“Good pick in the middle of the city” 4 of 5 stars

Fleming's Hotel Munich City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bayerstrasse 47, 80335 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #66 of 378 Hotels in Munich
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Good pick in the middle of the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice modern large rooms
Good location just across hauptbanhof (central station) and walking distance
to Marienplatz, Karlsplatz and lots of restaurants brewhouses and shopping.
Curtious and friendly staff

Not free wireless wich is bad at a hotel in this class
Missing that something "special" to get an extra star

Recommended both for business and holiday.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear FoodVagabond,

thank you for your feedback!

We´re happy, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Just let me say one thing: Who told you, that our Wifi is charged for?

Of course our Wifi is FREE (!!) of any charges. You just need to get a code for that at the front desk.

Maybe you can try our free wifi within your next stay.

Kathrin Weiß

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the hotel during Oktoberfest & ExpoReal exhibition. The hotel is centrally located in Munich close to main metro lines & railway station. And what is also very good is that there’s no noise from the railway station! Munich sightseeing are in walking distance from the hotel. I also liked the restaurant of Fleming’s hotel - it's very cozy and offers excellent dishes. Try grilled tuna steak or salmon steak. They also can prepare very nice omelet in the morning, especially if you ask to add some tomatoes. The personnel is always ready to help you. All the rooms are modern and stylish. Wifi works everywhere although you’ll have to ask for a new login & password every day. But there’s no need to go to the reception - they will tell you a login & password by phone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nyurita,

thank you very much for your feedback here on tripadvisor.

We´re very happy, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Ashley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here on business a couple of times. Rooms are very nice with modern large shower unit in bedroom.
Wifi is free but you have to register a few time to make sure you can keep using it. There is a nice cafe and resurant on the ground floor for breakfast and evening meals. Food was very good. We eat in rather than find other places a few times.
We do not stay now as prices have increased a lot and are far above our business budgets, which is a shame. Also, they often will not take a booking for less than 4 or 5 nights during trade show periods, which is very restrictive. We try to only stay 3 or 4 nights so again they will not take bookings.
We first stayed January 2010, again 2011.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sally E,

thank you for your feedback. Great, that you enjoyed your stay here in our Fleming´s Hotel.

Did you make your bookings directly through Fleming´s? If you have a question within your next booking, do not hesitate to contact me under k.weiss@flemings-hotels.com.

I´m looking forward to hearing from you.

Natal, RN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is confotable and the location is good. You have easy access to tram and metro.
I dont like the bathroom. It's too small, and the walls are made of glas, and don't have a good isolation from the rest of the room.
The employees are very kind and help at any situation at the front desk as at the restaurant or the bar.
The breakfast is superb, with lots of options

Room Tip: If you get the front room you can take a good look of the street but if o let the window a little op...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JORGE C C,

thank you for your great feedback here on tripadvisor.

Maybe we can offer a room for your next stay, where you can not see the shower directly from the bed. Wether you ask for this in advance or you just ask our front desk staff.

Great that you had a good day´s start with our Fleming´s Breakfast.

Hope to see you back in Munich soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here on our way to Milano, as we had taken the train into Munich from Paris and the hotel was easily accessible from the central S-bahn station. Check-in was pleasant and a breeze thanks to the courteous front desk staff. She was very friendly and helpful with our questions about what to see, and how to get there. She took out the Munich map and circled the point of interests for us.

Our room was OK and overlooked a courtyard so it was quiet. It was clean and spacious and there were cookies and fresh fruit (mandarins) for us. The wifi worked fine throughout our stay, I just had to re-entered the password every time when I closed the Ipad and reopened it. The glassed shower kindda in the middle of the room, but it was nicely designed with good water pressure.

However, the beds mattresses were very a bit too firm / hard for my liking, I couldn't have a proper sleep due to firmness to the bed.

We were within walking distance of the famous Marienplatz, and walked though the Christmas market stalls which were near the metro. We also enjoyed a our lunch in the beerhall near the Marienplatz, good food and very good beer at a very reasonable prices.

The breakfast buffet was good, we could ordered coffee, eggs and bacon in addition to all of the offerings on the buffet.

My husband was having a cold so I went back to the bar and ask for a cup of tea.
No problem M'dam, and I was given a nice piping hot cup of tea to take to our room for my husband. Thankyou hotel Fleming's my husband felt a lots better after he had that cup of hot tea.

I enjoyed our stay at the Fleming's hotel, and can recommend this hotel to my friends on their trip to Munich due to friendlessness of the hotel staff, and the proximity to Munich's main train station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Just_Giang,

thank you very much for your excellent feedback here on tripadvisor.

We´re more than happy, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully your husband is in health again.

Just let us know a few days in advance, when your staying with us next. We can prepair the mattress to be softer.

We´re looking forward to welcomeing back to munich soon.

London, United kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Dark, dismal rooms with an atmosphere to match. Highlight was housekeeping leaving my window open all day with weather outside at -4 and snowing. I was freezing. The brasserie is nice and staff very pleasant but the Hotel part of the complex needs a serious makeover and at euro 268 a night simply laughable.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brydon_n,

thank you very much for giving us a feedbak here on tripadvisor.

We really would like to apologize for the room maid who forgot to close the window. We can imagine, that it was not a "warm" welcome when coming back to the room. We talked to all the maids and took measures to not make this happen again in the future.
Your´re writing, that "the Hotel part of the complex needs a serious makeover". Can you tell me a bit more detailed what you mean? I would be happy for getting further information from you. Please contact me under k.weiss@flemings-hotels.com .
I´m looking forward to hearing from you.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here in early December 2012 to visit my brother. My dad also came but had a separate room. There was an initial mix up where they thought we had booked only one room through the third party website. We certainly hadn't as we had even paid for two in advance. It was sorted fairly quickly though.

My room was gigantic, even though a normal price had been paid. I think this was an upgraded room as they had no basic rooms left. I had a huge amount of space and could easily invite my Dad and brother up to chat with no space issues. It was more like a small apartment! My Dad's room was very small in comparison with very little space to move around.

One of the reasons for choosing the hotel was the proximity to the train station and it was very easy to find. It was also within walking distance of the main area and Xmas markets.

The room was very clean and the lighting very modern. The bathroom was cleaned thoroughly and lots of towels were provided.

We did not purchase breakfast and each morning we just went to the train station where we found a good choice of snacks.

The wifi was fast. The only thing was, you had to log on frequently as it kept forgetting the details. My dad never got the wifi to work in his room but it worked fine with my ipad and iphone.

The showers are quite novel and I would not be comfortable staying with someone other than a long term partner in the rooms so watch out for this!

The one thing that did annoy me was the hotel has a price promise that if you find a rate cheaper than theirs, they will match it and give a further 10% off. I did find a cheaper rate on a 3rd party site but when I rang them, they wouldn't honour the price promise, saying the rooms were not available. There was still availability on the 3rd party website so we booked there. I think this is a sneaky way of getting around the promise.

Overall however, I did really like this hotel and cost a lot less than similar alternatives so would likely return if going to Munich again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rachie1234,

thank you for taking the time and giving us such a great feedback here on tripadvisor.
You enjoyed your stay with us... that´s really what we´re working for.
Regarding the price promise, can you give me a few more details, please? I would really like to check this again. Please let me know under k.weiss@flemings-hotels.com .
Thank you in advance.

Kathrin Weiß

Been to Fleming's Hotel Munich City? Share your experiences!