“An unexpected delight” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 2,914 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: You want a"Italian trip" with delicious delicacy in your lunch break?Whether on-site or us to go:If you love Italian way of life, do not need to travel - just come to us.We offer specialties from Sicily and Puglia (a small selection from our offer :)Pasta with eggplant in tomato saucePizza with Bressaola, rocket, parmesan and lemonCannolli sicilianiOr would you prefer a homemade Italian Tramisù, plus a delicious authentic Italian espresso?Enjoy our meals on site or take a piece of Italy to your home or office.Customers can save time and money by short ways.Can enjoy try and buy the same for me.Well-being, quality, safety.Authentic, natural, Sicilian and Italian food family recipes.
Bozeman, Montana
“An unexpected delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had a great time at this restaurant. Salvatore, the owner, was our waiter. He is spunky, but very kind as well. I had the Penne Arabiatta, and it was wonderful. I have since had the same pasta dish at a few places, but none have matched up to the quality of Osteria. I also had bruschetta and tiramisu. The tiramisu was not as good as I had hoped, but the bruschetta was better than I had hoped, so it made up for it. I also stole some of my boyfriend's chocolate souffle. It was to die for. Honestly, the appearance of the place and my first impression of the owner made me think the meal would not be very good, but I was happily mistaken.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Overijssel
“Ein wahrer Geheimtipp (hidden gem)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visited this restaurant on a Sunday evening in May. The owner was curious why we had chosen his restaurant. I told him about the good reviews on TA and he had never heard of it. :)

The reason this restaurant has such a high ranking in my opinion is the value for money. All the starters and main dishes were below EUR 10,-. The quality of the products is very good and the owner is very friendly.

Tip: Bring cash as credit cards are not accepted.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A hidden gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We are an American couple who found Osteria Da Salvatore while looking for Italian food in Munich on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed at all!! Salvatore seated us himself and had great conversations with us and all of the other customers - very hospitable! They have menus in English and German which was very helpful for us. My husband and I both ordered glasses of white wine, my husband ordered the Lasagna and I got the Bolognese Spaghetti and the portions were very large and filling!! The price on all of the food is very reasonable!!!

The restaurant is a little outside of the city but not a long walk from the subway station. Probably a 5-7 minute walk away from the station and easy to find. The restaurant has a modern interior with wood floors and small Italian art on the walls - very clean.

When we are in Munich again we will definitely go back to Osteria da Salvatore! 10/10 !

• Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Great restaurant away from tourist center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I recently visited this restaurant after seeing the reviews on TA. Our time here was a highlight of our trip to Munich. The prices are reasonable and the food is good. We had a pizza with artichokes and we also ordered bruschetta. The owner and his wife are very friendly and talked to us and we tried to engage in conversation but we dont speak Italian or German unfortunately. Still, it was a great time and nice to converse with the owner. The restaurant is in a nice neighborhood easily accessible from the Ubahn but also far from tourist areas so it is a quieter place. I highly recommend you check it out.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Munich, Germany
“Best Pizza in Munich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Its all about the dough and Sal kills it! Great, relaxed atmosphere and Sal is a great guy to chat with when he has the time. Always a fan of the daily specials and of course the home made tiramisu! Definitely recommend for dine in or take out!

• Visited March 2014