“Romantic!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Romantic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were looking for a place that served Raclette - a French/Swiss cheese fondu sort of thing that is great in the cold. But we found more than good food, that atmosphere & service was extraordinary. It was a little pricey but on our next trip to Munich we will certainly have this on our itinerary!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Berlin, Germany
“Traditional atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Weinhaus Schneider is a quaint German eatery right in the middle of Munich. The atmosphere/decor is very cozy and friendly and perfectly in line with what I would imagine as an old Bavarian restaurant. This restaurant was recommended to me by a local but upon arrival I noticed most people were actually tourists. From my experience, this is generally not a good sign, but fortunately in this case, my experience wasn't completely right. I came looking for Schweinbraten and was not disappointed. The Schweinebraten came on a very interesting old plate, with a Knoedel and some sauerkraut, and the portion was generous. The whole old-style decor and candlelit environment provided for a really nice dining experience, and I felt at times as if I was having dinner in medieval Bavaria. I was however slightly disappointed that the braten was a bit dry and not so crusty, as this is one of the features I like the most about it. Some people have told me that it's traditionally not crusty so maybe this was voluntarily like this, but I still prefer the crusty version from the Oktoberfest tents, so I can't avoid my disappointment. All in all I would have expected a bit more from the Schweinebraten, particularly considering the price paid. Aside from that service was very good. We were greeted with enthusiasm and the waiters were friendly and diligent throughout dinner. I was also pleasantly surprised to see a Portuguese menu, which was a first in Germany for me :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fondue restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a find! Only fondue restaurant in Munich and had a range of fondues available, my companion is vegetarian so I assumed I would have to share a cheese fondue. However the manager said they do fondues for one so I had a beef, chicken and pork fondue with six very tasty home made sauces. Staff extremely helpful, very pleasant evening.

Visited March 2013
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Great atmosphere with great staff and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've never made a review before and, sincerely, didn't have intentions to write one. But this restaurant made me want to.

Our reservation was easily done and our table was ready when we arrived. Besides the Fondue, there were other choices that seemed pretty nice (and were!!). The food came quickly, but before that they offered many entrees that were delicious. Drinks were also very special.

Being really sincere, this was the best restaurant we've been during our trip. We've been in the best restaurants in Berlin, Frankfurt and Stuttgart, but none matched the quality, staff and great atmosphere that Weinhaus has offered. Even comparing to top notch restaurants in São Paulo (Brazil) is a really good place!

The cheese fondue is out of this world, and the meet fondue (oel) is very well balanced. Chocolate fondue is also great, and you can choose between milk chocolate and white chocolate. About the atmosphere: really well decorated, romantic and clean place.

By the end, we didn't even want to know about any other restaurant. We went back there two more times in a roll! Really, it's a MUST GO restaurant!

Thank you, Michaela and all the staff from Weinhaus Schneider for the great dinner! Looking forward coming back soon =)

Best regards to all,
Alexander

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Old world style- close to Marienplatz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a lovely old Bavarian style restaurant with a menu that features mostly fondue. Delicious on a cold winter night! But be sure to make reservations as it is a rather small but very quaint establishment. The owners, Michaela and Otto were friendly and helpful and spoke English. The selection of wine and beer is fairly extensive and there is most certainly plenty of good pairings for a scrumptious fondue. I have seen other posts regarding the price of the cheese fondue but frankly, the price of cheese in the market has skyrocketed. We enjoyed a festive atmosphere, a wonderful dinner and a good chat with the owners who have had this establishment for many years. We would return again tomorrow. ( although my waistline can't handle it)

• Visited December 2012