The facility is fine. The price is fair. There's nothing sketchy about the hostel. But clearly, there is nothing special about this hostel. I've been to maybe only 6 hostels throughout Europe and this one would have to be on the bottom or closer to the bottom of my list. I'll lay out the pros and cons for those who don't feel like reading all of my text.
- Very few electrical outlets!!!
This was very annoying. In one lounge room in the lobby there is only one table that you can sit at to connect to an outlet... so you must guard that area or keep an eye on it until the person is finished. In another room next to the bar, there are more outlets however its next to couches and doesn't make it ideal to do work or read and eat at the same time.
In my 4-bed-room there was only one outlet next to a bed that was already taken. That meant I couldn't connect anything next to my bed or area. I had to charge my iPhone next to the bathroom sink. This proved to be frustrating for my entire stay.
- Cleanliness: While for the most part the place was clean, it seemed to me that the housekeeping didn't really clean the bathrooms inside of our own rooms. For 2 days we didn't have any toilet paper which meant I could tell perhaps noone checked this when cleaning (or lack thereof). Also, I had horrible dirty roommates during my stay who would urinate on the toilet and from day to day this was not cleaned. This was disappointing because the bathrooms in the rooms are actually nice and big.
- Noisy. I was on the 2nd floor and could hear the noise from the bar downstairs every night. In fact, as far as sleep quality goes, it was the worst hostel by far. Not only was it noisy downstairs but I had the worst possible roommates ever. God help you if you have any Asian men in your room. They are by far the worst people in my experience of sharing a room with. I would be woken up at 1:00am, 5:00am, and 6:00am every morning.
- Not really an eventful hostel. They didn't really have anything going on other than a bar and very few special activities. In my experience, the best hostels have better staff involvement and activities for the people staying. This was just more of a business/hotel experience versus a "party" hostel, which might be fine for some.
- Wifi is excellent anywhere within the hostel during my stay. This is a big plus. I could connect great while laying on my bed, but remember, it has to be charged as there are no outlets around your bed most likely.
- Big bathrooms within rooms or optional bathrooms in hallway. Good convenience so you don't have to wait.
- Breakfast is a decent deal. 4.50 euro for unlimited juice, coffee, and a basic german breakfast. For the coffee I see that its worth it.
- Location is near Hbf although the websites directions were very confusing and I found it by chance. But it is indeed near the Hbf.
In summary, would I stay here again? Probably not. I would try another hostel with better sleep quality and maybe a little more eventful for the solo traveller.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.