“The best pizza in Munich” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,368 of 2,822 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“The best pizza in Munich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

There's few things to say: Osvaldo, the pizza maker, makes the best pizza in Munchen. My suggestion: pizza with parma ham, gorgonzola and rucola. Enojy!!!

Visited June 2013

Munich, Bayern, Germany
“OMG, I have just been insulted by Mr. Spinach head”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

It is difficult when you have an issue with a neighborhood restaurant, that basically serves decent Italian food, not great, but good, the best was that they were not trying to be anything other than what they are, which is fine.

Tonight was different. Now let me make this clear, I have been to this restaurant many times, eat in and take out, usually satisfied, with one exception, and that was that the wait staff, primarily men, were usually pretty arrogant, but I ignored it. Not tonight. We arrived, we were seated, albeit in a restaurant half empty (or is it half full) and consequently informed that we did not have a reservation, thank you for allowing us to spend money. We ordered, everything at once, as the waiter did not find the time to come twice for beverages and food. Now I have to mention this, we have a newborn with us, a two year old and we are two adults. If you are a restaurant, logically, you want us out of there as quickly as possible, no screaming kids, feed them quickly, get them out before the baby wakes up.

So we get the menus (finally), we order. Surprise, the two year olds pasta arrives relatively quickly as well as our appetizer. As always, the food is good, not inspiring, not done with passion, but good enough for the location that guarantees a good quantity of guests on a regular basis, even for mediocre restaurants.

Then we wait, and we wait, and we wait. We ask the waiter what is taking so long, the answer is: "The Kitchen". Amazing that everyone around us received their dinners before us, so the answer should have been: " I apologize, I forgot to turn in your mains". So, we wait, and we wait, and then finally I ask again, what is with our food. The answer: "It is a problem in the kitchen, in the restaurant (at this point he has started speaking English)". He then tells me that he is leaving at the end of the month, I guess to enforce my decision at this point that this restaurant has a problem. Finally the food comes, my fish was good, my partners pizza was good, again, not great.

Then the best, we need to pay, baby is crying, two year old is going crazy, we have to get out of here. I ask for the bill, I tell the waiter that I am paying with a card, he says "EC", I say no. He says we have a limit of €100,00 for credit card acceptance. I ask where does it say this, either on the door or on the menu. Are customers informed?

Enter Mr. Spinach Head! OMG, the ultimate over cool Manager! Ok, imagine this. It is 20 degrees outside, and at least 25 degrees in the restaurant where we were. Mr. Spinach Head (actually his name is something like Spinachi, did not quite get it straight when we were fighting) is wearing a woolen cap, his shirt is unbuttoned to his navel, of course he has a tattoo that is very visible, and not quite what I really want to see when I am eating. They have agreed to accept my credit card for a bill that totals €64.00, not bad for pizza, fish, two wines and pasta for a kid. I tell Mr. Spinach head that he is obligated to accept credit cards if the decals are on the door, and if there is a limit to when you are "allowed" to use your credit card in this restaurant, then he is OBLIGATED to inform guests that credit cards are not accepted for charges under €100,00.

He wants to argue. He really wants to argue, and trust me, this is not the brightest person I have ever met. I decide to pay cash, not sure why, maybe because I did not want this guy to do me a favor. This is what he says at the end: "We cannot make everyone happy, that is the way it is". I told him that I complained twice, during the course of the dinner. He did not know this, nor did he care.

Tomorrow, I contact Visa / MasterCard and file a complaint, as i know that their contracts are very specific.

Remember, the fish stinks at the head first. What a shame, a decent local restaurant, but not worth being insulted by an over arrogant Manager or staff.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Decent Italian Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Staff are friendly, food is good.
Had a TV with sport on which was distracting.
OK place but would not go out of my way to find it.

Visited April 2013
Madison, Alabama
“Welcoming staff, good fine and great wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I see the Italians, at least those from Milan are not as pleased with Salotto, but I have been here twice and enjoyed both times. The food is very good but does lack a little imagination and color, but the staff is friendly and welcoming. The wine is great and often not what you will find elsewhere. Try the new wine on the market out of the region surrounding Rome: Baccarossa 2010. Wonderful.

Athens, Greece
“Refresh your italian before going there...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nice atmosphere, delicious pizza, the kids loved the spaghetti carbonara, good wine...quite a bit pricy though. Not great variety of desserts.

• Visited December 2012