“Culinary Genius” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 2,947 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German, International, Diner
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: No freedom of choice - and that's a good thing. Manuel Reheis offers a wonderful menu every evening at the Broeding. As a gourmet all you have to do is to decide whether you want to go for the five or six course meal. Why not try out the vegetarian menu which is offered the first Wednesday of every month? There is a great selection of wine which comes manly from Austria and is offered from one of the three sommeliers. The dining area has simple white tables, a green tiled bar, wooden furniture, warm lighting and bottles used as decor. In the summer it is possible to dine outside at the leafy courtyard.
“Culinary Genius”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I were going to be in Munich for our 40th wedding anniversary, and I wanted to make a special occasion of the evening. I studied TripAdvisor's restaurant reviews for Munich and contacted Broeding to make a reservation before we left Canada. Our evening at Broeding was one of the highlights of our trip.

We arrived at the designated address and were somewhat concerned at first - our taxi dropped us off in a quiet, residential neighbourhood and took off. We saw the Broeding sign, but the restaurant appeared to be deserted, so we were a bit concerned. As it happened, Germany was playing an important FIFA football match, so we were very fortunate to have the restaurant almost entirely to ourselves when we arrived. There were 2 very welcoming staff members, who both spoke English - fortunately for us - and they made us very welcome. The sommelier, in particular, was very helpful and introduced us to some fabulous Austrian wines, which we never would have had the opportunity to experience.

The daily menu is a single, set menu, but I would have full confidence in recommending that you allow yourself the pleasure of experiencing the chef's daily selections. Just as many people may have a musical or artistic talents, some individuals go far beyond the ordinary and bring a touch of genius to their craft. I think the chef at Broeding must rank as a culinary genius.

Each course was matched with a wonderful Austrian wine and we celebrated our 40th anniversary with the most wonderful dining experience we have ever enjoyed (and over the course of 40 years, we had a lot of experience to draw upon.)

Thank you, Broeding!

• Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent... Almost brilliant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We had booked online and it worked very well with even a request for outside seating in the garden.

We were served in a very friendly way and felt " at home".

The food was really delicious.

My advise for this restaurant : bring a big hunger with you and a lot of time to enjoy :)

Visited July 2014
Miami, FL
“Wonderful food, friendly service, fantastic Austrian wines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This ended up being one of our favorite restaurants in Germany. Far removed from the tourists, this is a place where the menu is hand written daily. Have full faith in your wait staff when selecting a wine to accompany your food. Every course is beautifully plated and tantalizes your taste buds. Order the 2009 Wieninger St. Laurent Bisamberg wine, which is akin to a new world pinot noir made in Vienna. I only wish I would have brought a case back with me!

Visited May 2014
Hardwick, Vermont
“Amazing...not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I visited Broeding alone while in town on business for a nice meal the night before flying home and boy was I not disappointed. I took advantage of the 6 course menu and found each dish, from the quail to the perch to the melon soup and beyond exceptional. Only negative was that I should have looked at the German menu as it had a wine pairing option missing from the English menu, so don't make that mistake if you speak German. As for the service, it was attentive and prompt. Worth every € penny.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“The worst #1 trip advisor restaurant ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is the first time that I got disappointed by a restaurant that is ranked #1 in trip advisor. The food is totally bland. The best thing I had was a cucumber soup.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
broeding, Sommelier at Broeding, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Heideier,

it's a real shame that you didn't like our food.

Your review unfortunatley is a little bit short, so
it is quite difficult for me to send you an adequate answer.

Most of our guests like our food since nearly 25 years,
but it is impossible for us to satisfy the requirements on taste
of ALL humans.

So I hope you had however a nice evening in our restaurant
with the wines and the mood (apart from the menu).

Best regards from Munich and perhaps
you will give us a second chance and we talk about the courses
straight after eating (if you again don't appreciate it).

Andreas Röhrich