“Great Location, quirky room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #17 of 383 hotels in Munich
DC971
“Great Location, quirky room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. This hotel is in a great location at the train station for access to all of Munich. If you do not want to book breakfast in the hotel there are plenty of options at the station. The staff were helpful, we did not eat in the hotel but had a drink in the bar on the first night, sadly didn't return as they charged 17 euros yes 17 euros for a glass of red wine (German)
I booked a junior suite which sadly overlooked the station roof. The room was unusual on 2 floors with a lounge area and toilet downstairs and bed and en suite upstairs. It was fine but the en suite bathroom is far too small, you cannot move around without bumping a door or wall, no bath and just a shower. I would return to this hotel again but would research the room options before I booked. A big plus for me was the soundproofing was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

For future bookings please don't hesitate to contact our reservations team who will be glad to help you find the perfect room for you.

I am already looking forward to welcoming you again.

2,088 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Greek first
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for a second time in a row when visiting Munich. First time was in August and second this September. The location is very central as many other reviewers say, but there is a very sketchy and at night could be very scary spot on the way to or from hotel. It is right near the Main Central Station & Post Office where all the junkies hang out, so please be very careful. Sofitel itself is a beautiful building with all the amenities and design you would appreciate as a guest. ISA bar is awesome for an evening cocktail and snacks. The bar people really know what they are doing. The Delice restaurant is ok and did work for us when we were too lazy to go back to town for a dinner after shopping all day. The So Spa area is great. They have small GYM, a really cool looking pool with a great design, relaxing beds, steam room, sauna, nude area. All of that is free of charge for a guest use. Massages and spa treatments are extra, but reasonably priced. When checked-in we had to decline the first room was offered to us, because of an awful smell of smokes in it. And right on the coffee table there was a sign of a non-smoking room! But there is no doubt somebody was smoking in that room for days. So we had to move to a different room, which was ok with us. Our room was small but very cosy.I liked the style and colors of it. There was a coffee machine, so I enjoyed a free of charge fresh and delicious coffee every morning. They also provide you with a bottle of water also free of charge every day, which is very nice. I really have only two main complaints. First, is a bed. The bed is a two little beds pulled together. Well sometimes it works, you say, not in their case. They should make them differently at least.Maybe put one sheet over two beds and not each little bed separately.Or maybe fix them together on the floor somehow, so they won't spread apart at night. Every morning we had a hole between us. Second, the first time I stayed I have noticed that housekeeping had their own schedule on when to clean my room.I mean I would be absent all morning up until 2pm and when I was back nobody had been to my room. Of course when I was back from town I needed a 30 minute rest, so I had put a Do not Disturb sign out. Right after I did it a TV message appeared , that nobody cleaned my room because I had a sign out. What a joke... Well I got a couple of these. I wasn't going to mention it after my first stay, but now when I have stayed there two times I know for sure it was not just a overwhelmed season for them back in August it is a normal practice. To clean or not to clean... There is always a room for improvement. The stuff was always friendly and helpful tho. Overall I enjoyed Sofitel very much and would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear guest,

It is great to hear that we could already welcome you for the second time at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost to a wonderful stay. Of course, being located right next to Munich’s central train station has as well advantages as disadvantages. On the latter, we are working together with the station management and the city of Munich.

Most important to us is to make our guests feel (almost) at home. Therefore we paid special attention to making each place in our hotel comfortable and to design everything according to our guests wishes. Thank you very much for appreciating our efforts.

I also thank you for your hints. We are always glad to prepare your bed the way it will suit you best. Just let us know either beforehand or upon arrival if there is anything we may change to make your stay even better.

As you surely can imagine, with 396 rooms, we clean our rooms after a certain system. If we notice that guests have left their room, we use the opportunity to clean it as soon as possible. If not, we are always glad for receiving a call so that we know that housekeeping may enter the room. If nevertheless, cleaning was not possible during the time of absence of the guest, we offer to come back later upon notice. Please understand that we do not enter guest rooms when the do not disturb sign is placed outside.

Thank you again for your comment which we will use to improve our performance.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

One of the best sofitels I have ever stayed at.
Reception was very lovely and the staff were extremely courteous.
Stayed in a luxury room which was cleaned to perfection and was very well designed.
The bed was like sleeping on a cloud.
The spa was also a very nice one; The only negative I have for this hotel is the very small fitness room and the lack of enough equipments.
The Bar is also nice.
Will definitely stay there again if in Munich.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing!

I am alreday looking forward to welcoming you agin soon.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The staff was kind and attentive, the rooms were beautiful, and the location was right down the street from the train station and walking distance to downtown. It was a perfect place to start our European vacation. Nothing negative to say except for the price but it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view room. The room we had faced the train station.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing.

Hotel anager
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Lady and I were booked into the Sofitel in Munchen by Avalon Waterways.
5 Star hotel, 5 Star amenities, 5 Star trip with Avalon.
The location of the hotel cannot be beat if you want to be in the thick of the city.
Right beside the bahnhof, you see the world of Munich go by, the hotel is close to
where a tourist generally wants to be. The staff, the building, the AMAZING showers (look for the sliding mirrors in front of the sink!!!), the place is pretty slick.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for this great feedback. It was a pleasure having you here and to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. The rooms are always a central part of any hotel stay. So, it was very important to us to make them special. Thank you for appreciating our efforts.

I hope that we may welcome you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a five star poroperty in every way possible. The hotel is well designed with large clean rooms and excellent ammenities. Staff are knowledgeable and very helpfull. Location cannot be better, right next to trains and subway, and walking distance to most attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all your kind words. They are the best motivation for us. I hope we may welcome you to another enjoyable stay soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Sofitel Munich Bayerpost? Share your experiences!