“Great hotel in munich” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bayerstrasse 47, 80335 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #74 of 385 Hotels in Munich
“Great hotel in munich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. This is the best hotel I ever stayed in munich ever.
The woman in the front desk was very wellcoming, gave all the information I had to know. The room is really big and have everything you need in it. Also it is near hauptbahnhof it is still quite in the room. It was 35 degrees celsious this day and the aircondndition worked perfectly. The room is very very clean and the bed is so comfortble! Breakfast is from 6:00 which is very important if you leave early for the airport. A lot of shops and restaurants in the area. I ate dinner in the hotel and it was delicious with good price. A very intimate feeling in the restaurant.
I am for sure visit this hotel the next time. I also recommend this chain. I stayed in this chain hotels also in Vienna and Frankfurt.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Michalstern,

wow, thank you very much for your gorgeous feedback! It´s good to know, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We´re looking forward to welcomeing you back to one of our Fleming´s Hotels soon!

Kathrin Weiß

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spent 5 lovely days here with my wife. Check in was fast and friendly. Room spotless and we both loved the shower! Breakfast although not the biggest selection I’ve seen, it was one of the nicest breakfast, as it had everything we wanted and hot stuff cooked to order. All the staff was very friendly and eager to look after your every need. Gym was better than expecting; had a good range of modern equipment (please put a photo on web sites). Wellness area was cosy and quite during our stay. Wireless was weird they give you a free ticket which gives 10 hours access. If you leave your equipment on you will have to return to reception for another ticket. But turn off you Wi-Fi and it will last forever! Internet speed was slow but I know they are addressing this soon! If you need anything like an extra pillow just ask and they will bring one up to you. Didn’t spot any ‘hotel information sheet’ (not that we needed it). Location across from railway station is perfect. We plan to return one day soon.

Room Tip: Just ask if something missing or not right for you
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear CliveCox,

thank you very much for your brilliant feedback!
We´re more than happy, that you and your wife enjoyed the stay with us!

Hopefully we may welcome you back to Munich soo!

Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

It was my first time in Munich so I wanted to enjoy the city as much as I could. But unfortunately there were a few problems with the hotel that ruined my day. The hotel is located very central and the rooms are nice and quiet I must say. If the following problems to be fixed i shall stay there again. Here is what happened.. In the morning I ordered a boiled egg for my breakfast but I received a fried egg and that is after I reminded the waiter about my order 20 minutes later. Ok I can live with that, that's not a problem. Second bad experience is that when I got in lift and selected the floor I wanted to go, the lift door closed as normal but it opened again everytime then I had to close it using the button. That was annoying. The actual bad experience for me was that, the room door card did not work. I asked reception to fix it, i went up again all the way using trouble lift to find out the card was working. So I had to go down and ask them to fix it again, the manager was present she offered to go up with me when I expressed my concerns the door may not work this time neither. Unfortunately I was right, it didn't work. Manager told me she believed the door had an empty battery she would have it fixed soon. I suggested that they note down the date when they replace batteries for every door so they can be changed in time preventing troubles like I experienced. Manager was very apologetic but the entire experience on the same day was overwhelming for me so I decided to not book another day to see the rest of Munich which was a shame. Some may call me a wimp but we live in technology age so troubles with lift door and room door could have been prevented..

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear faruuk76,

thank you very much for your feedback here on tripadvisor.
Fortunately we were able to discuss the problems you had face to face in the hotel.

As I promised you, we fixed the door of your room immediately and the elevator was serviced by Thyssen Krupp a few days after you left.

Maybe we may welcome you back to our hotel sometime. I would be happy if you would tell me under k.weiss@flemings-hotels.com. Than we can arrange everything for a perfect stay for you.

Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel is nice and well located, close to the main train station and to the center with many shopping, sightseeing and dining possibilities. The room was nice and clean, the glass shower walls may be a bit disturbing if you do not travel alone or with your partner, but for me ok. The sleeping quality was good, the room was quiet, I like harder mattress and do not use the pillow (very soft here). Each day I found 3 apples on the table. The breakfast was fine, the staff was kind, wifi working well. I do not give full rating because: The room was a bit chilly, I tried to increase the temperature, but was not working, maybe it was controlled centrally. I would appreciate tea making amenities, but otherwise the room was equipped very well. We booked a meeting room, but there was no beamer. We had to pay extra (not small) fee for renting it. It was a bit surprising, as I can not imagine a meeting without a projector.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear zuzkazuz,

you gave us Feedback here on tripadvisor. Thank you very much for your time and effort.
We´re happy that you enyojed your stay with us.
We´re not controlling the heating centrally. Directly after reading your feedback we sent our technician to check all the heatings underneath the window. Because the airconditioning does no heating, only cooling.

Hopefully we may welcome you back some time.

Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I really wanted to give this hotel 5 stars. There are so many nice things going for it: the rooms are cozy and nice, feel a lot more homey than a hotel, the glass shower is an interesting design twist, the free mini bar I got upon check-in, amazing breakfast every morning and very friendly and helpful staff. The location is also great - right across from the main train station (be mindful, it is a train station after all), and a 7 minute walk from the old center.

But guys, you got to fix your wi-fi! I stayed here for business for 3 weeks and internet does not exist in this place. What is it with these archaic print out receipts and codes you have to enter every time you need to connect? But even besides that, it is simply not working! Every time I called the reception they would tell me they cannot fix anything, because too many people are using the internet at the moment. It is a small hotel. Change the server, the provider, increase the capacity - I don't know. On three occasions I had to spend about 40 minutes just to send a simple work email. Last time I actually walked across the street to use free wi-fi in the neighboring hotel. This is not acceptable.

But if you travel here for pleasure and can care less about internet connection, this is a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kate H,

thank you for your great feedback here on tripadvisor.
We´re happy, that you enyojed your stay with Fleming´s.
In a short while we will have a glass fiber cabel connection for our wifi. Besides this, two of our Fleming´s Hotels are testing new wifi types which make the use more convenient for our guests.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

A lovely hotel with nice clean modern rooms and all amenities. Very close to the Hauptbahnhof (Main train station) and convenient for walking to the city center. Staff was friendly and helpful and we had everything we needed. Very nice rooms with comfortable beds, nice bedding, and beautiful bathrooms (big shower!). Nice big tv and good wifi signal. Very nice, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ikelsey,

what a fabulous feedback! Thank you!
Great, that you enyojed your stay with us.

Hope to see you back in Munich soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Please plan on visiting this hotel. We traveled from Las Vegas, where hotels are unique amongst themselves until you travel away from there. The hotel check in was pleasant. I was recognized and addressed by my name. This. Des not happen in many places in the states. The hotel is across from the railway station and very convenient to the marienpltz. The room was clean and comfortable. Guests need to look past the shower being glass. We found it interesting and refreshing. The water temp was great but most of all,the inner rooms were extremely quiet. I do not sleep easy with a lot of noise, and there was none! And that was with the window open! Awesome. We will be back. Breakfast! Awesome as well. We enjoyed the meals, the staff, and the facility.not five stars, but every bit of a four and a half. In my book a five star, but I don't do the ratings. Only one concern. Which I will admit was my own, I needed extra pillows and did not feel like dealing with it the first night. Second night. Had what I needed by simply asking. Thanks Flemings. You made a trip memorable.

Room Tip: Clean, safe and convenient. Make it a stop.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mgruen,

wow, what a great feedback! Thank you very much!
We´re more than happy, that you liked our Fleming´s Style and that you enyojed your stay with us!

Hopefully we may welcome you back to our hotel in Munich soon.

Kathrin Weiß

Been to Fleming's Hotel Munich City? Share your experiences!