“A really good choice in the Museum district.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“A really good choice in the Museum district.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went back to the Tresznjewski for the third time over the years. It has been consistently a relaxed, casual place to go with a funky feel. The food is better than you would expect from such a casual place. I had the "business lunch" which cost 9 Euros, and included a really great lemon lentil soup, grilled salmon with mashed potatoes, and rice pudding. A great deal and really good food. It's also a good place to get good German beer on draft. The only minor flaw was a somewhat disintersted young waitress.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“A rest after arts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We went there after our visit of the Pinakotheken museums.
It was nice to sit outsite, in the museal athmosphere, and rest our tired feet.

Coffee was good, the food was okay.
The staff was nice. Not the best restaurant we´ve ever been, but a good place to start or end a tour through the museums.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Buzzing cafe, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Walked in to this restaurant for coffee and a snack late lunchtime. Very crowded but not totally full. Very friendly and welcoming staff who, even though very busy, took the time to point me in the direction of free tables and give me a choice of seating. Service was prompt and efficient. There were many children there too, so it seems a very child-friendly place.

Although I only had a coffee and pastry, both very good without being exceptional, other diners seemed to be enjoying their food- from salads to mains to sandwiches.

Good, casual restaurant within short walking distance of several museums and galleries, and a slightly longer walk to the U-Bahn station. A nice place to take a break during a long museum-hopping day.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
hobart
“A great breakfast in elegant surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We loved this place! We found it by accident, needing breakfast before exploring the art gallery nearby. The decor is delightful, with a lovely warm feeling. I ordered a "cheese breakfast" and it was amazing..... Out came a platter with 7 different kinds of bread, 5 different cheeses, fresh fruit, jam, honey, and yoghurt. The coffee was also superb. My partner said his croissant was also splendid, although he kindly offered to help me eat my huge array of food. Great value!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great lunch experience near the Nueu Pinakothek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had lunch at this restaurant by accident. My wife and adult daughter and I were spending a morning at the Neue Pinakothek in Munich and simply found this brasserie on a corner across the street from the museum.

We were in a bit of a rush as we received an unexpected call to meet my son elsewhere in Munich, but we had time for a quick lunch. We entered this lively restaurant and were able to find one of the few empty tables immediately. Realizing that meals in Germany are often more leisurely than we are are used to, we didn't know what to expect in terms of having lunch and being on time to meet our son.

We were greeted promptly at the table and offered an English menu when the waiter determined we were American. As it turned out he spoke English quite well. My wife and daughter had latte macchiato which were good. I ordered the Burger which was surprisingly good. My wife had a quiche and my daughter a Caesar salad with chicken. Portions were generous and fresh. The check was about €45.

Our waiter was attentive. We were served promptly and were able to meet our son on time.

Our lunch experience was altogether positive. Atmosphere was lively, decor light and pleasant, service excellent and the food was good. This restaurant has a very convenient location near the art museums.

• Visited January 2013