“Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #16 of 383 hotels in Munich
“Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the great reviews here, I decided to stay @ Sofitel. Though the prices is abit on the high side, I'm glad I made the right choice. A really nice way to end my trip after travelling in Europe for a month. The location was great cos its nxt to the train station. The ppl hanging ard the station r pretty harmless. In fact, there's alot of eateries at the station. There's direct train which goes to the airport. Main attractions are 2 stations away. You can walk if you want but it was abit too much for me cos it was snowing.

The hotel is new & modern. Room size was ok for me cos I was travelling alone. Love the room design n toilet was awesome. It was kinda weird with the window overlooking the entrance of the rooms on the other side though. Internet speed was ok. Great bar at the lobby.

The reception, housekeeping staff, right down to the doorman, were polite n friendly. The concierge was really outstanding. Its inevitable when ppl fall short in terms of service since there's so many ppl working in hotel. One thing for sure, it has nothing to do with racial discrimination as suggested by some. Cos i'm an Asian and i didnt get any of those crappy service.

Would definitely recommend anyone to stay here. In fact, I will stay here again the nxt time I'm in Munich. Hopefully the rates will be abit more friendly on my pockets since I m usually travelling alone. :)

• Stayed February 2013
Alexander_Moj, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Munich Bayerpost as the final stay of your tour through Europe. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your time in Munich and at our hotel. Thank you very much for recommending us.

It would be great to welcome you again.

2,136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a suite, but we wanted to have twoo separeted beds. Wenn we arrived was already arrenged our request. The prise of the breakfast cost not to chip, but was really very copious. The bar is very populair we didn't get place in it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for recommending Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It was a pleasure to have you here. It is very important to us to make our guests feel (almost) at home.

Our ISArBAR is very popular - not only among our guests but also in Munich itself. The next time you visit I hope you will get the chance to visit it.

Zagnansk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is one of the best hotels we ever stayed in. Staff was very helpful from the very first minute. We were surprised at the reception with an unexpected upgrade from standard to Les Fleurs du Mal suite! :-) Quite a surprise! We still don't know the reason, but we were very happy. Hotel's design immediately draws your attention. Sofisticated, tasteful and discerete modern elegance prevail in all common areas. The suit itself is also modern in its design. Built around a toilet with either transparent or dimmed glass. Fully recommendable for romantic stays. Hi tech lighting design and control, with light scenes, Bose sound system and two LCD tv sets.
Common areas are vast, giving you a great dose of full breath. Elevators are fuge, with mirror walls.
Breakfast was great, again with very helpful staff and great choice of meals.
All in all one of the best stay ever!
Danke!
Mike

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alexander_Moj, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for writing about the great stay you had Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. We always try to surprise our guests and if the booking situation allows - why not with an upgrade to one of our beautiful Opera Suites? Of course, this is was unique situation and I am glad that you enjoyed this exeptional offer.

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Let me start by staying that it is a good hotel in Munich. It offers great accommodation with very good service. The only problem is the price that is more expensive than comparable hotels and that's a shame. Other than that I think I would stay here again if I could get a good deal. Overall a nice stay !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for commenting on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Depending on the time of stay and booking we offer a variety of rate types for our different room categories to best accommodate our guests whishes. Our reservations team is always glad to help finding the best choice for you.

I hope to welcome you agian soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Although the Sofital Munich Bayerpost was right by the train station, it was not loud at all. We didn't hear one train. It was super convenient to walk to the hotel from the train station without having to deal with public transportation. It is also very close to the city center w/o being directly where all the tourists are. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you can find a good rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Alexander_Moj, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for recommending us.

Phuket, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

room is so small for the room rate we paid, view is a joke.. ( our window over looking other rooms entrance.. what a nice view & NOT privacy!) and a wake up call in the morning by a very loud drilling (a huge renovation next door!!??), nice smiles and nice service by many arrogant staffs at reception ( i couldn't get to my own room as i couldn't remember my room number!! instead of helping to check my register name with my passport! no i couldn't get in great!!) and internet is the worst quality ever!!!! never ever stay or recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: the room we stayed are small and not practical at all.. so dont wanna recommend other room types.. a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

I am sorry to hearthat your recent stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost didn't meet your expectations.

Regarding accessing your room, we are applying strict security measures for the safety of our guests and their own belongings. It is unfortunate that you did not feel our staff handled the situation porperly, which we addressed.

It is true that at the moment one of our restaurants is undergoing major construction work to be reopened by the end of May as DÉLiCE - La Brasserie, offering typical French brasserie dishes. This is naturally accompanied by work that cannot be done silently. In consideration of our guests we therefore advised all the construction firms to not start any noise-intenive work before 9 am.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife son and myself were recently staying in the Sofitel for two nights as part of our Europe holiday. I've booked that hotel with the hope to have a quality stay with my family. Unfortunately this hotel turned out to be the least value for money accomodation for the whole trip. Maybe we were expecting too much just arriving from the Raffles in Dubai but I found the rooms way too small for a couple and a small child and I found it a little disturbing that everybody from across the court yard can get a view into that rooms unless you totally darken them with the curtains. This however was not the problem even though thats certainly not five star. What really started to ruin everything though was the construction noise from above us at 7am which didn't stop for 4 hours and staff entering the room whilst we were still in bed. The room didn't get made up that day up until the evening when we returned from the center. The free wifi doesn't work so you have pay. A friend came to pick me up one day and parked for a little while in the hotels parking were I got charged 30 Euros for that. I got charged an extra night because of some computer error which I luckily seen on a bank SMS. The worst though was the reception stuff performance when my wife came home before me and had forgotten her room key. They didn't let her in the room before she was able to confirm with me via phone that it was ok. She has my family name and we checked in together. This is ridiculous in particular because she is Asian and I don't want to make any assumptions. However all in all the only good thing about the place is the location even though there are plenty more hotels in the same area which are less costly. I could not recommend anyone this hotel due to my experience. I normally travel in five star hotels and I'm not used to being treated like that.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing about your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. I am sorry to hear that especially in terms of service we didn’t meet your expectations.

Regarding the size of rooms we offer different categories to best accommodate our guests’ wishes. Our reservations department is always glad to help choosing the best category for your needs. Nevertheless, I thank you for pointing this out. It will help to improve our offers.

I completely agree with you that construction noise can be quite annoying. We are currently redesigning our former bistro to French Brasserie – DÉLiCE - La Brasserie, which will open by the end of May. We have systematically asked all our construction firms not to start noise-intensive work before 9am, so I am sorry that you have heard it earlier than that.

Please rest assured that we addressed these points with the respective managers. Thank you for pointing them out so we can improve.

yours sincerely

Hotel Manager

Let me also apologize for all the other things that went wrong during your stay. I don’t want to mention everything again as it is clear that nothing of this should have happened and that there is no excuse to remedy this.

I nevertheless hope that you will give us another chance to prove that we can do better.

Yours sincerely

Hotel Manager

Been to Sofitel Munich Bayerpost? Share your experiences!