“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Myrtle Beach, SC
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This a fantastic hotel! Stayed for few nights and was quite impressed. Rooms overlook a nice park. The property itself is beautiful, but the staff makes the stay. Everybody knows your name during your stay. They make you feel at home and try to do everything to satisfy your every need. The concierge team is the best. Munich is not known for upscale hotels but this is a great experience. Room was beautiful, tasteful, and immaculate. I cannot recommended this hotel enough. Quite pricey but worth the splurge. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Upper floor was nice with no noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Direktionsbuero, Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for highlighting our great and helpful staff. Your entire feedback makes us very proud and we shared your kind words immediately with our employees, which is much appreciated – especially our concierge team is more than delighted.

It is great to hear that you spent a fantastic time at our property. Part of our philosophy is to offer our guests one of the best possible and individual services and to make them feel at home from the first moment on. Therefore your feedback reflects exactly what we are working for!

We would like to thank you once again for your great review and would be very delighted to welcome you at The Charles Hotel soon again. If there is anything to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact us personally at anytime
(mun-executive@roccofortehotels.com).

Personal Assistant to the General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have just got back from a weekend stay in Munich and stayed for 1 night, what a hotel. The staff are fantastic and cannot help you enough, everyone is so attentive, polite,courteous and always have a smile and their faces. The location of this hotel is in a lovely quiet area overlooking a small park. It is close enough to the train station, shops or museums. The rooms are a good size with a lovely decor. The beds are so comfy with lovely soft pillows, but they have different varieties - you just have to ask. The bathrooms are so spacious with lovely soaps and body washes etc. I loved the bar area with the piano playing softly in the background, again bar staff very attentive. The restaurant was fantastic, food was delightful and staff again so good at their jobs, always watching to see if you need a refill with drinks etc, breakfast is plentiful and so much choice it sets you up for the day. Now to the spa area...... Wow it was so relaxing to lie on the very comfy beds with great soft and fluffy towels, the staff again are fantastic and cannot help you enough. The pool was delightful, very clean and warm. I absolutely loved the fact the you can wear you robe from your room and go straight down to the spa area without the lift stopping on any floor except the spa.!! Nice little touch. Also the lifts only work with your room card so you can only get up to the rooms with a keycard. Again nice touch. I just loved every minute of my stay at this hotel, I'm sure if yo get a good price you won't regret it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Direktionsbuero, Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you a lot for your warm words and great feedback! Mr. Heller, our General Manager, shared it immediately with the entire team.

Our main aim is to offer all of our guests an individual and courteous service and to make them feel at home. Your feedback reflects exactly we are working for and it makes us very proud. From the first moment on, our guests should experience a very special stay where they are keeping in good mind.

All the little things are so important and it is great to hear that you felt totally satisfied. But if there is anything to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please feel free to contact us at anytime under mun-executive@roccofortehotels.com.

Once again, thank you very much and we hope to welcome you back soon!

With best wishes from snowing Munich,

Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Would you like to rest in Munich? Would you like to enjoy contemporary designers' place? - This place is for you!!
I was amazed with interiors - usually you expect something not-for-real life from contemporary design; here its not!! Its close to main r\w station, 3 steps from historical ccenter...
I loved their spa, but not the fact its like in the underground!
Surprisingly staff doesnt have badges with their names on - i was explained its in the whole hotel chain (telling the truth i would prefer to name receptionist or waiter by name rather than "hey, dear lady...")

Nevethereless I would choose this hotel to stay in one more time!

Room Tip: choose room on the last floor - splendid view, spacious light accommodation
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback on the online portal Tripadvisor and to allow other travellers a first insight into The Charles Hotel.

It is fantastic that you spent a really good time in Munich. Furthermore, we are delighted to hear that you loved our 800 m² The Charles SPA with its 5 treatment rooms, sauna, steam bath, 15 meter pool and well-equipped gym.

To have the amazing view over the Old Botanical Garden and the city of Munich, we recommend booking one of our Superior Deluxe Rooms.
Indeed, it is part of the Rocco Forte philosophy to offer all of our guests a cordial but also individual service while using our names to make each guest feel at home. We regret to hear that not all of our employees were able to introduce themselves and this fact caused you some inconvenience.

Thank you once again for your trust in Rocco Forte Hotels. The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you soon again in Munich.

Yours sincerely,

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel at the end of a family skiing holiday. The location close to the train station was extremely convenient (short walk). We were concerned about this at first, but it felt safe and the hotel was in a relatively quiet spot, facing a small park through which you could walk to the pedestrian shopping area of Munich. We had a junior suite on a high floor which had a nice view of the park; our adult children had other rooms which faced a courtyard.
The rooms are stylish and comfortable, good size, with excellent beds and large bathrooms with very modern fittings (took a while to work out how the shower worked!)
Our room rate included an outstanding buffet breakfast in the large but pleasant light filled restaurant.
We also had dinner at the restaurant one evening (Sunday night, not much open in Munich) and the meal was excellent, as was the service.
We needed to use the business centre once (just a small room with two or three computers but no one to assist you) When we did need assistance however, the concierge turned out to be very obliging.
We booked directly with the hotel, and were offered good advance purchase rates.
Would stay there again, especially if travelling by train.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park are nicer.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Direktionsbuero, Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your great feedback and the time you took to share your impressions on tripadvisor.com.

