“Elegant old hotel in the heart of the city” 5 of 5 stars

Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bahnhofstrasse 1-3, 90402 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #20 of 128 hotels in Nuremberg
Somerset, England
“Elegant old hotel in the heart of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed for four days during the Christmas market season in 2011. The staff were very friendly and the room was comfortable and clean. We ate in the hotel on a couple of evenings and tried their Franconian menu which was very good. The restaurant was very smart, but they had no qualms about serving a meal to us in the bar because we fancied drinking beer in its less formal atmosphere. Breakfast was a fabulous buffet at a price to match, but we then saved money with a small lunch! The hotel is literally across the square from the train station so no need for a taxi from the airport. You can walk from the hotel into the city centre in a couple of minutes and the Christmas market is 10 minutes walk. We will go back one day.

The system forced me to rate the pool and spa, but there is no pool or spa!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear tp11235
thank you for your review and your comments relating to the very good location of our hotel. I also appreciate your comments about the food on offer and the quality. Chritmas is high season for us and we are proud to welcome guests from all over the world. My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back in the future.

591 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I loved staying at this hotel and their hospitality. The location is right across the Bahn and so convenient if you want to look around the town. When we arrived in our room, we were so delighted to find such a charming, chic room facing the train station. We immediately took pictures of the room to send it to our friends in US to see how awesome our room is. I was afraid perhaps it might be too noisy during the night, but we slept very well. Valet parking only costs 17E, which I thought was reasonable, if you are looking for convenience and don't want to worry about finding a parking lot. The internet was covered by Starwood amenity so we didn't have to pay for it. Staff at the lobby are very friendly and they talk to you like you are the most interesting person and want to help you in any way they can. We travel a lot and always appreciate good service, and didn't think this place was overpriced at all. I left this hotel wanting to come back, which is rather priceless.

Room Tip: Indian restaurant, Sangam(?), very close to the hotel was so delicious for dinner.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear ilovesanjuan
thank you for your review and your poitive memories you share with others. Since you are travelling a lot, your comments about our friendly associates count twice as much. Thank you for that. My entire team and I are looking forward welcoming you back one day.
Cologne, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night in this hotel and I would not go back. This hotel is not for people with light sleep. I had a room at 5th floor facing the area around the main station. It was very noisy all night through. I would not expect that for 180€ room price, normal rate. For this price and such a known hotel the room was too small but still nicely decorated and comfortable. The breakfast was good and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Two stars less because of noise and room size. This is what I put value on. Maybe if I had another room my review would be different.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
J_rgen_S187310, Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Jannaly
thank you for your comments and your review and I am sure your review would have been different if you would have stayed in a different room. The hotel is over 120 years old and we have various kinds of different rooms, room sizes, locations etc. Should you decide to return, please ask for a room facing the inner court yard, those rooms are extremley quiete.
My team and I hope that you give us a scond chance and remain.
Dijon, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Le Meridien is very well situated beside the main train station & the entrance to the old town. Service efficient & polite.Room modern, contempory design, nicely furnished.However, bathroom very small & nearly impossible to cater for 2 people at he same time. Wifi available at an outrageous price, this is totally unaccpetable.Breakfast excellent. Overall a pleasent exprience but too expensive for what your getting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear BICHEKA
I am pleased to read that you rate hotel well and that you liked the friendliness and the efficient service. WIFI charges are are an issue and I reported this already to our main office. At present it remains company policy to charge for this service. I still hope that you will visit us again once you are in town.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked a 2 night stay at Le Meridien Grand Hotel through Booking.com as it was close to both the train station and the old town and the rate was reasonable. I was very happy with the stay from start to finish and have only positive sentiments of the Hotel.

The check in was enthusiastic and welcoming while all staff we encountered were friendly, professional and capable.

Due to heavy rain on the first evening, we decided to stay in the hotel and try the dinner buffet (3 courses, incl wine - EUR 40 / person). It was very good, lovely wine (lots of glasses!) included in the price and a real treat. Breakfast in the morning was excellent and set in the same Brasserie dining room which is a very pleasant environment to eat.

The room was typical for the rate - standard room, ensuite and spotlessly clean. We had a great view out from the front of the hotel overlooking the train station and it was nice to watch the people of the city go about their business from here. The reception and other public areas of the Hotel were also lovely.

I'd recommend this Hotel strongly to friends and family and definitely use it again if I return to Nurnberg.

Room Tip: I liked the room at the front of the Hotel overlooking the train station.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Stevie1Edinburgh
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic and positive review and comments. You are more or less an ambassador to us and the biggest praise you gave us is that you will recommend us to your friends and family alike. Thank you for that. My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back.
BS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Also 2012 I stayed already several times in this hotel. I have to confirm that this hotel has a very nice charme from the old days, is also kept in good condition and is well managed. The rooms are variying very much as no room is like the other. The SPG amenities are also quite nice and in particular the staff at the reception is very friendly and accommodating. Then you can also overlook some smaller thinkgs which happen from time to time.
The breakfast has also a lot of various offers and has a good standard.
The bar inside the hotel Aterlier has also remarkable good service and on the week-end live music.
The location close to the main train station and in a walking distance to the city's pedestrian and shopping area together with the service is unique.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear mba4u
Thank you very much for your troughout very positive review. Comments like yours make us proud an we realize that we are on the right track. Once again, thank you and we are looking forward welcoming you back-
Best regards
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, room is perfect, breakfast is great.
It is very close to the old city, so you can walk to the historical sights, restaurants, museums and stores.
I was disappointed with 2 things.
First, internet's price, too expensive for 24 hours!!! Second thing, the drivers take too long to bring your car from parking lot, so remember to ask for your car 15 minutes before you plan to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear flafreire
Thank you for your review and your positive comments. The Internet charges are a problem, since this is a company based decision and not ours. We once in a while face problems with the timely pick up of cars from our guests, especially when a lot of cars need to be picked up at the same time, my apologies for that. We still hope that you will stay with us again, once you are in town.
Best regards
Jürgen Sziegoleit

Been to Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg? Share your experiences!