“Gluten Free Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Uhland

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Munich
Hotel Uhland
You added Hotel Uhland to your Saves list
Uhlandstrasse 1, 80336 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #10 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Gluten Free Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

It is really good value for money. Our room, no. 18, was pretty spacious and the bed was exceptionally comfry. Gluten free rolls were provided every breakfast which was great. Twenty minutes stroll into Marienplatz. All the staff were very friendly - a real home from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hotel Uhland is a good value if you want the basics and a great location. We are a family of 4, and I just didn't want to pay for 2 separate yet adjoining rooms in a city where we would spend every day sightseeing and no time at the hotel except for sleeping. Hotel Uhland was very good for that. I had asked for a room that was not recently updated with paint and new carpets since my husband is allergic to the fumes they produce, and they gave me exactly what I wanted. That is very important, because a fancy new room does us no good if hubby gets sick with headaches. There were no fume odors. Yes, our room was very plain, and I would say my first impression of our room was not so good because we are used to something nicer. But again, it was what I asked for, and it was clean and comfortable and fit the whole family. Our only problem with it was that the toilet didn't flush very well. The bathroom was a good size, though. The front desk folks were very helpful and nice.The woman who checked us in went outside to the parking lot to help us find a suitable space for our van. They were all very patient with us and our many questions since we were first-timers to Germany. The breakfast room was cute, and the food was good. My only complaint about breakfast has nothing to do with the hotel, but with the other guests. I wish people sick with colds would be more careful at buffets. The hotel is in an excellent location for getting to the city center quickly and easily. Free parking also made it a great choice for us, and it was in a quiet neighborhood. A few reviewers said they walked through a seedy area nearby, but we never saw an area like that. My advice: don't go over there, because you don't need to! We walked directly toward the Oktoberfest grounds to the subway. Easy, and no creepy people around. Just trees, homes and offices. It was nice to return at the end of the day to a quiet location without the street noises of the busy downtown areas. The wifi is slow, but it works.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is ideally located. It includes free wifi, free breakfast, and free parking. The rooms are clean but really basic. The beds and rooms are no frills. The hotel itself gets the job done but nothing special.

• Stayed October 2012
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Uhland is an old Munich mansion refurbished to a modern, comfortable standard located walking distance away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, but close to the U-bahn and the Oktoberfest site.
Comfortable, friendly hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I came to Munich to experience Oktoberfest, although we booked this hotel close to a year in advance it proved to be worth the advanced planning. The location is a block away from the park for Oktoberfest, but it was not loud or crazy at night on the street. The hotel is close to the train station and the city center. The staff was wonderful and friendly. They were able to suggest sites for dinners and tours of the city. We plan to return and we would not stay at any other location!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I arrived in Munich on September 5th after an overnight flight from Canada .I can only blame it on jet lag but some how we went out the wrong exit and lost our bearings. What should have been a ten minute walk to the Hotel Uhland took us about 30 minutes. It was a humid day and I broke two wheels on my suitecase on the way to the hotel. Lets just say I was very tired and hot and not in the best mood by the time we arrived at the hotel. Brigitte was at the front desk with a warm welcome. She could see that I was not in the best of moods so she calmly suggested I take a cold drink of water (water and ice available beside the front desk) and go down the hall to the computer/ reading room and relax while they made up our room.We arrived about 11.15am and check-in was 3.00pm but they had us in our room by noon. Things were getting better.The room was a good size with high ceilings and crown moulding. It was clean and quiet like I had asked for The bathroom was also very clean and a good size. Because the building is over a hundred years old and a former mansion I do not think that there are any two rooms the same. The hotel is in a great location ,close to the main train station, U baun , Oktoberfest grounds and local restaurants ans beer gardens..The breakfast is your typical european of cold meats ,cheese,bread ,buns, boiled eggs fruit,jams etc. You are asked if you want coffee or tea when you come in and it is brought to your table. The breakfast room is very nice and can get busy but we were always able to get a table . What really sets this hotel apart from others is the service. My wife has naturally curly hair but was wearing it straight when we arrived in Munich.The second day in Munich her straighting iron broke and after getting back from an excursion on a warm day ,she decided to get it cut and let it go back curly. I said how are you going to find somewhere in Munich to get it cut and there is the fact you do not speak German. Not to worry. Down to the front desk we went and there was Nate. He asked the price range she would pay back home and then made a call. He found a place for my wife to go. He found someone who spoke english, made an appointment ,gave her the address and called her a cab to get there. About an hour and a half later she came back a very happy lady. Thanks Nate.(Happy wife,happy life). My wife and I were considering taking the train to see Zugspitze( the highest mountain in Germany). We asked Maria at reception if she could help us . She said she would go on line and find out the train schedule and leave it at the front desk for us . When we came back from our day out the lady on the desk gave us the information Maria had gotten for us. She found out that there was construction being done on the rail line and we would have to take a train,transfer to a bus and then transfer to a second bus.The time would be 3 1/2 hrs each way. We decided it was way to much travel time ,so we did not go. Thank you Maria. Thanks Peter for your smile every night when we arrived back tired and ready to call it a day and also for our wake up calls the next morning. Thanks to everyone at the Hotel Uhland for a wonderful stay. By the way , we liked it so much we booked it for our last night in europe (after coming back from Berlin and Prague). They stored a carry on bag full of souvenirs for us until we got back and it was in our room when we checked in. Nice touch. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to family, freinds or anyone else looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel Uhland with 5 friends during our visit to Oktoberfest.

We booked our reservation in November 2011 and as it was for during Oktoberfest, it had to be fully pre-paid but the end of June which meant a bank transfer as they didn't take payment online or via the phone. This was easily done although at additional cost. I believe for other bookings during the year payment can be made on departure by credit card.

We chose the hotel for the location. We had only 2 nights there (1 full day at Oktoberfest) and we wanted somewhere that was close to the site - you couldn't get any closer - literally a minutes walk.

We booked 2 triple rooms and both were very nice. We were in room 35 which has been recently refurbished and both the bedroom area and bathroom were well finished, clean, spacious and overall we were impressed.

The hotel had free wifi and we didn't have any issues accessing it from within the room. Breakfast was a buffet served until 10am. Hot drinks were served by a member of staff and there was a good selection of cereals, fruit juices, breads together with meats/cheeses, etc. For the purposes it was perfectly adequate although hot cooked items would have been a nice addition.

If I were to return to Oktoberfest again I would most definitely stay here again. If I was visiting for another purpose it would certainly be a hotel I would consider depending on price/location/travel companions, etc.

Room Tip: We had a triple room number 35. Refurbished and very nice. Big bathroom.