“Surprisingly good find” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Canada
“Surprisingly good find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My fiance, my future sister-in-law (who lives in Munich), and I sat down at this place to eat after running some errands. I didn't think the food would be anything more than regular cafe fare of soups and sandwiches but I was wrong.

I ordered a German version of macaroni and cheese called kaesespaetzle. It is with fresh, homemade German noodles called spaetzle. It was absolutely delicious. I liked it so much, I went and bought a thing to make spaetzle from a kitchen goods store. I would fully recommend it. My fiance had the special of the day and said it was very good.

We sat outside and it was nice area to people watch near the University. The prices were ok and the service was good.

If you are in the area, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Unexpected find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good place to eat, drink and chat. Friendly staff, value for money. It was a lot cheaper than eating in the Old Town. Worth the effort to find it.

• Visited June 2013
Munich, Germany
“Great service and breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've dined here twice since being in Munich, once for breakfast and once for lunch. The day I went for breakfast was great! Great breakfast' from different regions and really great and quick staff. The second time I went for lunch, and it was just as busy the first time I went, but not enough waitstaff. The girl who took our order did a great job acknowledging us even though it took her a while because it was busy. Very good experience all up, will definitely go back again.

• Visited December 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“No regrets about stumbling upon this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Ate dinner here on Thanksgiving and really enjoyed it. The waitress did not speak English; however, she was happy to translate some words from the menu. Still, we were not completely sure what would come out of the kitchen - but we were definitely not disappointed. My mother had the Chicken Florida, which came in a coconut milk sauce with mangoes and mint rice, accompanied by a small salad; I had a salad with strips of herbed beef and sliced tomatoes, dressed in a sweet chili vinegarette (over dressed in my opinion). Beef was flavorful, though a tad tough. Cost was 28 Euros for 2 meals, 1 beer, and 1 soda (which, typical of Germany, cost as much as the beer). The place was packed (a young crowd, not surprising given its proximity to LMU) and I think there was only one waitress serving all the tables, but we weren't in a rush so I really can't complain. Tap water was available gratis upon request. The menu was fairly expansive: a good choice if you are not in the mood for sausages and spetzels. I wasn't inclined towards booze at the time, but there was a huge cocktail list that would appeal to me on another occasion. I would definitely eat here again, ideally with a German friend who would be willing to translate the entirety of the menu.

• Visited November 2012
London
“Fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We had a casual dinner with our small group in this restaurant. We tried to find local cuisine with Bavarian dishes, but this wasn't the best restaurant for that.

Food was fair, no big complaints about the service. There were a lot of available seat, so I guess this isn't the most popular restaurant in Munich.

Probably won't eat here too often...

• Visited June 2011