“An underground explosion” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delphi

Delphi
Innere Laufer Gasse 22, 90403 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany (Altstadt - St. Sebald)
+49 911 209531
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 891 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek, Grill
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Sebald
Description: RESTAURANT DELPHI in NUERNBERG
Cotswolds, UK
“An underground explosion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Peering in from street level, this Greek restaurant on the outskirts of the town centre seems very unassuming - small, quiet, like a stage set almost. Then, as you enter, you go down the stairs, & this huge space opens up, with its attendant buzz & chatter, a lively place-to-be-seen, meet friends & of course eat and drink. A very attentive owner, who made sure we were looked after & found a table, & when we left, he made sure he said goodbye & thank-you - we were made to feel like we were his regulars, rather than first timers. The food itself was very good - my only criticism being that my pitta breads were fried rather than baked, which made them a little oilier than I would have liked, but overall no complaints. Would we go back? Sure thing!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nuremberg, Germany
“Best Service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've lived in Germany almost a year, and this was the best service I've had. The restaurant manager was very accommodating. We didn't have reservations, but they found a spot for us. The atmosphere was nice, the food was great and large portions. It was a great dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga
“Good Food and Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Really good atmosphere in the restaurant. I was greeted by really nice service staff as soon as I walked in. Large selection of food - both for vegetarians (myself) and non-vegetarians. I ordered the bean soup and salad with grilled prawns and enjoyed both. Food was well-priced and came out quickly. I enjoyed my meal and would probably return to try something new.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding food and excellent service; very nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am traveling to Nürnberg several times a year. This was the first time at Delphi.

The food was very good, fresh, and tasty!! The service was very friendly, giving me the feeling of being a regular there. The restaurant has an excellent menu, with a large variety of greek specialties, and well sized portions. Not going into overload!!

The service is on the spot, quick, friendly, and always looking to help.

The prices are good and it is a great price/value combination.

I will definately return and also post photos.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Trying to be a Greek restaurant!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you really want to have an original Greek food, the title of this restaurant will mislead you!
It's nothing more than a restaurant with Greek owners probably living for many years in Germany and they have forgot what an original Greek food must taste!
They have adopt their original recipes into a modern German-Greek style! Probably because this way they are "closer" to what their target group -Germans- like more! Good for business (???), but definitely not an original Greek restaurant!

Above that...service is terrible! You have to wait for...hours in order to be served! I went in a time that there was no one else and still I had to wait for 25' till someone will come to take my order.
Food was not tasteful at all and they charge you like you had a dinner at the Buckingham Palace!!!

A great disappointment according of course to my Greek background and standards!!!

I wouldn't recommended to anyone!

• Visited November 2010