“Fantastic, classy hotel in an excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bahnhofstrasse 1-3, 90402 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #22 of 130 Hotels in Nuremberg
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Fantastic, classy hotel in an excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Let's start off by saying we loved this hotel and only had a couple of complaints- 1. the breakfast, even just a pot of coffee, is ridiculously expensive. Completely overpriced. 2. Same goes for parking. The only parking available is valet, which was about 19-21 euro/day.

Otherwise, we had a great stay. The front staff was super friendly and helpful and spoke English. The location cant be beat. It's right at the beginning of Old Town. We could see a turret out our window. Our room was spacious, one queen bed, TV with several English speaking channels, large bathroom, clean & beautiful. We loved the unique elevator. We will definitely stay here again one day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
J_rgen_S187310, Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear kmack143
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us again, once you are in town. As our hotel is nearly 120 years old, there was never car parking planned when it was built and we rent car parking spaces opposite of the hotel and we just pass on the price we have to pay ourselves. It is just nice to read that you were satisfied with the room and the services on offer. My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back.
Jürgen Sziegoleit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
salisbury, uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed only one night in this hotel and was impressed with our first sight. We parked in the station car park, just across the road (follow signs in car park for the Grand Hotel spaces). Reception area was lovely and check in was smooth. We had become used to the partiality of grey and black decor in German hotels (why???) so was not surprised at the subdued look of the rooms. The bed was superbly comfortable, bathroom immaculate and well equipped. Unlike our experience in the Adina hotel in Berlin though (separate review) we were a little disappointed not to find any tea and coffee facilities and 6 euros to have it delivered is too expensive in this type of hotel. Nor was there any iron or board (yes I know I could have ordered one from reception but when running late for a breakfast meet this was not ideal). Mini bar prices were extortionate so inevitably we had nothing (while at the more reasonably priced Berlin hotel, we happily ran up quite a bill.....!). Although the windows were double glazed, we were all disturbed by noise from the street at night. Breakfast the next morning was style and no substance with the buffet items looking tired and not well presented. We didn't have dinner (44 euros I think per person, for a buffet....) My overall impression was of a large corporate chain doing what they do well - making money and not necessarily being very hospitable. Would I stay here again? Well it was well situated and comfortable but not value for money so probably not and I was irritated at the lack of basic room requirements. I've stayed in back-street guest houses in Brighton which have these basics! Oh and we were told three times (Sunday morning at 10.20a.m.) that the breakfast buffet was closing soon. This was embarrassing as we had a guest with us and felt they wanted to get rid of us. What is wrong with these large chains? - they treat their customers as though they are an inconvenience when in fact the customers are what pay the wages and profits!

Room Tip: Not sure if it's possible but it may be better to ditch the view and go for a rear room if you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
J_rgen_S187310, Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear piwismum
I am a bit dissapointed with the statements you have made. When you read other reviews we get very positive statements, especially about our breakfast. As we run a business it is our aim to make money and believe me, it is not so easy to earn money with a hotel. I do not know what business you are in but when you have time and you are next in town I would not mind going trough our figures with you, may be you can show us how to run it more professional, more hospitable and more profitable. However, thank you for your review.
DUSSELDORF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Un-believablie historic location very close to main-station and old town with its historic and fantastic sights and shopping opportunities, Upon my arrival to the hotel reception staff were very welcoming and upgrade my room to a higher category for no additional cost,room is comfortable and containing all you might need like room safe,tea and cofee facilities,individuale air condition,mini-bar,breakfast restaurant is very decent and classical as it is a traditional and calssical hotel,nice view from my window over the old town wall,I will come back if visiting nuremberg in future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

J_rgen_S187310, Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear MOUSTAFA A
thank you for your review and for listing all the amenities and services on offer. The location is really great and mentioned in almost all reviews. My team and I are happy to hear that you choose us again, once you are in town.
Best regards
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very conveniently located in the center of town. Large rooms with comfortable beds. The styling is a mix of classic (hence the Grand moniker) and some updated i.e. circa 1990s. For whatever reason it comes across as incoherent and almost somber. The gym is well equipped with both cardio and weight training options. The TV transmission on the ellipticals was very grainy and distracting and needs to be adjusted. Service was good throughout with a big German style breakfast buffet. Given the location, helpful staff and relatively low price, I would overall recommend this hotel but generally feel that it could use an upgrade to make it more light and airy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear mojo2012oovajay
thank you for your honest opinion and your review. I passed on your comments to my chief engineer relating to the transmission of the TV channels and you can be rest assured that the mistake has been fixed by now.
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Picked this hotel from reviews. It was an awful experience in room 232. No wifi except for outrageous fee, no breakfast and crummy small room---worst accommodation in 5 weeks of traveling. our tiny room faced the inside ( where kitchen staff went to smoke) so no view or fresh air from open window. I protested that I had paid for a king delux and was told my mistake was reserving on expedia---not on the hotel's web site. we had trouble even getting our Starwood points. My impression is it caters to large tour busses and businessmen. Couldn't wait to leave

Stayed October 2012
Dear Ardy52
I am sorry to learn that you were not happy with our hotel and that you did not like your stay. Just for information, the inner court yard, your room was facing to, is not accessible for anyone and with your SPG points you are right and you should know that points will not be granted when a reservation is made via a third party.
General Manager.
Villa Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We recently returned from our first trip to Europe and stayed in several Sheraton Properties. The Le Meridien in Nuremberg was one of the best. The location is second to none and the staff made us feel right at home given inability to speak German. If I ever get a chance to revisit Germany, this will be one place I will return, if nothing else but to stay at this Hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the street and we enjoyed being able to see folks coming and going to the nearby...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear DEOJPO
wow, what a review. Thanks a lot. You make us very proud here in Nürnberg and it shows that we have our hearts at the right place.
We all hope that you will visit us again.
Best personal regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Despite hotel is located directly in front of the main train station, city center and 2 crossing roads, as soon as you enter the hotel you cant hear nothing about it any more.
Wonderful and very delicious dinner with 3 rooms full of different food styles and music on piano during the evening as well.
Very satisfied with the service and sleeping quality.
The only thing which was not so comfortable is the size of the room was quite small that I am used to and the colours too dark for my taste.
Definetely good located for any of your trips in Nuremberg especially in X-Mas time jus a 20 minutes walk to famous market.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
J_rgen_S187310, Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear SJBK88
thank you for your poistive review. You are right, the location is superb, just a few minutes walk into the historical part of the city. I very much appreciate that you liked our dinner dinner offering with life music, which is also loved by the locals for years and years. My colleagues and I value your review and we all hope that you will visit us again one day.
Jürgen Sziegoleit

Been to Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg? Share your experiences!