“A busy venue. Standard of cuisine could had been better. Overpriced.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Altes Hackerhaus

Altes Hackerhaus
Sendlinger Strasse 14 | Innenstadt, 80331 Munich, Bavaria, Germany
49-89-2605026
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 129 Activities in Munich
Type: Historic Sites, Breweries, Food & Drink
“A busy venue. Standard of cuisine could had been better. Overpriced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Arrived without making a reservation. Vacant tables sided onto a busy corridor/ thoroughfare. Waitress stated sit where you like. After a considerable amount of time a neighbouring customer handed me their menu. Following another long wait I asked a member of staff whether someone could take my order to which I was given a frozen expression. Later when our main course arrived the meal was nearly cold. The current exchange rate did not help the over inflated costs of food/beverages. The venue obviously take tourist trade for granted. Staff should be taught basic hospitality. Would not recommend.

London, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Food is great and very filling.
This is a must place to eat when in Munich.
Good priced food and drink and there is a good selection to choose from.
Good service and friendly staff

Visited February 2013
Fredericksburg, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Nice alternative to the Hofbrauhas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I'd read good reviews about the Hackerhaus on TA, so had made a note of it. It ended up being very close to both places we stayed in Munich, so we went on three separate occasions. I would give the food a very good rating, we had no complaints there. We tried the schweinhaxe, schnitzel, beef & pork steaks, salads, all done nicely with good sauces. My friend loved the iced kaffee drink for dessert and the apfel strudel was tasty. The atmosphere is what you'd expect from a big Bavarian restaurant, but I thought The Ratzkeller had better ambience and décor. Service was not great, always having to flag down servers for another beer or the bill. Not bad service, just not fantastic service. Obviously we enjoyed it enough to go back three times. :)

Australia
10 attraction reviews
“The worst food I have ever eaten in my life!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The most revolting food experience I have ever had. I think most Germans would be ashamed of this place. I could go on and on but I will just leave it with my opening statement ... seriously of the thousands of restaurants I have been to in over 50 countries, this was the absolute worst.

Visited January 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
18 attraction reviews
“Great food & beer with local ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This restaurant, just a few blocks from Marienplatz, was a bit hard to find due to construction on the buildings surrounding it, but it was worth finding! Several rooms are filled with "nooks and crannies" in which to eat, cozy and fun with a lot of old photos and memorabilia from the hundreds of years it and its brewery have been around. We got German meatloaf, sausage, schnitzel--all three were very good. Buy a bottle of Hacker-Pschorr Munchner Kellerbier and you get the bottle, with its porcelein and metal clip lid--a great souvenier from the bier that's been brewed since 1417. It was our first night in Munich and we felt we'd truly arrived. We highly recommend it.

Visited September 2012