“Nice personnel, average food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Munich, Germany
“Nice personnel, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were in Schwabinger Wassermann last saturday. We booked for 6 but we arrived 7. After some first minutes of uncertainty we finally got a good table outside. We ordered different dishes. I tried them all. The waitress was really nice with us. The food was just ok. I don't mean bad at all. But the restaurant has a certain fame in Munich, I expected something more, maybe I expected too much. The final impression is anyhow positive. I would come back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

46% Recommend
“Lousy and loud music spoiled it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went to Wassermann with a friend on a late Sunday afternoon. Had been there a couple of times before, but only outside. As the weather wasn't good we decided to go inside this time. Not too many people around this time of the day, which was pleasant, and we didn't have to wait for the waitress for long. She was friendly and efficient and showed some sense of humour.

Already before our beers arrived the music changed and they turned it louder. It surely wasn't nice music for a place where people have a meal. We found it unpleasant and definitely too loud. It might have been OK for a lounge where people just have a quick drink or two and don't stay long.

The food was fine and I think it was even (almost) worth the price, perhaps slightly above average. Both waitresses who served us were friendly and the whole experience would have been very nice without that cheap lounge "music". If it had been for example some good latin music, bossa nova or something, and at much lower volume, it might have added to the atmosphere, but this kind of lounge rubbish, no way ...
Unfortunately we won't be going back very soon.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Rude Waitress”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My friend and I had just arrived in Munich and were looking to grab food. We found this place and wandered in. Since it was after 10:30 I asked if they were still serving food before we found a seat since we were going to leave if the kitchen was closed. This waitress gave me such an attitude and while I was speaking to her someone shoved me so hard that I fell into her which probably pissed her off even more. We found seats and ordered food and drinks. They brought out the wrong dish and insisted it was what we had ordered. We ate the meal anyway because at that point we just wanted to eat and get out of there. I will mention that the food and the beers were good but the service was so overwhelmingly bad that we couldn't enjoy it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Crete, Greece
“High expectations for a below average place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

It is a well-known and quite famous place in Schwabing area and only.You will definitely impressed if you pass outside by the style and decoration.Having all that in mind,I decided to join directly this place for a dinner!
When I get in,I realised that the place was not as warm and attractive as I expected!
The menu was just nothing in terms of quantity and of course very overpriced!I also did the mistake to try a wine....
Anyway 55euros in total at the end,for two people for 2 dishes of beef (almost 40% covered by fat!!) was toooo much , plus drinks.
I don't think I will try it again although I am a fan of German food.Anyway there are fabulous alternative solutions nearby!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to my wife and I by the clerk at our hotel. We absolutely loved the food and the service. The only drawback was not being able to eat there a second time because the place was too busy.

• Visited May 2012