“Functional and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #156 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Functional and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I only stayed one night, had very warm welcome at reception. The room was clean and functional, perfect for a business trip. The breakfast was pretty impressive and it was included in the price.
It is within easy walking distance from the station and it was really easy to get train from airport to city centre.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hungarian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We booked this hotel from Agoda at around €80/night for the basic room, but found out that the basic room was indeed: BASIC. It was allocated at 2nd floor which was too close to the street and a little noisy when you open the windows and it doesn't come with air conditional and safe box. As we expect the weather is going to turn warm in the next 2 days, we made the decision to upgrade it with extra €20 per room per night and got their best room that comes with air conditioning, safe box, espresso machine, unlimited internet (otherwise it will be limited to 50MB a day) complimentary water every day, all the amenities and comfortable bed! Our stay was good in the next few days. :)

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for 4 nights, with my wife. The hotel is located near the main train station, being only a 5 minute walk. The hotel is a little dated, in the lobby and restaurant area.

The room was a good size, enough room for 2 people plus luggage. The room contained everything you need for a sufficient stay plus our room overlooked the garden courtyard. Noise from other guests was minimal, allowing for a full nights rest. My only criticism would be the tiny bathroom, it made it extremely difficult for 2 people in the morning to get ready.

We ate at the restaurant for dinner on one occasion, I wouldn't recommend it, the service was average, as was the food. With many great restaurants a stone's throw away, I would recommend eating out each night. We did have breakfast at the hotel, which was much better than dinner. The restaurant provided a quality buffet with many hot and cold choices.

I would recommend staying here and would stay here again myself, it is convenient location to explore Munich.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Friendly staff, perfect position near the city center, flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi and absolutely excellent breakfast. The only negative feature was the room floor not quite clean. The hotel also offers a very neat lounge room, a baggage keeping service and a sauna.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

I stayed at this hotel with my friend while we spent some time in Munich visiting friends. I was a little hesitant about booking this hotel because the reviews were very mixed. However, the friend I was traveling with had stayed in this hotel with her boyfriend in August and insisted it was a good pick. I was not disappointed! The hotel was in a central location. 5 minute walk to central station, 10-15 minute walk to Marienplatz,and 5 minute walk to Augustiner Keller Munich a great beer hall! Furthermore, our room was clean, recently renovated, and spacious. The hotel staff was friendly and made checking in and out a breeze. The only major con is that not all the rooms have air conditioning. We traveled in February, so this was not a problem for us. However, definitely something to consider in the warmer months. The hotel does offer free Wi-Fi which was fast and efficient for general web surfing. All and all I would say definitely worth the 90 euros per night that we paid!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

We stayed here for 2 nights because we got a great price online. This is a nice hotel for the price. Its not a bad walk to the train station which is very convenient to get to the Marienplatz. ( central shopping )
I would definitely stay there again. Fabulous buffet breakfast is purchased along with the room. Im not sure I would spend the money if bought separate.

Room Tip: stayed on the 3rd floor. pretty quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Cambridgeshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

This is a fairly basic hotel with a lukewarm welcome. The room was a decent size with a reasonable amount of storage space. I didn't find my bed very comfortable. The room had a kettle and complimentary tea/coffee. There's a hairdryer. The bathroom was quite small with very little storage space for toiletries. I was at the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor and although there is a main road just in front of the hotel, there is no noise - unless you open the window. The door to the room, however, seemed to be wafer-thin and I was woken up by people talking outside. There is no safe in the room - which always makes me a bit nervous and I will usually put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door when there is nowhere to keep my laptop/passport etc. But this is ignored: your room will be entered even if you keep the sign on your door.

There is a fitness centre but it has just a few cardio machines: no weights and no mats.
The bar is ok, but the service is patchy and the wine isn't good.

In the local area there's not much of note: unless you're a big fan of kebabs. The central station (Hauptbahnhof) is within walking distance which is useful for getting around the city and surrounding areas. If you like walking, you can get to the old city centre in about 20 minutes.

Ok for a few days stay, but I'll probably look for somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Christian K, Manager at TRYP Muenchen City Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2015
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for your comment.

I´m sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your bed, as our extra thick and brand-new mettresses normally are one of our guests´ favorite amenities.

We´re very happy to hear that you did not hear any noise from the street despite your room facing the main street.

We are currently equipping all of our Superior and Premium category rooms with a safe. We also offer the complementary use of safety boxes at the front desk.
Sorry to hear you were disturbed though you had the "Do not disturb" sign outsite your room. Please rest assured that we will follow up this.

We do offer a large selection of good wines in all pricing ranges. I´m sure you´ll find a wine that you like during your next visit! Please ask our bar staff - they´ll be more than happy to recommend you our guests´favorites and to let you try.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Best regards,

Christian Kauck

Been to TRYP Muenchen City Center? Share your experiences!