“Mixed Feelings - Pleasant Stay But Not 'Comfy'” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Innside by Melia Munich Parkstadt Schwabing

You added Innside by Melia Munich Parkstadt Schwabing to your Saves list
Innside by Melia Munich Parkstadt Schwabing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mies-van-der-Rohe-Strasse 10, 80807 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #78 of 380 Hotels in Munich
London, United Kingdom
“Mixed Feelings - Pleasant Stay But Not 'Comfy'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

You can get an accurate picture of the way this hotel looks by reading the reviews that are already posted here. Yes it's modern, yes it feels new, yes the design is fabulous (all glass and metal) but to be honest the design is better use for photographs. As a hotel it felt cold and empty to me. My room was very spacious which I was grateful for but it had none of the things I needed when I travel... for example:

There was no mirror in my bedroom so if I wanted to straighten my hair the cable wouldn't stretch to the bathroom. Makeup and hair had to be squeezed onto the bathroom sink (yes, I use a lot of product haha) but it was inconvenient. There was no soap!! I was grateful for the shampoo and shower gel in the shower but when I wash my hands I prefer hotels that provide soap at the sink.

I was very excited when I was told that my mini bar was free!!!! What a treat! but when I opened the door to my fridge I found a bottle of water and a diet coke. Don't get me wrong, this was appreciated but I ended up disappointed that I didn't find more and to be honest I would have preferred a well stocked fridge that I would have been happy to pay for.

Another thing that disappointed me was the European approach to bedding. 2 x single duvets that do not cover you sufficiently unless you lay them side by side (then they part and you are cold all down one side) or horizontally side by side (then they part and either your legs or your head is cold). Not ideal, not comfy and not easy to stay asleep. I know that this is a cultural norm but it does make me want to book an American owned hotel next time. I have to say however, that the pillows were incredibly comfortable and although the duvets didn't cover me they were very nice quality.

I was very grateful for some other things that I should mention to the business traveller: taxis - there were many taxis coming and going from this hotel and surrounding area and my taxi driver from the airport knew the hotel. This is not always the case when you travel. It was pricey though, 52 euros from the airport.

I was also grateful for room service. There was a great choice available and the hotel breakfast was excellent, both hot and cold. Trust me, food is not always available in European hotels, sometimes no room service, sometimes only continental breakfast. If you stay with Innside you will get fed! Breakfast was pricey at 21 euros but show me a hotel in London that isn't :)

There are a number of very well known businesses on this hotel complex that you can reach on foot in less than 10 minutes. Apparently the hotel runs a shuttle to the airport but I was only aware of this when I read it in my room by which time it was too late.

Room Tip: Ask for a double duvet or request extra single duvets to keep warm when they move at night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed here with my 12 years old daughter, and it was very disappointing.
The hallway is totally empty and is brightly lit with cold florescent light.
All the furniture in the room are pained silver, with sharp edges, and I even hit my leg in the corner of the bed. The only other color in the room is green.
The bathroom has no door (!!) so I could not take a shower until the room service was done.
I then went to take a shower and found that the shower light is on timer and the most you can set it is to 16 minutes. I had to come out of the shower in order to turn it on again, as I did not finish my shower.
The service in the restaurant was slow, although it had less then 15 people eating at the time. Maybe because it is overly expensive. I paid 22 euros for uncooked ravioli which were not edible. I thought of asking the waiter to return them to the kitchen, but no waiter came for half an hour, so we finally went to the cashier, paid and left.
There is free minibar with cold drinks, but no tea and coffee making facilities, and in the snowy winter this would have been nice to have.

Room Tip: rooms facing the front are quiter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The first thing you notice about this hotel is it's modern design. The layout and modern design are amazing. It was so impressive we immediately whipped out our cameras. As expected with modern design everything was incredibly clean. The personnel was very friendly and helpful. Their were so many choices for breakfast and the food was fantastic. Close to the station as well. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We booked hotel not having much of an idea as to where we were staying in munuch, but this place was amazing! The tram is a very short walk and they run every ten minutes till 1.30 am! We found this a great comfortable basemin which to explore Munich. The area is quiet and not busy.

The rooms are spacious and modern was a great feel! Additionally the hotel staff are incredibly friendly and really helpful!

We found this a great place to stay and would go again with out a doubt!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

It's geared for business people with expense accounts, rather than families on vacation. It's not central to any touring sites by foot. It is easy off the main road, so it's easy to get to. We also stayed in the Innside in Dresden and thought that Dresden was a little better!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel last week. It is a good 4 star hotel, clean and stylish. The staff is friendly especially Kamal in the breakfast time; he is superb.
The rooms have nice minimalist decor and are clean with the bathroom in almost a glass cube. But here are the negative things: the location is far from the downtown and you need to walk from 5-10 minutes to reach the tube station (U Bahn) according to your pace of walking.
It is a bit pricey and I noticed that the AC was not working, even in my colleagues' rooms but the only thing the staff did about that was offering you another blanket.
The quilt is short!! That was disturbing to me.
The minibar contains two small bottles of coke and two small water bottles, and a small juice bottle. That was all, but it was free of charge.
They offered me only one towel for bathing and another for the face and hands; they could've given me a couple of both which would have been better.
The door key card was not working every night so they gave me a hard key instead!
All in all, it was a good hotel, but could've been better.

• Stayed November 2013
Munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

It is a very good hotel, well located for our job at the M,O,C, nice and modern rooms, excellent breakfast, good mini gym and nice wellness area. I like this hotel very much and have been there for 6 times.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Been to Innside by Melia Munich Parkstadt Schwabing? Share your experiences!