“going downhill fast” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 131 Hotels in Nuremberg
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“going downhill fast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

this is not my first time at this hotel, but certainly my last! The location is good, but not great - walking distance to the old town, but right on a main thouroughfare. The rooms are small even for German standards and pretty worn out. The service was standard and the breakfast was good, even if the breakfast room is very 80s.
for Euro 150++ there are far better places to stay in Nuernberg, even if you want to be within 200 meters of the train station.
It didn't help that there was a construction site next door where the noise started before 7am.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank your very much for staying again in our hotel and for the time you have taken evaluating the MARITIM Hotel Nürnberg.

With great regret we have read your notes about your stay.
Unfortunately we can not undo your experience.
The location in the heart of the city comes with some noises of town, so our windows are isolated against surrounding sounds. Also we can offer you rooms to the side street during the period of construction in the neighbourhood.

Rooms of our classic category are simply furnished and rather practical, so if you would like to have a more comfortable and spacious room there are different categories like superior rooms, studios and suits we can offer you.

I sincerely do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again for improving your last impressions.

Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the location. I had a mixed experience.

Cons

1. Very strange acoustics in the building. I was woken a number of times in the night and always at 6am by banging. I think it was foot steps. Think cleaners could have been above us even though we did request a quiet room. I am a light sleeper but my partner who is a heavy sleeper was woken by it too so I knew it was bad. Very disappointing.

2. The location is just by old town so that is good. However, it the most defiantly the 'seedy' bit of town with a number of sex shops and clubs! If I had children I would have felt very uncomfortable.

3. The room was VERY dated. I have seen others have said this and the manger has commented saying 'timeless'. I agree the reception area is to that style but the rooms are plain and simple out dated. Large old style TV, chip in the dated bath tub, poor quality towels as others have commented. The rooms are overall a little disappointing.

4. Very hot room! kept turning the heating down but still very hot!

Pro

1. Staff are very helpful and friendly

2. Loved the pool area, nice thing to have

3. The bar area was nice.

Overall, I am really not sure if I would stay again. However, I LOVED the city

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your stay in MARITIM Hotel Nürnberg and for the time you have taken rating our hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of hotel, the hotelbar and the freshly renovated pool and fitness area. I am glad to hear your comment about our friendly and helpful staff.

According to your negative comments, I am also glad to hear, because only in this way we can improve ourselves.
Being very sorry for your lack of sleep, I assure you none of our staff starting to clean at 6 o’clock in the morning. The disturbances maybe had been caused by other guests of the hotel, as a business hotel we have lots of people leaving very early.
Our hotel is located nearby the train station of Nuremberg and in walking distance to the inner city and the medieval old town. For shops and establishments settled in this area also we are very sorry for. If you don’t want to cross these areas, there are easy ways to the inner city avoiding them.
The rooms are as you told by yourself timeless.
According to MARITIM Style we do not have new designed rooms, they are traditional furnished and most of our guests like the warm and cosy atmosphere.
With great regret I see you did not enjoy this kind of decoration.

Dear Guest I am looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel to improve your impression.

Best regards

Haskerdijken
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good hotel; interior a out-dated (a lot of glossy copper) nevertheless a good hotel.
Situated directly next to the central station "Hauptbahnhof".

Fine breakfast and excellent service at the dinner table.
The lady serving us was eager, knew what she was talking about and took the extra mile to please the guests.

Rooms are good, rooms could be completely opened; I do prefer this over an airco that you don't get to know when staying only a few days.

Room Tip: Try to get a room looking out on the rear side; on the front side there is quit a busy road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to rate our hotel.

I am glad to hear that the friendly staff and our location close to the inner city are well in memory.
I thank you very much for your comment. The negative points you stated will be transferred to my team for reaching an improvement.

I hope to welcome you again visiting Nuremberg next time.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Piano bar is definitely worth a visit for an evening. The singer (couldn't get her name) was simply fantastic and made the evening lively. The restaurant is very good with an excellent spread for the breakfast buffet. The decor is also pleasing and gives a warm comfortable feel. The staff are superb and very helpful. As regards the room ........ the less said the better. Stay here only if you really have to. But wherever one stays, the Piano bar is a must visit.

Dear Guest,

thank your very much for rating our services at tripadvisor.
The impressions of our guests are very important to us, because only this way we can improve us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your time at our piano bar, the restaurant and hotel itself.
I will transfer your comment to the staff it concerns.

We will be glad to welcome you again at the next trip, which will take you to Nuremberg.

scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I've stayed several times on business. I like it ...its has a certain warm mood about it. The decor is probably old fashioned, lots of dark wood and cream. The is bar is nice with a good mix of seating and staff who are professional and willing to pass the time of day. The bedrooms would not excite one who frequents boutique hotels, however they are warm comfortable and functional....above all they are quiet which I value. Good breakfast etc.

I'd certainly go again on business....but not for vacation.

Room Tip: There is a good value Italian 100 Meters from the back of the Hotel,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to give us a feedback of your stay.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time in our hotel during your businesses in Nuremberg.
I will transfer your special annotation of our bar to the service staff.
Our hotel furniture and interior is in a timeless exclusively style, so it contains a lot of wooden, golden and crème colours.

I am looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel, next time you are visiting Nuremberg.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights to attend the Spielwarenmesse. The lift was slow, room had threadbare towels, mediocre linen and an ancient tv. The wifi (which was expensive to boot) coverage area didn't extend to my room.

The staff was friendly and the bar was lively (though also very expensive). I skipped the €19 breakfast for coffee and a roll at the station two doors down.

All in all, I would be sorely disappointed if I came to Nuremberg on holiday and chose the Maritim Hotel as my base to explore the old city. But for a business hotel during a major trade fair, it was reasonable (save for the wifi situation).

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear guest,

many thanks for the time you have taken for rating MARITIM Hotel Nuremberg.

The positive feedback within our staff I have passed to my employees.
With great regret I have registered your negative notes.
I am very sorry for the problems you had connecting to the wifi network,
the hotel building itself contains strong walls making it difficult for wireless signals to get all over.
Please contact the Front Desk next time, we immediately would have changed the battered towels and lines for you.
We are going to take your feedback to advance.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to improve your impressions.

With best regards,

Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Clean and well maintained hotel. But it is a bit expensive for the facilities provided. WiFi is not provided free of cost and you need to pay separately for a day's or hourly package. Breakfast is ok. I know it is asking too much, but it would have been good if there were some indian dishes also served for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, January 23, 2013

many thanks for the time you have taken for rating MARITIM Hotel Nuremberg,

I am pleased that you were satisfied with our hotel, also there were extra expenses for the internet connection.

I am looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel, next time you are in Nuremberg.

Yours sincerely

Director

Been to Maritim Hotel Nurnberg? Share your experiences!