was brilliant and very clean. Breakfast was nice with huge selection of food.
Staff was friendly, helpful and very polite.
We found it very luxurious and loved that! We really liked the whole ambiance of the hotel!

Room Tip: Connected rooms are good choice with child.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear penny p
thank you for your troughout positive review of our hotel. It is really nice to read that you liked everything and that you share your experience with others, thank you for that.
Comments like yours make us very proud and they encourage all of us to give the utmost.
My team and I would be very happy if you would stay with us again, once you are in town.
Best regards to you and your family

562 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

As an SPG member I try to support the chain; 1 week prior to this stay due to heavy Easter Bookings we could not get in this property. So we tried again on 6th April.
Check in was faultless, great front of house staff. I informed them we would be having a late dinner in the restaurant as I was waiting for my guests. Was reassured no reservations were required for dinner..
My guests arrived 0920pm and we proceeded to the restaurant; we were told by the restaurant manageress that because of nil reservation made, they were closing at 10pm; we could not have A la Carte dinner and basically either left or accepted a bar style menu of 6 items or so.... I was made a fool in front of my guests by this arrogant young lady that basically could not care less...
The dining room was still full and the Chef could have easily cooked us a quick menu had we been given some consideration

For a 5 Stars SPG property I find this behavior disappointing and some urgent attention is required in F&B operations

I spoke to the Duty Manager later and was offered a complimentary drink in the bar; bar staff were very polite and attentive

Room Tip: Take a room facing the rear as the main street is noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear ZRX1200DAEG
Thnak you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am glad to read that the Front Office staff and the bar staff was polite and to your satisfaction. I was very concerned when I read the part from your dinner reservation and that my restaurant waiting staff refused you our a la carte menu, my sincere apologies for that. I have spoken to all relevant team members in the kitchen and in the restaurant that a similar situation will not be tolerated anymore. I hope you accept my apology and I hope that you will stay with us again once you are in town.
Yours sincerely
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a very nice stay at the Le Meridien. I really like the hotel bar, it was very warm and friendly. The rooms are traditional european, slightly smaller but nicely decorated. The location is great for travelers from the train station.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear PatrickfromGP
Thank you for your review and your kind words. I am happy to read that you like our old bar and our friendly and warm atmosphere. My team and I hope that you will stay with us again once you are in town.
All the best
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The room was large for Europe, the bed was more comfortable than most European hotels, the hotel was lovely, and the customer service was outstanding, they helped get a tour for me, directions and ideas of what to see.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear soozandr
Thank you very much fro your review and the praise about the employees and the hotel itself. We always try to give the best service possible and in your case it seems that we did everything right.
My team and I hope that you will stay with us again once you return to Nürnberg.
Wishing you all the best.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel is very well located right across the main station and all the major attractions in Nuremberg.The noise is kept out with sound proof windows.
The entrance decor is very stylish and although is not new is kept to perfection to small details.
The rooms are remodeled in a modern clean style which are very appealing with very comfy bed and bedspreads. Unfortunately there is not much space for toiletries in the bathroom and also there is only one rack for the luggage. Since we had two big ones, one had to be put elsewhere.
The parking lot is not in the hotel premisses so one has to use the vallet service for going in and out with the car. The cost is 17 euros per day.
Internet is also paid and so is the breakfast, the biggest con since the price is somewhat steep. It costs 24 euros per person. Comparing to other hotels in the category it does not offer much more for such and expensive breakfast.
Reception is very courteous trying to go out of their way to help.
Only the chambermaids knock a lot at the door for different reasons.
But all in all I would recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: The hifh floor facing the pedestrian zone has a very nice view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear MiriamM972
thank you for your detailed review and for your closing line that you would recommend us to a friend, that is somehow the biggest praise you can give, once again thank you for that. You are right, the breakfast is not the cheapest, but we believe it is value for money what we offer and in line with other 4 and 5 star hotels. I will discuss you point in regards to the chambermaids with my Headhousekeeper and want to apologize for the inconvennience this has caused.
My team and I would be very happy if you would stay with us again, once you are in town and remain.
Yours sincerely
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wonderful Starwood property, lots of old fashion character yet modern and well maintained. Great location, across from main train station and steps to old town - shops and restaurants within walking distance. Room and bathroom were very nice, clean and comfortable. Room was small, but cozy and fine for one person. There is a great bar and two restaurants, all good service. Breakfast was wonderful, buffet style with an egg station where you can ask for omelettes, or any special requests. Buffet style made it quick and easy. 24 euros seem like a lot though, but may be it is standard for Europe. The room rate was super expensive (hence my low rating for value), but it could have been due to last minute booking and trade show. Starwood gold upgrade was not available due to hotel being oversold. Wifi available for a fee or as a Starwood welcome gift. The central elevator was sometimes slow and busy, but i used the main staircase since i was on 4th floor. Convenient taxi stand and subway entrance available right at hotel entrance. Friendly and helpful service throughout. Would highly recommend property.

Room Tip: Ask for room on lower floor and use main staircase which is more convenient than single elevator. As...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dominik R, Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Exotic_Flower21
We are very delighted to read your review and we would like to thank you for recommending us. Great that you enjoyed your stay so much. Indeed is the toyfair our major fair in Nuremberg with the highest demand and highest rates. We hope you also had successful fair days in Nuremberg and looking forward to welcome you back in 2014.
Best regards,
Dominik Ritz
Operations Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed recently. Very expensive last minute booking, front desk staff friendly and helpful, restaurant staff unprofessional and rude. Room poorly illuminated, though with impressive marble bathroom, but otherwise a depressing dark space. Location is good beside central station, but overall very average, with a big A.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear CPTipp,
Thank you very much for your review. I am really happy to read that our Front Office team was very helpful and friendly and that the location was very convenient for you. We apologize that the restaurant service was obviously not at your convenience. We will definitely follow up your comment. Please feel also free to contact me directly via email (dominik.ritz@lemeridien.com) to provide more detailed feedback.
Again, thank you for sharing your opinion. We very much hope you give us the possibility to persuade you from our service upon your next trip to Nuremberg.

Best regards,

Dominik Ritz
Operations Manager

Been to Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg? Share your experiences!