“Modern, new but warm” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Hotel Munich Westpark

Save Saved
You added Angelo Hotel Munich Westpark to your Saves list
Angelo Hotel Munich Westpark
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Albert-Rosshaupter-Str. 45, 81369 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #22 of 378 Hotels in Munich
Holland
“Modern, new but warm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was in Munich for business and i was in principle a bit disappointed as this hotel is not in the city centre where i had my business meetings. The experience was hiwever very positive. The hotel must be very recent, everything looked new, and it was very clean. I arrived late and was efficiently registered so thatbin a few minutes i could be resting in my room.
The room is sufficiently large, well furnished. The beds are very good. Lighting, often a problem in hotels was also good. There was a large flat TV and the air conditioning / heating was good and silent. Excellent to rest and sleep.
The bathroom was large and clean and well furnished with towels ans amenities. The shower was excellent. There was no tub but frankly a good large shower is better and cleaner.
Breakfast was good, with warm and cold food and some fruit though the vegetable part could beimproved. One of the days staff seemed to be not capable of handling the rush hour but even in these conditions they were polite and helpful.
Location as said is outside the city centre. A metro station seems to be near the hotel but i used taxis that came promptly when called by the hotel.
Price was good for the quality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oberursel (Taunus), Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is about 12 months old - still has the newness in all areas. We had a junior suite, small entrance room, reasonable bedroom, very good breakfast, professional, friendly staff, good evening meal all during a weekend stay on a TravelZoo special deal, which made it feel like a bargain. Easy to get to on the S7 from the hauptbahnhof, but don't come for the party - the neighbourhood is very quiet. There is one Italian restaurant towards the S and U station, and a Bavarian place (see my review) in the opposite direction, but not much else within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a warm and comfortable hotel, in the Harras area of Munich, and thus a bit far from the action for me. Whilst getting into town is not difficult, it is tedious, and I would generally prefer to be in the city centre.

This being said, I enjoyed my stay. The staff were most obliging when I showed up very early, and found me a room straight away. The rooms are large, with nice bathrooms and a bit of space, and we will get to the decor later, but the beds are firm. The breakfast is ok, all a bit dried out for me, and not much fruit, with good baked goods. Internet connection is adequate, though the free service no good for sending larger files, and you will have to cough up for something better, which I think is unacceptable. I used the cardio machines and sauna on one occasion, and whilst limited, they were very pleasant.

The really distinctive feature of this hotel is the decor. If you dislike red, or feel it too aggressive, then you will hate this place. If you are a blue person, then I suggest going elsewhere, as the dominance of the red/black/yellow thing is quite something. However, in a world where most hotels look exactly the same, I rather liked the script on the carpet and the transparent lights, and whilst the ambience can be a bit threatening, overall it seems to work. Look for a complete redesign in 5 years when this looks rather dated, but for the moment it is a bold statement even if, for me, in the wrong place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lausanne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was in Munich on 10th n 11th Oct and I stayed at the new hotel ANGELO. I must admit I was more than satisfied with their service and standards. I recommend this hotel for business travellers. Its very well located ( only 400 yards from the HARRAS underground station).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel has a pretty convenient location with free street parking and a paid parking option. Clean and new colorful design.
It is a huge hotel with endless halls to walk, yet the standard rooms are quite small, they could barely hold the crib for my son. Another big problem is that the bathroom has no bath tub, shower only, not good for the kid...
I used the gym and sauna facilities: small but very clean and well thought out.
Breakfast was really good, despite the lack of attention of waiters towards finding clean tables for the arriving customers.

On the last day, as we were checking out, there was a nasty smell of sewer throughout the ground floor and reception, no explanation...

Also note that the internet connection through WiFi is free, but extremely tedious and frustrating: it is regimented like I have never seen anywhere else: you need to login every hour with your name and room number, you are limited to 2 devices (hello, we are in 2013 and there are a lot of phones and devices to connect!!) and the minute you check out, no more connection!! Oh and it is painfully slow, just good enough for email. So you have been warned..

I did not pick this hotel, this was a priceline bid, and I have to say, it is pretty good overall, but there are these flaws in execution that made the stay quite unpleasant...

Room Tip: awfully long halls to walk, try to get a room close to the elevators...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
angelo_Designhotel, Geschäftsführer at Angelo Hotel Munich Westpark, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear User FPinchon,

thank you very much for your comment. Not all our guests take their time to provide us with such detailed feedback and we are especially grateful.

We are improving our services continuously and therefore forwarded your comment to our heads of departments. We are reliant on our guests feedback and therefore will gladly discuss your suggestions.

Dear User FPinchon, we would be glad to welcome you once more at our angelo Hotel Munich Westpark.

Kind regards

Marcel Koburger
General Manager & the angelo team
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had an EXCELLENT stay at the Angelo Hotel Munich Westpark. The staff was very helpful and nice all the time, the room was very comfortable and breakfast was very good.
It has a tram, subway and train station very near and in 5 minutes you are in Marienplatz.
We definitely recommend this Hotel for a nice and comfortable stay in beautiful Munich.
O.G.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just back after three nights at the Angelo Westpark with my wife and would stay there again with no hesitation. It's bright and colourful, with friendly staff and excellent breakfasts.

The staff did always assume we were German before apologising and talking English, but that's more our fault for travelling to a country and not knowing the language.

The hotel is clearly used a lot by business people and companies, but don't let that put you off. The whole place was spotless.

Our room, although a long walk from reception (room 366, furthest away possible), was very clean and bright with an excellent bathroom and walk in shower. Some may moan about the lack of English TV channels, but I didn't go to Munich to watch television.

We didn't eat in the restaurant, but the food in the bar was great. We ordered a pizza late at night after arrival and it was well worth the money.

The hotel is also a five min walk from Harras underground station so it's really easy to get in and out of town. You're five stops from Marienplatz, which takes around 10 mins.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear User Gee D.,

thank you very much for your feedback. Your comment is a great support in consistently testing our facilities and service.

We are really glad that you liked our bright and colorful design as well as the location close to Harras station. Furthermore we want to hank you for your comment on our friendly staff.

We would be glad to welcome you once more at our angelo Hotel Munich Westpark.

Kind regards

Marcel Koburger
General Manager & das gesamte angelo Team

Been to Angelo Hotel Munich Westpark? Share your experiences!