“Good hotel, reasonably priced.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #54 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Nuneaton
“Good hotel, reasonably priced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hotel is is a quiet area but only a short walk into the old town. Room was overlooking a small river. The room was very comfortable with nice desk and good internet access. Parking was easy in basement but 17 euro per day. Large choice for breakfast including freshly cooked eggs and omelettes, very high quality. The only blip was at checkout when I was in a hurry to get to a meeting, only one person on reception and he broke off 3 times to answer phone calls which was both inconvenient and rude. After about 15 minutes I managed to have paid and there was a huge queue behind me at reception. I did ask if he could not take any more calls, he explained that other person was "at lunch" (at 11.00). This is no real excuse for poor service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wiesbaden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at the Novotel in Munich in NOV 2012, for 3 nights Thur, Fri, Sat, paying about $200/night which included breakfasts for me, the wife, and our two young children and the VAT taxes. I liked the location as it was just outside the downtown area, and quite close to the S train lines. There is also a grocery store right nearby (called Hit). The rooms were clean but small - which was fine as we didn't spend too much time there. The "wellness" area is excellent. There was a small pool which was never crowded, a sauna, and a steam room. We didn't use the internet so I can't comment on that. The included breakfast meal buffet was impressive. A good value. The one negative for the hotel is I don't recommend eating at the restaurant for dinner. The portions are small for the prices you pay, and it wasn't as good as I expected. We ordered a large water. The price wasn't listed but I figured we would pay 3 euro perhaps. I was quite surprised when we ended up paying 7.90 euro (over $10) for a 1 liter bottle of water. This same water could be purchased for less than 1 euro at the grocery nearby - heck I paid less for a 1 liter beer at the Hofbrauhaus. Like I said, good hotel, great location, good breakfast, just don't eat there for dinner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very pleasant place for a short stopover in Munich. A short walk to the S-Bahn, connecting you quickly to the city centre. The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful (with city centre maps and advice on where to eat etc). The rooms are, as you would expect for a hotel at this price, very good, although we experienced some early morning noise from lorries loading behind the hotel, which wasn't great. The pool is small but a nice to have, and the gym is clean and reasonably well equipped, with good treadmills (which is all I need!). Overall, a pleasant stay and I would happily go back in future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel to avoid the noise from lorries.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is around the corner from the City Hilton where I usually stay, but my companies rate was sold out.

I didn't like this hotel. First only an hour of the internet was free and after that it was chargeable, which is against my company policy and means I can't claim it. Second the pillows were so soft and horrible that I found it really hard to sleep.

The hotel itself is quite modern and the general feel was pretty good. I almost gave this hotel 2 stars, but it was better than the one I just rated in Paris, so I am giving it three.

Just a note - I generally hate hotels that do not have an iron and ironing board in the room. This didn't but it did have an ironing room on the floor and it is was a pretty good standard of iron and ironing board - much better than the usual hotel fare. I'd still prefer one in my room, but this was a good second option.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I often start with the positives, but I am going to make an exception here. WIFI is no longer a "bonus" or a "luxury" it is a necessity. Which means that despite being an excellent hotel in almost every other respect, great value for money, excellent location....I will not stay here again because of the infuriating wifi. For starters, 9 euro per day is an absolute ripoff - it should be free like the shower and toiet, and those hotels who continue to charge ludicrous amounts will suffer for it in bookings. Secondly, when I have to write this review sitting in the corridor of my room, near the front door to get service, this is simply not good enough enough and is making me angry as my poor rear turns blue from the hard surface. If I can't prop myself up in bed and use my ipad, then it is just not good enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially as I am paying for the service in the first place. All my holiday has been booked online and I make changes and book new things each night so I NEED WIFI as a necessity not as a luxury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was offered to change rooms...............the suggestion being that I stroll the corridor until I find a good signal..............which was never going to work because even my room has excellent service at the front door so I was never going to know for sure. The fact that the front desk admitted that "some rooms do have a wifi problem" indicates tat they know about this issue and have done clearly not enough to rectify the issue. NOW apart from this "hotel killer" issue, the place is perfect. A little hot and one cant control the temperature (we have tried and have now resorted to opening the window at night (and its winter). But really all else is great. The English speaking staff have been really nice - especially the bar staff who are 6 stars - their service is as good as any top line hotel Ive stayed in. So if you don't need wifi - this is the perfect hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is guaranteed wifi signal as far as the bed!!!!!!!!!!! Sitting in the little cor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The price was higher than usual (a lot!) because there was a large conference going on at the time of my stay. This habit of raising prices by more than double when demand goes up is very unhelpful for business travellers, as we need consistency in pricing.

Otherwise, the only issue was that the beds in this hotel are too hard, but this is amatter of personal preference!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This has everything a traveler could want. Even a couple of Macs in the lobby free for use. You have to walk a bit to get to the metro - but no problem.
The TVs have no censors - you can turn it on and be viewing an ADULT movie in seconds - so watch out if you are traveling with teens.
There is a good breakfast and a bar. Nice areas to hang out in a courtyard. Absolutely nothing to see, but very comfortable to lay your head down after a long day viewing Munich!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Novotel Munich City? Share your experiences!