“Good Chinese for Germany” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Woking, Surrey
“Good Chinese for Germany”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Kam Yi is almost directly opposite the Hilton Munich City and the Concert Hall. When I visited there were plenty of Asian diners - whether local or visitors, I could not say - which always speaks well of an ethnic restaurant.
From a British point of view, the condiments on the table (soy sauce, chilli sauce, rice vinegar, etc.) are quite necessary, since the food is obviously aimed at the German populace and a little bland. However, it is impossible to criticise the service (exemplary) or the pricing (less than 25EUR for 2 courses, 2 beers and a digestif)!
Recommended as an escape from your hotel (there is a Holiday Inn also close by) or post-philharmonica evening!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Athens
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very nice, real Chinese, enough quantity, fair pricing. Located opposite to Hilton City Hotel it is easy to approach also by Metro. I have been there several times and I must say it was always same quality

Visited June 2013
Southampton Uk
“Great Chinese food at reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This wasn't our first choice of restaurant due to the variable reviews here, but our first choice was full so we took a chance and were glad we did.

There is an extensive menu that could get a bit pricey if you don't watch out, but we decided to have the meal for four at €20 a head, so I can't comment on the more adventurous menu options. The food was lovely, certainly among the better Chinese restaurants I have eaten at. The quality of ingredients was good and we were stuffed full by the end.

If I had any criticism, it would be that the food comes a bit quickly, not giving you time to finish the previous course, but I would happily eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“OK Chinese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good menu selection, cooking about 6/10 (to an ethnic Chinese). Ambiance is decent- good for families or business. Service is good and responsive.

Visited June 2013
Munich, Germany
“Solid Chinese restaurant in a good Munich location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I get the mixed reviews about this restaurant. I think we were lucky with when we visited & the choices from the menu. We tried a couple of different dim sum starters, followed by chicken & duck mains. I must say the food was both hot & tasty and more than enough (we couldn't finish the meal, the mains being very generous). Service was a bit hit-&-miss, but all-in-all was a reasonable experience. Would I visit again? - probably, but first I think I'll check-out some other options in Munich for this (Chinese) style of food first.

• Visited March 2013