We are very delighted to hear that you spent a wonderful time at our property and that our spacious and modern rooms met your expectations. Our Junior Suites with a view over the beautiful Old Botanical Garden with a size of 48 m2

Due to the great location of The Charles Hotel our guests have the opportunity to explore the most beautiful city of Bavaria and its shopping district in a very comfortable way as it is only a short walk to the Munich Central Station. Furthermore you can take a break from everyday life and you can experience the harmony of simple luxury in the Old Botanical Garden.

It is great that you had not only the opportunity to enjoy our broad and luxurious breakfast buffet but also our exquisite selection of Mediterranean food at our Restaurant DAVVERO. In this regard we would also like to thank you for highlighting our excellent staff in the restaurant as well as at the concierge desk. Your entire satisfaction is exactly what we are working for.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you soon again at The Charles Hotel in Munich. If there is anything to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please feel free to contact us at anytime (mun-executive@roccofortehotels.com).
With best regards,

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently return to the Charles in Munich and got a good deal because of a German holiday. I really like their cool, understated design and their fantastic staff. Their breakfast buffet offers everything you like and I had a great lunch there (they offer a choice of meals plus a anti-pasti buffet for lunch).I enjoyed their SPA with excellent treatments and a very nice pool. I will certainly return to the Charles, my favourite hotel in Munich, as long as they provide affordable rates (which is unfortunately often not the case)

Room Tip: If you choose a room facing the inner courtyard, you can open the window without hearing any noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Above all we would like to thank you for your kind feedback and the time you took to share your impressions on tripadvisor.com. It was a pleasure to welcome you back!

We are very delighted to hear that all of our services were to your entire satisfaction. Our philosophy is “the art of simple luxury”. Therefore The Charles Hotel offers not only these spacious and modern rooms but also this luxurious and fine selection of food at the breakfast buffet and in the Mediterranean Restaurant DAVVERO with Chef, Giovanni Russo.

It is great to hear that you spend also a good time in our 800 m2 The Charles Spa – with one of the biggest hotel indoor pools in Munich - and that you enjoyed some excellent treatments as well.

From time to time, we offer very attractive packages - please have a look at our homepage. It would be a pleasure to welcome you at The Charles Hotel in Munich soon again.

Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I spent almost 7 days in the Charles Hotel Munich with my all Family. So, you belive or not - it is up to you - I really enjoyed. I enjoyed cause my Family - especially my kids - 8 and 3 years - they loved to be there - the staff was wonderfull - the spa area - the swimming pool excellent for kids. What a nice atmosphere when the staff are meeting and inviting you to have breakfast. Dinner - we had 4 times Dinner there - and the Kids enjoyed - choose for them not from Kid's menu - try from General menu - and explain to the staff what your kids want - they do by your wish !!!
What a Cheesburger they have and hot chockolates !!! Ask Klaus from the Bar - he will prepare on a very high level !!!
If you have a question what to do in Munich or some other wishes you have - do not go to Google search - ask Concierge - if you have a chance to speak with Head Concierge Heidi Velz - you feel that you know her for a long time !!!
thank you very much. And please do not check my grammar in English - may be I made a mistake... but anyway - I wanted to express my feelings after my stay and I did it and THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THE CHARLES MUNICH !!!

Room Tip: rooms on the all level are quite well equiped and causy. if you feel that it is a bit cold, call to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your great feedback and the time you took to share your impressions on tripadvisor.com.

Your review makes us very proud and of course we shared your warm words immediately with the entire team – especially Klaus and Heidi are more than delighted.
It was a pleasure for us to welcome you and your family at The Charles Hotel and we are very pleased that we already had the chance to get in contact with you personally.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family at The Charles Hotel in Munich soon again. If there is anything to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact us personally at anytime (mun-executive@roccofortehotels.com).

Jersey City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I really wanted to like this hotel but unfortunately the service felt really short. When I was greeted for check in, somehow the receptionist was telling us so many restriction on what we cannot do and what we need to watch out instead of making us feel comfortable staying there. They may have experienced issue with other customer and they may wanted to avoid the same but it was not nice way to start our stay. I found that all the stuff there were stiff and cold. No friendly and personal service. My room was missing water ( suppose to have a complimentary bottle of water) and body shampoo. Also, two of us stayed there but they told us we needed to pay for the 2nd bottle. When I asked for wake up call, they asked me if I want wake up coffee. I thought it's a service as they did not say a price and it's often complimentary in UK to bring wake up tea but I was charged later. The worst experience was that when I need to use bathroom in the lobby(the location is below lobby though), the door did not open and I was locked into a bathroom. I screamed and knocked the door but no one came. Unlike bathroom in US where there is a space between floor and door or ceiling and door, I was totally locked in and no way to escape. It was such a horrifying experience. The lock was not on but the door was just stucked so unable to open or escape. I felt sick for stuck in a closed bathroom where no one came and no place to escape. I got panicked and kicked the door so hard for many time then finally the door was open and I could leave the bathroom. Imagine. You are in foreign country and totally locked down and unable to escape. Horrible and scarely experience.

• Stayed November 2012
Direktionsbuero, Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest words on the online portal Tripadvisor.

We feel very sorry to read such an unpleasant feedback, which surprised us by the fact that we have not had any similar situation in the past and were not be informed about the described situation during your stay.

Therefore, unfortunately we have not had the chance yet to get in contact with you personally. We kindly ask you to get in contact with us directly to follow-up on this critical incident immediately. Please refer to lspitaler@roccoforthotels.com.

We deeply regret that you had to leave with such a bad feeling and would really like to apologize for the caused inconvenience.

Thank you in advance.