“Delicious and creative flavors” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 2,768 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The idea is simple: we want to glorify nature, not chemistry. We give emphasis to quality, not convenience. We believe in transparency, not commercialism. We have dedicated our time to creating our very own ice cream recipes, using only premium and natural ingredients. This is what allows us to offer our customers 12 True flavors, made by hand, fresh, every single day. No excuses and certainly no shortcuts. Not sure? Well stop by and see us. True & 12 is all about transparency and customer engagement, and our (open) kitchen is open when we are. We want the world to see how great artisan ice cream is made.
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Delicious and creative flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I got rum raisin and my husband got lemon mint. Both were delicious and I am embarrassed to say how quickly we ate our selections. Very close to the Hilton Munich City. We will be visiting again before we leave Munich!

Visited July 2014

Thousand Oaks, CA
“The best ice cream ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

During our European vacation last month, my wife and I stumbled upon this place while on a walk near the Hilton Munich City Hotel on Rosenheimer Strasse. To summarize how we felt about the True & 12 ice cream shop, we went back twice in the same day, I have eaten some marvelous ice cream in my days but this was absolutely the best I have ever tasted. My wife ordered the chocolate and loved it so much she asked me to taste it. Now I would never order chocolate ice cream on my own because it simply does not rate among my flavor favorites but I was blown away by the taste of this chocolate ice cream. In fact, I loved it so much that I ordered chocolate on our second trip to the shop. So make sure you go back twice and sample a few of the other flavors also. I had hazelnut and it was also delightful. And the staff speaks excellent English.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Yummy Handmade Ice Cream, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

While we were visiting Germany we stopped by this ice cream shop once a day. The flavors chafed daily and everything we had was delicious. Amazingly creamy, too. I wish we had one of these close to home!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“True & 12, True to taste...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We saw people walking around and tried to 'trace' them back to True & 12. The ice cream at True & 12 were more delicious than what they looked like in the passer-bys hands. It looked delicious and tasted even way more delicious. We tried the Hazelnut, Chocolate and just had to come back the same night again for the Chai this time. The ice creams are very reasonably priced too.

We are still in the vicinity and we will be back for more, maybe for the rest of the everyday we are going to be here! True & 12's ice cream has that true taste of ice cream, very natural, not too sweet, everything was just spot on. The lady owner said that they have just opened and we hope they will remain true to keeping that true taste of ice cream!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“New favourite ice cream in Munich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I've been to True & 12 quite a few times since its opening almost 3 weeks ago. And i am so impressed with this couple who have devoted their lives to ice cream. It is so nice to see a well priced ice cream that is made from real ingredients, and not just the generic packet stuff you find in most of the Eis cafe's in munich.

This is a tough concept to try here in Munich, but i have seen it in Sydney and it has been so successful as the customer base begins to appreciate what real ingredients taste like.

If you try the chocolate you taste the cocoa, try the yogurt and its yum, and any of the cool flavours like honey and goats cheese. Has such an interesting taste in your mouth that you want more.

And for any aussies out there - give the blood orange one a try. It taste like a jaffas explosion in your mouth!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere