“Family-run goodness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Garni Probst

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuremberg
Hotel Garni Probst
You added Hotel Garni Probst to your Saves list
Luitpoldstr. 9 | 90402 Nuremberg, 90402 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany (Altstadt - St. Lorenz)   |
Ranked #8 of 130 Hotels in Nuremberg
Singapore
“Family-run goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Garni Probst is a recommendation in the lonely Planet guide to Germany. Located in the fringes of the old town (small enough to walk everywhere within the town) just next to the handwerkerhof, it is a family-run place.

Service is excellent. Franconian hospitality is not all what it was made out to be in the streets of Nuremberg but within this little 'garni' the service staff were warm and this really made us feel at home. Susanne was always there to see if we needed anything. The breakfast area is cosy and painstakingly prepared every morning by the family. Rooms were spacious and clean, and were of good value as well.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

This hotel is excellent. It is in a central location, easy walking distance from the Hauptbahnhof, spotlessly clean, has an outstanding breakfast but best of all is the welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Internet access functioned well (extra cost). It is run by the family Probst and they are all personally interested in an individual guest's wellbeing. I spent 7 nights here and can recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We were recommeded to this hotel by the travel info center and it was awesome! Clean, affordable, and the owners were very friendly and willing to help with any questions. On our next adventure to Nurnberg we'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

I totally enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It is close to the main station, right in the of the Altstadt. The people who manage the hotel are very friendly and made me feel right at home. I had an unpleasant encounter at another hotel which almost ruined my entire trip, but checking in to Hotel Garni Probst made everything better. They helped me feel right about the day again with their friendly and warm service. Thank you Hotel Garni Probst! =)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

I was only looking for a place to stay for one night so I was not that choosy. The hotel suited my needs. It was quiet and the price was very reasonable. I had I think the only single room that did not have a bathroom and shower inside of it. I prefer such a room as it is much cheaper than one with bathroom and shower. Though this one was a little bit of a challenge: first there was a smokey smell to the room which luckily I was able to air out 90% of it; there is a sink in the room but the bathroom was upstairs which is a long hike from where the room was. The shower was down a long hallway and the shower room was a little run down but clean. Shower's hot water was good but I had to hold its shower handle. The room was the furthest from the entrance area...you needed to walk down about three old corridors and the up the stairs to the main entry. So it would not be great for longer stays. It was clean. Most other rooms would be closer to the entry. The bed was comfortable.
The breakfast was good.
The location is great as it is a 3 minute walk from the train station. They let me store my bag after check out.
I paid in cash on check out so I am not sure of their payment policy.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

Very close to the railway station. The owners were friendly and service was very good. The place was spotless and comfortable. The rates were also very good indeed and the breakfast was very nice. Don't be put off by the adult shops nearby - it is evident that this hotel is family-run. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel at all.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Hove, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

My sister booked this one and what a great choice.
It is 2 minutes from the Main Rail Station and right in the middle of the Market Square. Owners there do make you feel welcome.
Very clean rooms and overlooking the square.
Hot showers and very clean ensuite. Good size and comfortable rooms. Wonderful breakfast included with room price. Lovely people own this hotel and are always ready to do anything to help.
We were able to leave luggage to go on with travel popping back to stay one night. Our luggage was always taken out of storage and in our room when we came back from a trip.
We did this 3 times and every time we were delighted with this service. If you are in Nuremberg do stay here and it will make your visit.
Location is perfect to see everything and get out and about. Quiet rooms even though there is night life on the doorstep.
Good restaurants and shopping with the extra fun of an old fashion market, whole area pedestrianised.
We stayed in lots of hotels in Germany - leaving our extra bags with this hotel and loved coming back to this lovely hotel.
I'm from England and my sister lives in US.

• Liked — Location, Clean, Comfortable, Friendly, Service, Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was great.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Garni Probst? Share your experiences!